• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Set up for an Open House & What to Serve

I usually have around 20-30 items out and about.I think its a great idea to do a weekend party. I also think its a great idea to do a lot of sampling.
naekelsey
Gold Member
Can someone help me with suggestions as to how you would set up for an Open House with the new products? Does anyone have pictures they can share? And what do you serve? Just little tid bits or actual food?

And do you find that a weekend time works better than a weekday or vice versa?

I guess it depends on your area. I'm in Okinawa and a majority of us are stay at home moms. I had an incredibly successful one on a Monday during school hours. I would keep food simple. Cookies/muffins and coffee, water and lemonade (or something like that)

I do recipes from the new Season's Best that I plan on doing for shows that season. I also make sure to ask how people like them. One season just making the dish made me realize it wasn't going to work for shows and one season most people didn't like one (it was a few years ago). The party I am doing this time will have the BBQ chicken pizza (on the cover of the catalog), the peanutbutter brownie sandwiches (cut in half for 24) and the lemon cherry crumble cake. I will also have mini meatballs for tasting the sauces. I will be making the Bitty Bevs in both Alcoholic and Non Alcoholic. I usually have at least 20-30 people attend and book at least 4 shows so for me the extra ingredient cost is worth it!

I tend to go over the top. I'll grill up some chicken in the grill pan and people can use seasonings for them. I'm also going to do some pulled pork in the new RCB and meatballs in the SRB for tasting the new BBQ sauces. I'll do some type of drink in the pitcher, a cake in the rice cooker, and use cream cheese with some of the sauces for sampling. I really don't make a lot of any one thing. ITs really just a sample thing, but a LOT of sampling!!! I'm possibly thinking of doing wraps in the grill pan instead of the chicken just to see how a wrap show would go. I also want to do something in the brownie pan. Maybe mini lasagnas! I agree with darlinclem that its a perfect time to experiment. You're comfortable with everyone coming, they know you, and you can get honest feedback.

I also try to pull out as many PC products as I possibly can to have on display. People can use the outdoor plates/plasticwer, the outdoor cups and dots glasses for their drinks, use the appitizer plates/caddy.....use everything you got!

1. What are the essential items needed for setting up an open house?

Some essential items for setting up an open house include:

• Tables and chairs for displaying products and seating for guests
  • Tablecloths and decorations to make the space inviting
  • Product displays and samples for guests to try
  • Order forms and catalogs for guests to browse and make purchases
  • Business cards for follow-up communication

2. How can I make my open house stand out and attract more guests?

Consider offering a special promotion or discount for guests who attend the open house. You can also create a theme or unique experience, such as a cooking demonstration or a DIY workshop using your products. Utilizing social media and sending out invitations to friends and family can also help attract more guests.

3. What type of food should I serve at an open house?

Finger foods and light snacks are ideal for open houses, as they are easy for guests to eat while browsing and chatting. Consider offering a variety of options, such as a fruit and cheese platter, vegetable tray with dip, and mini sandwiches or appetizers. You can also incorporate your Pampered Chef products by preparing some recipes for guests to try.

4. How can I make sure my guests have a good experience at the open house?

Provide a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere for your guests. Make sure to greet each person as they arrive and offer them a beverage and some food. Encourage them to browse and ask questions about the products. You can also offer product demonstrations and share personal experiences with the products to make the experience more interactive and informative.

5. How should I handle sales at an open house?

Have a designated area for guests to make purchases, such as a table with a cash box or a mobile payment option. Make sure to have enough order forms and pens available for guests to fill out their orders. Consider offering a special discount or bundle deal for purchases made at the open house to encourage sales. Finally, make sure to follow up with guests after the open house to thank them for attending and provide any necessary information about their purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • lkspeir