• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating Delicious Recipes with a DCB in January

In summary, the DCB can be used to make recipes for a show in January. The best DCB recipe is the chicken fajitas.
janej76
Silver Member
Hi Everyone

I have a host hosting a show in January. I booked this show off another, and my host there got the DCB as her free item.

She hasn't used it yet, and has suggested that we do a recipe in this at the January show.

So what can I make in it, that can be made in the show time/format?!

are you looking for a dessert or a main dish?

fast/easy chicken fajitas would be good

I Love the fajitas and you are guaranteed to sell salad choppers...heat the tortillas with a damp paper towl in the rice cooker in the microwave too...

people have been very impressed with the pork tenderloin in the microwave too...

OMG we can do tortillas in the rice cooker? Another reason that is my favorite piece of product!

LOL sorry a little off topic!

candiejayne said:
OMG we can do tortillas in the rice cooker? Another reason that is my favorite piece of product!

LOL sorry a little off topic!

I LOVE your excitement! ;)

Fajitas
Microwave White Chicken Chili
10 Min Pork TenderloinThose are the DCB recipes I have done at shows. The fajitas are the best!

30 Minute Roast Chicken w/ garlic parmesan biscuit bites in the saute pan.

This is my very best show for bookings! It shows off DCB, Cookware, and SA - it's a guarenteed bookings show!:thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
30 Minute Roast Chicken w/ garlic parmesan biscuit bites in the saute pan.

This is my very best show for bookings! It shows off DCB, Cookware, and SA - it's a guarenteed bookings show!:thumbup:

Tell me about these biscuit bites...I've not seen a recipe for them before!

I've been doing the Chicken Tortilla Casserole and it's a HUGE hit, especially since you can have dinner on the dinner in 13-15 minutes!!

lauradahl said:

Pillsbury Grand Biscuits
garlic
butter
parm cheese

melt butter and garlic in 8 inch saute pan.
quarter biscuits and place in saute pan.
place in oven for about 18-22 minutes on 375.
grate with parm cheese once they are out of the oven.

Fantastic. These are great, loving the sound of all of them! Definitely a savoury recipe, as I don't do desserts at my shows! Like the sound of the tortillas, although I have neither the micro-cooker or the salad choppers, so could be a problem. I'll look at the tenderloin recipe though, that sounds doable!I'm guessing my host will need a large microwave though to fit the DCB in? Does anyone know the measurements off hand?

janej76 said:
Fantastic. These are great, loving the sound of all of them!

Definitely a savoury recipe, as I don't do desserts at my shows!

Like the sound of the tortillas, although I have neither the micro-cooker or the salad choppers, so could be a problem.

I'll look at the tenderloin recipe though, that sounds doable!

I'm guessing my host will need a large microwave though to fit the DCB in? Does anyone know the measurements off hand?

Go to Consultant's Corner, look up the theme show for "The Incredible 30 Minute Chicken" and "Pork Tenderloin in under 10 minutes" (or whatever it's called), and you'll find the recipes, tips for your shows, and the microwave measurements there - All in cute little flyers that you can print off for your reference. You won't find the fajitas recipe there though, as that was informally developed by various consultants.

lauradahl said:

1 can Grands Biscuits (8 count - any kind)
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbls. Italian Seasoning
1 Clove garlic

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in 8" or 10" saute pan. Grate in parmesan cheese, sprinkle in seasoning, press in garlic. Cut biscuits in to quarters, and arrange over the top of the butter mixture, then stir to coat biscuits. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Slide out onto round dots plate, pour any extra butter mixture over the top, and serve with small tongs.

This is a GREAT demo that everyone loves. In fact, it's a most requested recipe - so I put it on the back of my business cards! I use a ton of products when demoing this recipe too.

10" saute pan
Microplane grater
garlic press
Italian Seasoning
Easy Read Measuring Spoon
Forged Utility Knife
Cutting Board
Small Mix n Scraper
Oven Mitt
Cooling Rack
Dots Plate
Small Bamboo Tongs
kitchen timer

Like I said, I do this demo along with the chicken - do the chicken first, put it in the micro, then do the biscuit demo - that takes about 15 minutes. then put the biscuits in the oven, go over all of the housekeeping stuff (like host bonuses, upcoming specials, the guest special, theme shows, etc...) Then, take the chicken out of the micro, and show it to everyone, cover it to sit for a few minutes. Take the biscuits out, plate them, pass them around, and cut up the chicken.

While everyone is eating - explain the checkout procedure, do a drawing, and you are done!

c00p said:
I've been doing the Chicken Tortilla Casserole and it's a HUGE hit, especially since you can have dinner on the dinner in 13-15 minutes!!

Where is the recipe for this? Cookbook?
TIA!

DebinIA said:
Where is the recipe for this? Cookbook?
TIA!

Nevermind...it was in the Spring/Summer SBRC.

