• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is Your One Quick Favorite Recipe?

In summary, the Furry Guy likes a simple chicken dish that is easy to make. He likes Lemon Chicken because it is lemon-y and has butter and chicken.
SilverCeladon
I need some new recipes. I know it's easy to pick up a cookbook and try but I want something good! Now, what's your favorite?

Are you looking for recipes for a show or just for home use?

I really slaved in the kitchen last night. In fact, I almost got a paper cut opening the Hamburger Helper box.

Right now, at home a quick favorite is the Whole Grain Chicken Bites from the 29 minute cookbook. We just had them last night with steamed yellow beans and creamed spinach.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I really slaved in the kitchen last night. In fact, I almost got a paper cut opening the Hamburger Helper box.

You sound like my husband ;)

As for a simple dinner we like at home, this is a favorite of ours.

Salsa Sour Cream Chicken

8 chicken thighs, skin removed (we use boneless, skinless breast cut in chunks)
1 package dry taco seasoning mix
1 cup salsa
1/4 cup sour cream - non-fat or low-fat

Place chicken in a lightly greased shallow baking dish; season with the taco seasoning mix.

Pour the salsa over the chicken; bake at 350° for 35 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender.

When ready to serve, remove the chicken from the casserole, stir sour cream into salsa, then return chicken.

Serve salsa sour cream chicken and sauce with spanish rice.

This chicken recipe serves 4.

(We usually serve it over egg noodles and sometimes I mix frozen corn in when I mix the sour cream in)

redsoxgirl said:
<snip>8 chicken thighs, skin removed (we use boneless, skinless breast cut in chunks)<snip>
Your family can't tell the difference between breasts and thighs? :eek:

redsoxgirl said:
Are you looking for recipes for a show or just for home use?

Just for home.

redsoxgirl said:
You sound like my husband ;)

As for a simple dinner we like at home, this is a favorite of ours.

Salsa Sour Cream Chicken

8 chicken thighs, skin removed (we use boneless, skinless breast cut in chunks)
1 package dry taco seasoning mix
1 cup salsa
1/4 cup sour cream - non-fat or low-fat

Actually, now that I think about it, I think we use a whole jar of salsa - not just a cup! LOL
It makes a nice sauce though *shrugs*

Sour Cream Salsa Chicken is one of our favorites also. I do mine in the crock pot. I then serve it over white rice.

I also make Taco Soup in the crock pot in the winter also ALOT.

It helps to always have diced tomatoes in the cupboard. I get the petite diced ones. Lots can be done with those.
My kids like Piccadilly Pockets (we use hamb buns instead of pita pockets)
Brown 1 pound hamburger with a small onion in olive oil if you need it.
Drain one 14 ish oz. diced tomatoes and add to fully cooked meat.
Press in a garlic clove.
Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/8 tsp pepper, and 1 tsp salt.
(We don't add 1/2 cup raisins or 1/4 cup slivered almonds because family doesn't like those.)
Simmer for 20 minutes and serve.
It's pretty quick because I make it so much I barely have to read the recipe and the ingredients are all things I keep in my kitchen.

This is an easy casserole and makes a ton - one of our favorites.

CHICKEN FETTUCINE

3-4 chicken breasts (I use boneless but you can use whatever or any combination of chicken such as breasts or thighs)
1 8oz can sliced mushrooms (drained)
16 oz box spaghetti
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1 small jar pimentos, chopped. No need to drain.
1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Boil chicken & cut meat into bite size pieces. Boil spaghetti noodles - I save the chicken broth and add more water and boil the noodles in this - gives it more flavor!
Put cooked spaghetti in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. The rectangular baker is perfect for this. Lay chicken over the noodles. Mix mushrooms, soups, sour cream and pimentos. Pour over chicken. Top with cheeses. I use more cheese than it calls for!!!
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. This is wonderful and feeds a crowd. You can leave out the mushrooms and pimentos of course if your crowd is picky but I feel like the pimentos especially give it a unique flavor. I also use the lowfat soups and sour cream and cant tell the difference.

The Furry Guy's favorite is Lemon Chicken. It's pretty simple. Throw a couple of tablespoons of butter into a non-stick pan. Melt. Add a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice. Add boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Cook until done. You can always mix it up a bit by adding garlic, honey, or any spice blend to the butter and lemon juice. The Furry Guy really likes it served with rice.

oooo Rae - Furry guy will love you if you add some of our new Greek Seasoning!

That thought definitely occurred to me. :)

hamburger rice hotdish

1 pound hamburger (browned)
3/4 cup rice
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 cans of water

mix rice, soup and water
add in brown hamburger
bake for 1 hour at 350

Related to What Is Your One Quick Favorite Recipe?

1. What is your one quick favorite recipe for a weeknight dinner?

My go-to recipe for a quick and delicious weeknight dinner is my sheet pan chicken and veggies. Simply place chicken breasts and your favorite chopped vegetables on a sheet pan, season with your choice of spices, and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. It's a one-pan meal that is both nutritious and easy to clean up.

2. Do you have a favorite recipe for a potluck or party?

Yes, my favorite recipe for a potluck or party is my spinach and artichoke dip. It's always a crowd-pleaser and can be made ahead of time. Simply mix together cream cheese, sour cream, chopped spinach, canned artichokes, and shredded cheese. Bake until bubbly and serve with crackers or veggies.

3. What is your favorite recipe for a sweet treat?

I love making my chocolate chip cookie bars when I'm craving something sweet. They are quick and easy to make, and the combination of gooey chocolate and chewy cookie is irresistible. Plus, you don't have to scoop individual cookies, making it a time-saver as well.

4. What is your one quick favorite recipe for breakfast?

My favorite quick breakfast recipe is overnight oats. Simply mix together oats, milk (or milk alternative), and your choice of mix-ins such as fruit, nuts, and honey in a jar or container. Leave it in the fridge overnight, and in the morning, you have a delicious and filling breakfast ready to go.

5. Do you have a favorite recipe for a special occasion or holiday?

For special occasions or holidays, I love making my slow cooker pulled pork. It's a crowd-pleaser and requires minimal effort. Simply place a pork shoulder in the slow cooker with your choice of BBQ sauce and seasonings, and let it cook for 8 hours on low. Shred the meat and serve on buns for a delicious and easy meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
  • blessedrub
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies