• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are You Making for January Shows.....

In summary, CookinKim is considering the chowder and biscuit bites as her dish for the New Year's Resolution Show, while another person is planning a Saints party. There are also pizza options available.
meea
Would love to hear everyone's ideas.....................

I think I'm going to go with Potato Chowder. It's a nice warm comfort food!!

I was thinking about light dishes, since everyone's NYrs resolution is usually to diet. The microwave chicken fajitas in the dcb sounds great, and showcases sooo many tools too, what with the cutting up of all the fillers while the chicken's cooking.

Loaded Baked Potato Chowder w/ Garlic Parmesan biscuit bites. I did it for November Shows, took a break and did appetizers or cookie exchange shows in Dec....but now I'm going back to it. My January hosts who I've talked to already are excited to have me do this demo!

I keep forgetting about those biscuit bites. I'll be doing those too!!

Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Bites? They sound yummy! How do you make them?

I'm going with the chowder and biscuit bites too, except for one part that wants to do appetizers - it's a wine & cheese party. :)CookinKim - the fajitas in the DCB are awesome & SUPER easy! You use the mandoline & then you cut up the stuff with the salad choppers AFTER it cooks. IT AMAZES EVERYONE how EASY it is!!

I am doing a Black & Gold king cake show. We are having Saints music & making either a dessert or a crawfish King Cake. Everyone here is all excited about the Saints and so far everyone is loving the idea!

Ok, I've got to hear more about this Saints party! My husband would love that for the football party he wants to host. He stocked up on anything Saints when we were in Slidell for Christmas last week.

Let me know how it goes and what you're planning, if ya don't mind a "copycat".

I want to sell the bakers, so I'm offering Loaded Baked potato chowder or Chicken Penne al fresco with the bites. I'm also offering the Harvest Chicken Salad for those that want a healthier option. I have done my sweet cornbread muffins in the past with the soup.Sweet Cornbread recipe

1 (9 ounce) box corn muffin mix
1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
1/3 cup milk
4 eggs
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup water Preheat oven to 350.
Thoroughly spray muffin pan cups with non-stick spray.
Pour mixes into large batter bowl.
Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
The batter will be very thick.
Pour into prepared muffin cups.
I made 12 regular sized muffins and 24 mini muffins from one batch of this batter, and had a tiny bit left over for the "bowl lickers".
Bake mini muffins for 15 minutes, or until golden.
Bake regular sized muffins for 20 minutes, or until golden.

Fajita's and Margarita's to kick those mid winter blues and it is freezing here (15-25 degrees daily) so acting like you are someplace warm is great.

What is the crawfish King Cake

Beckycooks said:
What is the crawfish King Cake

A king cake with crawfish inside. ;) ;) (comment coming from cajun country)

Are you using a recipe for the Margaritas from PC or just what ever the host wants to buy? I think that sounds like a fun theme :)

I'm doing pizzas...Three Cheese Garden Pizza (if I can get to know the mandoline better...anyone with tips..help!), California Club Pizza, BLT Salad pizza, etc...

My director offered it as "you (the host) make the margarita's and make the fajita's" I thought about it and will do the same, but will offer to make the PC slap yo mama margarita's (think thats the name) for anyone under 21 or who doesn't want to drink reg. ones.

Microwave Turkey Chili, Baked Potato Chowder and biscuits, a few dessert choices and an app choice.

Chicken Tortilla Soup........YUM! Soup and slippers theme. All who wear slippers get entered into the contest for a prize!

luvs2cook said:
I'm doing pizzas...Three Cheese Garden Pizza (if I can get to know the mandoline better...anyone with tips..help!), California Club Pizza, BLT Salad pizza, etc...

BLT Salad Pizza? That sounds yummy.

luvs2cook said:

there's a video on CC that will really help you out with the mandoline:
Home > Consultant's Corner > Products and Recipes > Pampered Chef Products > Demonstration Videos > Product Demo Videos

HTH:D

I would love to get the recipe for the Garlic Parmesan biscuit bites. Can someone share this with me?

Thanks!

I am doing the baked potato chowder, and I copied off some one here I don't remember her name, But I'm doing a Soup and Slippers show!! My host think it sounds fun so we are going to give it a try!
One show I am changing to a wine and slippers show! That is what she wanted to do. Also I love the Choc Turtle skillet cake!! for a dessert.

Would you mind sharing the chicken tortilla soup recipe? I've been searching on here but am not having any luck... thanks!

lockhartkitchen said:
I want to sell the bakers, so I'm offering Loaded Baked potato chowder or Chicken Penne al fresco with the bites. I'm also offering the Harvest Chicken Salad for those that want a healthier option. I have done my sweet cornbread muffins in the past with the soup.

Sweet Cornbread recipe

1 (9 ounce) box corn muffin mix
1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
1/3 cup milk
4 eggs
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup water

Preheat oven to 350.
Thoroughly spray muffin pan cups with non-stick spray.
Pour mixes into large batter bowl.
Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
The batter will be very thick.
Pour into prepared muffin cups.
I made 12 regular sized muffins and 24 mini muffins from one batch of this batter, and had a tiny bit left over for the "bowl lickers".
Bake mini muffins for 15 minutes, or until golden.
Bake regular sized muffins for 20 minutes, or until golden.

Yum. Looking forward to trying this! Thanks Julie!

I think the bites recipe is part of the cookware info on CCGarlic Bites
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt 1 tablespoon
butter in Executive (8-in.) Sauté Pan.
2. Press in 1 clove of garlic and sprinkle with
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Mix.
3. Cut 1 package (10.2 ounces) grand-size refrigerated biscuits
(5 biscuits) into quarters. Arrange biscuit pieces in pan; sprinkle with
additional seasoning. Bake 18–22 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 10 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 110, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg,
Carbohydrate 13 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 300 mg, Fiber less than 1 g
Make this tasty recipe to demonstrate that
Executive Cookware is oven-safe and easily
releases food for effortless cleanup.

