• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are You Serving at Open House?

In summary, the conversation is about different consultants sharing their plans for their upcoming open house events. They discuss what recipes they will be making, the products they will be showcasing, and whether or not they will have product stations for guests to try. One consultant is also concerned about spending too much money on food if not enough people show up. They also mention their excitement for new products, such as the grill pan.
gilliandanielle
My sneak peek totally snuck up on me and I don't even have food picked yet! What are you making at your open house that is easy to do but feeds a lot? I am making everything ahead and not preparing food in front of guests.

Gillian,

I am making a few of the new Dine Out at Home. For sure I'm doing the asparagus and the caramel cakes. I'm not sure if I'll do an entree one or not--I'm still deciding. I have to make my grocery list tonight b/c I'm going shopping for it all tomorrow and then my party is Friday! YIKES!

I am also not doing a demo. I'm really excited about it!

My Sneak Peak is next Thursday. I am making ahead the lemon cupcakes and the pound cake cupcakes (in the silicone) and then I am dividing my kitchen up into 3 stations, and we will all be cooking. The carmel apple bread pudding, chicken-portobello panini and Harvest Chicken Salad. I am so excited, because my grill pan came UPS today. Everyone who is coming is really excited that they get to cook, AND everyone is going home with the new Season's BEST. I am also making the cheese spread recipe that came with the new cheese board, and I will have that with crackers. I will make that ahead also.

I think I am doing the Chicken Havest Salad, Carmal sticky cakes, Antipasta Pizza and 1 more dessert (either the pecan tart or the Warm apple almond pastry)? I usually do 4 recipes at all my preivews-openings. Good luck!

Are any of you going to set up product stations to use the stuff, but not for cooking? I thought about it with the UM, but I didn't get any knives so I don't know how to "test" other stuff!

I will have all my new products I earned and those sample packs that I bought to display. They are always welcome to test product as it's laid out! Very rarely have any taken the opp. to play with the products but I encourage it always!

I am making:
Portabella Chicken Panini's
Antipasto Pizza
Crispbread w/ Parmesan Butter & Olive Spread
Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
Caramel Sticky Cakes
Chocolate Pecan Tart

Everything will be assembled(and some cooked) ahead of time - and I'll grill the panini's and do the Bread Pudding in the microwave as people start arriving.
Everyone will vote for what they like best - I am only doing recipes that show a ton of products, and ones that we decided at our cluster meeting would make a good demo. (The asparagus just isn't practical for the winter time here in MI - I'll probably do it as a demo in the spring when Asparagus is plentiful!)
Gillian - I will probably have the UM set up for people to try - but I am doing a short presentation about 45 minutes into my Sneak Preview, and will just pass around a knife then(I earned the paring, and purchased the Chef), and talk from the Chart that was sent in our Changeover packet. IF people want to try it out - I'll let them - but I'm not going to set up a station for it - I'm sure there will be children running around (already had some ask if they could bring theirs) and I don't want those knives lying around!

I am just going to make about 2 things. i advertised light snacks. I want to focus more on products. i am going to do a dip recipe and one of the skillet cakes ( i am trying it this weekend and will know after i try it for sure). i do not want to spend a ton of money on food and not have too many people show up to eat it. i hope this generates lots of interest - it will be my first one!!! I called HO and my grill pan is suppose to be here Tuesday. I am so excited to have it on hand!!! I may change my mine and make paninies after i get it.

I have been thinking about what I could make from some of the theme shows to get bookings, but I have the same reservations about spending too much money and having no one show up!

Open House MenuI did an open house with our Spring products and glad that I took my director's advise to just serve dips, chips & a light dessert. I didn't have the numbers attend that I thought I would but I wasn't really out a lot of money. I did the salsa & gauc dips from the Fiesta Seasonings packet. It was probably the hit of the night with the few guests that I had.

I'm planning on doing another open house 9/7 and have started my advertising much sooner in hopes that I might have a better turn out. I will probably do the same thing again this time only do a skillet cake (something with apples for the fall) and a dip of some kind. I'm also going to get on the phone and call to remind people of the Open House this time too. Of course, I hope that it doesn't snow-- since that's what happened in the spring!!!!:p

I invited about 100 people to my open house (for Tues. Aug 22)- Past Hosts and a few very good customers....I sent out an email invite, and then followed that up a couple days later with a hard copy in the US Mail....so far I have 10 RSVP's - Tomorrow I am sending a reminder email, and then this weekend, calling everyone to remind them......I really think if you want a good turn-out at your Open House, you need to make those reminder calls - I tell my hosts that they need to do them - it's no different for me! Last year, I had 20 at my open house, with $600 in sales and 8 bookings - and some wouldn't have remembered to come if I hadn't made those calls!

Last Spring I made 5 of the Spring/Summer recipes, and I had a GREAT turn out for my Spring preview. I am doing the same for Fall (new recipes) My hope was that my customers will look forward to my preview shows, and it seems that is what is happening, from my RSVP's they say they would not miss it- it is so much fun !!!!

I am a newby! I am having a mystery host show for my first show on the 29th of Aug. and am wondering if anyone has any good suggestions. Am mailing about 100 invites and will sent evites to all I have emails for! I am planning on fixing most of the food ahead but would be open to any good suggestions. Also, does anyone have a good show outline they have found to be easy to follow that addresses most of the products? Will welcome any and all suggestions! Thanks!

Kathy Edwards
Independent Consultant
[email protected]
www.pamperedchef.biz/kathyedwards

I decided to serve:
smoked turkey and provolone paninis
garlic pull-apart bread
veggies with southwestern seasoning dip
chips & salsa

I didn't want to spend too much on food because I am not sure how many people are going to show up. Also, I couldn't find half the things that I needed for any Season's Best recipes that sounded half-way good. I think that my area is just not ready for these! Also, don't tell Doris, but I don't have the grill press so I am going to make my paninis in the George Foreman!! I will make them before anyone get there of course, and if anyone asks I'll deny all! Ahhhh! Confessions of a PC consultant!

gilliandanielle said:
Also, don't tell Doris, but I don't have the grill press so I am going to make my paninis in the George Foreman!! I will make them before anyone get there of course, and if anyone asks I'll deny all! Ahhhh! Confessions of a PC consultant!

You are so funny! I was actually thinking of doing the same thing - but was able to borrow my Director's professional Grill Pan...I bought the press with the hope of one day soon getting the Ex. Grill Pan!

Nobody even noticed that the paninis were made with no grill pan or press in sight! I had only four people show up including my mom and sister and SIL. Pretty pathetic I know! Sales are at $200 right now but I am going to call everyone who didn't come to ask about the discontinued products before they are gone. I still have tons of food left!

gilliandanielle said:
Nobody even noticed that the paninis were made with no grill pan or press in sight! I had only four people show up including my mom and sister and SIL. Pretty pathetic I know! Sales are at $200 right now but I am going to call everyone who didn't come to ask about the discontinued products before they are gone. I still have tons of food left!

Sorry to hear about your small turn out! How many people did you invite? Did you do reminder calls or emails before?

I am doing one next month and plan to invite 50 or so people by mail and 130 by e-vite. Hope I get a decent turn out! My last preview had only 8 people but $800 in sales at least!:)

I sent out 65 invites- 40 by mail and 25 e-vites. I sent a reminder e-mail the day before, and had 10 confirmed yesses. I didn't do specific reminder calls, but I did mention it to everyone that I talked to in passing between when I sent them out and the day of. It was a hard weekend because school starts on Tuesday, but I had to do it this weekend because our HUGE state fair starts next weekend and the booth will be there with all the new products. I didn't want my customers stopping to see all the new products and getting suckered in by another consultant! The good news is that I am working two shifts at the fair (Sept 3 and 4) so maybe I will get some new bookings. I picked labor day because it is the last day of the fair and people are off work so I am hoping there will be more people!

I think I'm going to do the new asparagus recipe, chocolate lava cake and some dips and chips. I'm really worried about the turn out for my Open House that is this Thursday! I really don't want sales, but I need bookings! I just moved and trying to move by business has been next to impossible. I have 3 maybes and 1 yes! The 1 yes said she'll probably bring a friend or two, so that might help. One of the 'maybes' is booking a Fundraiser for September for Team in Training (Leukemia/Lymphoma Societies). Anyway, I just don't want to spend a lot of $$ on food, and then not have much of a turn out. Do you all tend to get a lot of people showing up that didn't RSVP? I've had that happen in the past, but I don't know whether I should expect it now or not. Anyway.... glad you started this thread! I really hope I get at least a couple of bookings, then I will consider it a success! :eek:

I am going to make the Cherry Chocolate SKillet Cake that was in an old season's best and I think i am going to to dip and vegetables in the Chillzane. I sent out about 30 e-vites and I have about 30 flyers to either hand out or mail. And then I am going to put them in the doors of all of my neighbors. I worry about spending lots of money too. I advertised "light" snacks so they do not expect a huge spread if they come. I also put on my flyers a door prize for everyone attedning and an additional drawing for those ordering. I am going to do the spice samples with recipe talked about in another thread for the door prize, that way is they are not all given out I can always use them later at other shows. My drawing prize is going to be for 2 SB one Spring/Summer one and then another one that is retired and i will probably put a twix-it in too. Nothing that I am having psend more money on b/c I already have them on hand.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for ALL of our Open Houses!!!

Last edited:
I don't like to spend a lot of $ either, but I usually have about 20-30 people show up to my openhouses. I always to a veggie tray with dip from the farmers market packet and serve it in my Chillzanne Server and put the dip in the Mini Chillzanne Bowl I also put crackers out in SA.

This time I am going to make the discontinued Lemon Cake (I got 5 boxes from conference FREE) in the fluted stone in the microwave. This way you can show people how easy it was to make a cake in the micro in 15 mins. And it also reminds people that they can use their stones in the micro.

I am also going to make mini pumpkin choc chip bread in the mini loaf pan (1 Spice Cake Mix and a can of Pumpkin, Mix together add chips cook 350. for cookies 20 mins and bread 25-30 or until tester comes out clean depends on oven, very low fat for dieters, they are a hit, last year I did them but I made them into cookies not bread loafs).

Then I am going to make a loaf of the cheesey bread with the Beer Bread Mix.

This is all very low cost and if you have left overs you can freeze the bread for later. I make this all the day before so when I get home from my full-time job I can set out the food and be ready for guests to arrive. I don't like serving warm food at my openhouses because I have people coming and going for 3 hours and it is hard to keep things warm and I am cooking and trying to take care of my guests at the same time. I felt it was too much. My last openhouse (March)was just under $950. GOOD LUCK!

cookinmama said:
I don't like to spend a lot of $ either, but I usually have about 20-30 people show up to my openhouses. I always to a veggie tray with dip from the farmers market packet and serve it in my Chillzanne Server and put the dip in the Mini Chillzanne Bowl I also put crackers out in SA.

This time I am going to make the discontinued Lemon Cake (I got 5 boxes from conference FREE) in the fluted stone in the microwave. This way you can show people how easy it was to make a cake in the micro in 15 mins. And it also reminds people that they can use their stones in the micro.

I am also going to make mini pumpkin choc chip bread in the mini loaf pan (1 Spice Cake Mix and a can of Pumpkin, Mix together add chips cook 350. for cookies 20 mins and bread 25-30 or until tester comes out clean depends on oven, very low fat for dieters, they are a hit, last year I did them but I made them into cookies not bread loafs).

Then I am going to make a loaf of the cheesey bread with the Beer Bread Mix.

This is all very low cost and if you have left overs you can freeze the bread for later. I make this all the day before so when I get home from my full-time job I can set out the food and be ready for guests to arrive. I don't like serving warm food at my openhouses because I have people coming and going for 3 hours and it is hard to keep things warm and I am cooking and trying to take care of my guests at the same time. I felt it was too much. My last openhouse (March)was just under $950. GOOD LUCK!

Just curious how you have such a great turnout each time? Mine have only been 8-10 each time!! What do you do to get them there!???

This Sunday open House/ Fundraiser!! I was going to do the sticky buns, the skillet biscuits, and profitable puffs. I was going to have the puffs ready and let them inject the creme and use the new icing bottles for them to decorate. Fun for them less work for me. :) -

Open House Success!My Open House was last night - I had 20 people attend, with 8 total bookings, and one recruit who is signing this month! I invited past hosts and regular customers (who I affectionately call my PC groupies). I sent email invitations (about 100), and then sent out about 70 invites in US mail. Followed that up 4 days before the show with a reminder email, and then a marathon evening the night before the show making reminder phone calls!

I DON"T do a Mystery Host show - I know that works for a lot of people, but not so well for me.......I do alot of give-aways though - with drawings every 15 minutes - and I use stuff I've accumulated through the year thru free product, 60% host specials, 1/2 off items etc.......and people LOVE that!

I used the flyer from the "Need More Sept. Bookings" thread on getting the entire Glazed collection for $65.00 in Sept. and that generated a ton of interest! One lady who booked for Sept. has most of the glazed stoneware already - but she is doing it to use them as Christmas gifts for her sisters! (lucky sisters!)
I really didn't do anything special for the recruit - it was a past host who has been on the fence for a Looooooong time! (since last Nov.!) and I just told her she had to decide to do it, because I've never had ANYONE talk as much about becoming a consultant as she has the past year! She has attended about 1 show a month for the past year (had 5 bookings from her show last Nov.) and at every show she tells everyone how much she would love to do what I do.......and last night she FINALLY decided to do it!

FYI: We made the Phyllo-wrapped asparagus at a cluster meeting. I used the leftover supplies to make up some extras and threw them in a baggie in the fridge. I made them 2 days later and they were great. We thought they might be good to fix ahead since they're kind of labor intensive, and it was our little experiment...

My fall preview/open house is Saturday. I've invited 90 people. I've finally decided on a menu: Chocolate pecan lattice tart, veggies & dip, pound cake cupcakes made in the new silicone pan, sandwiches using bread tube bread (cucumber and tomato with dill/mayo topping), tomato basil squares.

Jeanie

Related to What Are You Serving at Open House?

What Are You Serving at Open House?

1. What type of food will be served at the open house?

We will be serving a variety of dishes, including appetizers, entrees, and desserts. Our menu is carefully curated to showcase the versatility of our Pampered Chef products.

2. Will there be any vegetarian or gluten-free options available?

Yes, we understand that dietary restrictions are important and we will have vegetarian and gluten-free options available for our guests.

3. Are there any allergens that we should be aware of in the food being served?

We will do our best to accommodate any allergies or food sensitivities. Please let us know in advance so we can make the necessary arrangements.

4. Can I bring my own dish to share at the open house?

While we appreciate the gesture, we have a carefully planned menu for the open house. We kindly ask that you do not bring any outside food to the event.

5. Will there be any cooking demonstrations or samples available?

Yes, our open house is a great opportunity to see our products in action and taste some delicious samples. We will also have cooking demonstrations throughout the event to showcase the ease and convenience of our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pctharper
  • lkspeir
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • beepampered