The Pampered Chef ®
Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Recipe

1 poblano pepper
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 tbsp Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1/4 tsp salt
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups thick and chunky salsa
4 cups broken tortilla chips
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
Snipped fresh cilantro (optional)

Remove stem and seeds from poblano pepper using Utility Knife; slice into thin strips. Arrange poblano strips evenly over bottom of Deep Dish Baker. Thinly slice chicken using Utility Knife. Combine chicken, seasoning mix and salt in Classic Batter Bowl. Arrange chicken over poblano strips. Cover baker with 15-in. square of Parchment Paper, tucking corners of paper under baker. Microwave on HIGH 4 minutes; stir using Mix ‘N Scraper® to separate chicken strips. Cover; microwave an additional 4-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Drain and rinse black beans using small Colander. Stir beans and salsa into chicken mixture. Gently stir in tortilla chips with Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Grate cheese over baker using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears; sprinkle over casserole.

Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 360, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Protein 31 g, Sodium 1120 mg, Fiber 6 g

Cook's Tip: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be substituted for the chicken thighs, if desired.

Poblano peppers are dark green chiles with a rich flavor that varies from mild to slightly spicy. Poblanos are about 2 1/2 in. wide and 4-5 in. long, forming a triangular shape.

If desired, 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges, can be substituted for the poblano pepper.

Taco seasoning mix can be substituted for the Southwestern Seasoning Mix, if desired. Omit salt.

Shopping List
1 poblano pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 can (15 oz) black beans
1 small bunch fresh cilantro (optional)

Cook's Tips: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be substituted for the chicken thighs, if desired.

Poblano peppers are dark green chiles with a rich flavor that varies from mild to slightly spicy. Poblanos are about 2 1/2 in. wide and 4-5 in. long, forming a triangular shape.

If desired, 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges, can be substituted for the poblano pepper.

Taco seasoning mix can be substituted for the Southwestern Seasoning Mix, if desired. Omit salt.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd.,

The Chicken Tortilla Casserole needs more respect! (Make it without the cheese, add a can of drained whole kernel corn and use chicken breast for a somewhat lighter version. And substitute an onion for the poblano pepper if you need to.) It is sooo good and makes great "planned overs" for work lunches. I am having some today. Yum! :chef:​

LeslieSGI said:
The Chicken Tortilla Casserole needs more respect! (Make it without the cheese, add a can of drained whole kernel corn and use chicken breast for a somewhat lighter version. And substitute an onion for the poblano pepper if you need to.) It is sooo good and makes great "planned overs" for work lunches. I am having some today. Yum! :chef:​

I have never made this recipe - but DEFINATELY plan to - can I ask- WHY NO CHEESE?

stefani2 said:
I have never made this recipe - but DEFINATELY plan to - can I ask- WHY NO CHEESE?

I think she was saying to not use cheese to make it "lighter". I'd just use a lowfat cheese instead.

I think I'll make this tomorrow. I can't today - because I need my DCB for my show tonight!

ChefBeckyD said:
I think she was saying to not use cheese to make it "lighter". I'd just use a lowfat cheese instead.

Yep, that was what I was saying. I had planned to add the cheese later to the individual containers that I packed for lunches but I forgot and we never missed it.

janej76 said:
Fantastic. These are great, loving the sound of all of them!

Definitely a savoury recipe, as I don't do desserts at my shows!

Like the sound of the tortillas, although I have neither the micro-cooker or the salad choppers, so could be a problem.

I'll look at the tenderloin recipe though, that sounds doable!

I'm guessing my host will need a large microwave though to fit the DCB in? Does anyone know the measurements off hand?

13x13x7 inches

Barbeque Chicken Sandwiches!

I always sell the salad choppers with this recipe. Just microwave 3 chicken breaks for 9 minutes (or 12 min for 4 chicken breasts), and then have your guests shred them. Use tools to make barbeque sauces.

I get great reviews from this and it is sooo easy and inexpensive!

Andrea

DebinIA said:
Nevermind...it was in the Spring/Summer SBRC.

The Pampered Chef ®
Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Recipe

1 poblano pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
Snipped fresh cilantro (optional)

Remove stem and seeds from poblano pepper using Utility Knife; slice into thin strips. Arrange poblano strips evenly over bottom of Deep Dish Baker. Thinly slice chicken using Utility Knife. Combine chicken, seasoning mix and salt in Classic Batter Bowl. Arrange chicken over poblano strips. Cover baker with 15-in. square of Parchment Paper, tucking corners of paper under baker. Microwave on HIGH 4 minutes; stir using Mix ‘N Scraper® to separate chicken strips. Cover; microwave an additional 4-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Can I ask, why? Can't you just put the lid on? Why the parchment paper?

ChefPaulaB said:
Can I ask, why? Can't you just put the lid on? Why the parchment paper?

I think when doing the recipe in the Dish Dish Baker - there isn't a lid. So the Parchment Paper acts as a lid.