I am offering four choices: Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, Ultimate Fajitas (I do fajitas and guac but do a jarred salsa cuz I am too whipped to make the salsa too!), Green/White/Red Lasagna, Chipotle Cornbread Bake.

I always make a Chocolate Gooey Cake in the Baker...take two bakers to the shows!

That's it!

I'm not sure yet what I'll be making for my first Jan party but the second one, it's going to be a spa party!!

JackieZ said:
Would you mind sharing the chicken tortilla soup recipe? I've been searching on here but am not having any luck... thanks!

found it! look below

Last edited:
found it!!
TORTILLA CHICKEN CHILI
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 small onion
1 package Chili Seasoning Mix
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 to 16 ounces) kidney, white or pinto beans, undrained
1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn or whole kernel corn, drained
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cups broken tortilla chips (bite-size pieces)
Shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream and chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Drizzle Deep Covered Baker with olive oil. Add chicken and chunked onion.
2. Cover and microwave on high for 12 minutes, or until chicken is done.
3. Stir in Seasoning Mix, tomatoes, beans, corn, water and tortilla chips. Cover and microwave 10
minutes or until hot.
4. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and chopped cilantro, if desired.

Where do I get the recipe for the garlic parm biscuit bites. They sound great!

Ok, see the recipe, a little tired tonight. Thanks.

I have had alot of success with chicken your way. I am adding a soup for January.

I'm doing a "soup and slippers" show. I'll do the loaded potato chowder or the white chicken chili (with the beer bread with a variation) in the DCB and the bread in the loaf pan (guest special) and a contest with the best, worst, most comfortable, etc. slippers! When I mentioned it to a potential host, she thought that would be so much fun and we set a date immediately!

Can someone PLEASE share the Loaded Potato Chowder Recipe? I see everyone talking about, I would love to try it! Love the idea of Soup N' Slippers.

jabis68 said:
Can someone PLEASE share the Loaded Potato Chowder Recipe? I see everyone talking about, I would love to try it! Love the idea of Soup N' Slippers.

It is in the Fall/Winter '09 Season's Best. Go on to Consultant's Corner, then under the Recipe tab -> Recipes -> Season's Best....
From the drop-down field, you can then select the Fall/Winter '09 book. The recipe will be listed under the Main Dishes category. You select it, and then select "Show my selection". THen you can select if you want the recipe, the shopping list, both, - and if you want to print or email it.

I could post it, but I'm a "teach a man to fish" kind of person. ;) Now you'll know how to find ANY of the Season's Best recipes from the past few years, and can print or email them (including email them to someone else).

Enjoy!

esavvymom said:
It is in the Fall/Winter '09 Season's Best. Go on to Consultant's Corner, then under the Recipe tab -> Recipes -> Season's Best....
From the drop-down field, you can then select the Fall/Winter '09 book. The recipe will be listed under the Main Dishes category. You select it, and then select "Show my selection". THen you can select if you want the recipe, the shopping list, both, - and if you want to print or email it.

I could post it, but I'm a "teach a man to fish" kind of person. ;) Now you'll know how to find ANY of the Season's Best recipes from the past few years, and can print or email them (including email them to someone else).

Enjoy!

It's also on Consultant's Corner under Products and Recipes tab -> Theme Cooking Shows -> Comfort Foods.

I'm making Loaded Potato Chowder or Mex white chicken chili, both with a loaf of beer bread.

Sounds like my plan is the same as everyone elses! I have 10 shows this month, starting tomorrow, so I decided they would all be the same, "Soup & Slippers" with the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder. I have my son's Stewy (from "Family Guy") slippers ready to go. And, I thought it was clever, Stewy...Stew...Soup. Anyway, that's my idea, unique, just like everyone else.

which recipe do you use?

ChefCKHall said:
I am offering four choices: Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, Ultimate Fajitas (I do fajitas and guac but do a jarred salsa cuz I am too whipped to make the salsa too!), Green/White/Red Lasagna, Chipotle Cornbread Bake.

I always make a Chocolate Gooey Cake in the Baker...take two bakers to the shows!

That's it!

What chocolate gooey cake? the DCB?

1. What are some quick and easy recipes for January shows?

Some quick and easy recipes for January shows could include a one-pot chicken and vegetable stir fry, a hearty winter vegetable soup, or a flavorful herb-crusted pork tenderloin. These dishes are simple to make and perfect for busy weeknights.

2. What are some healthy options for January shows?

For a healthy twist, consider making a quinoa and black bean salad, a roasted vegetable and quinoa bowl, or a grilled salmon with citrus salsa. These dishes are packed with nutritious ingredients and are sure to be a hit with health-conscious guests.

3. What are some crowd-pleasing dishes for January shows?

To please a larger crowd, consider making a classic lasagna, a slow cooker chili, or a loaded baked potato casserole. These dishes are hearty, flavorful, and perfect for feeding a group.

4. What are some winter-themed dishes for January shows?

For a winter-inspired menu, consider making a creamy butternut squash soup, a cozy beef stew, or a warm apple crisp. These dishes are perfect for cold weather and will make your guests feel right at home.

5. What are some recipes that use seasonal ingredients for January shows?

To highlight seasonal ingredients, consider making a roasted root vegetable salad, a citrus and avocado salad, or a hearty kale and white bean soup. These dishes will showcase the best flavors of winter and keep your menu fresh and relevant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tams
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Doodlbug329
  • koima
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jrstephens
Replies