I did it in the DCB tonight for supper WITH the lid and it was great. I took the lid off for the last few minutes to melt the cheese.

c00p said:

My hosts love this show. The recipe is de-lish. My husband wants me to stop doing this show so I will make the casserole at home!

When I do the CTC in the DCB (follow me yet??) I do use chicken breasts and an onion, BUT I don't rinse the black beans and I don't add the chips and cheese until the very, very end because I don't like my chips all mushy. I slightly stir in my chips and just put the cheese over the top and then nuke it for 2 minutes and done. It's a great sell because you can literally have dinner on the table in 13-15 minutes!!!

DebbieJ said:
13x13x7 inches

sorry being really thick. Are these the measurements for the baker, or the size of the microwave needed to accommodate it?

janej76 said:
sorry being really thick. Are these the measurements for the baker, or the size of the microwave needed to accommodate it?

Microwave dimensions.

Thank you!

How about a quick molten lava oreo cake.

Take a chocolate cake mix and put it in the baker and add the ingredients per the box instructions for the cake. use a whisk to whick it together. Take a can of Vanilla frosting and scoop it on the top of the cake. Place it in the microwave for 12 minutes.

Makes an awesome oreo cookie cake.

You guys sure are making me hungry!!!

Re: DCB Show--Lots of great recipesFollowing is the recipes solely for the DCB on my personal website! I sell a ton of the DCB's! I haven't done it at a show, but the Easy Peach Cobbler is something easy that I do at home....which could be done at shows. This is definitely my favorite product along with the Mix 'N Chop! My husband loves it as much! When someone says "Now that I have this, what all can I cook in it?" That is when I have the opportunity to send them to my PWS to view these recipes as well as micro-cooker recipes and ideas and some delicious trifle recipes and more.

Super Bowl Short Ribs
4 lbs. boneless beef short ribs
16 oz. tomato sauce
1-cup dark brown sugar
½ cup soy sauce
2-3 med red onions coarsely chopped
3 Tbs. cinnamon

Remove all visible fat and slice into 2 inch strips about ½-¾ inch thick. Place in baker and add other ingredients, which have been mixed together thoroughly. Cover with the lid and bake at 325° for 2 hours, stir occasionally.
Note: The meat and vegetables are constantly basted and held in their own juices. Everything cooked in this "clay baker" will be flavorful and tender and will have plenty of broth for gravy if you like.

20 Minute Barbecue Ribs
1 rack baby back ribs
¼ cup water salt & pepper

Remove membrane from ribs and cut between each bone. Salt & pepper; place in baker with water. Microwave 8 minutes, turn ribs and microwave 7-10 minutes more. Toss with Smoky Barbecue Sauce. Grill for 5 minutes, basting with additional sauce.

Smoky Barbecue Sauce
1 cup catsup 2 Tbsp. Smoky Barbecue Rub
¼ cup brown sugar 2 tsp. cider or white vinegar
Combine and bring to boil, stir occasionally.

Pork Chops and Rice
Empty contents of purchased rice/pilaf mix (Uncle Ben's) into baker. Add water according to package directions. Place pork chops on top of rice and sprinkle seasoning mix on meat. Cover and bake for 1-2 hours at 350°.

Vegetable Pot Roast
Place the roast in the baker. Add potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, salt and pepper. It isn't necessary to add water. Place lid on top. Put into 325°F oven for 2-3 hours, depending on how large the roast is. Remove roast and vegetables from bowl. Use broth to make gravy to pour over veggies and roast.

Bachelors Roast
Place roast in the baker and pour 1 can of coke and 2 cups of catsup over it. Put the lid on top. Cook for about 30 minutes per lb. Optional: Add onions and pressed garlic. If there are any leftovers, just shred and mix with the
sauce and you have BBQ for a couple of meals.

Burgundy Pot Roast
Place the roast in the baker. Add 1-cup burgundy wine, 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce and 1 pkg. dry vegetable soup mix. Cover with lid and bake 3-3 ½ hours. Serve hot over egg noodles.

Smoked Sausage with Vegetables
Cut Smoked Sausage into chunks and place in baker. Add 1 cup water, quartered potatoes, carrots, quartered cabbage, and (any vegetables you like). Top with lid. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are done.

French Beef Dip
3- 6 lbs. Boneless beef (any cut)
3 cans beef broth
1 pkg. onion soup mix
2 cans or bottles of beer
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp. Dried or minced, fresh garlic

Put all ingredients in baker and cook covered at 200° ? 250° at least 6 hours, until meat shreds and is very tender.

Baked Ham
Place the butt portion of a ham in the baker. Top with lid. Place in 350° oven for 2 ½ - 3 hours. You may glaze ham in last 30 minutes of cooking with pineapple and brown sugar glaze.

Roasted Turkey Breast
Place turkey breast in baker; place 6-8 small red skinned potatoes, halved, around turkey. Add ½ cup white wine and 2 cloves pressed garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid. Bake at 350°F for 1-½ hours. Uncover for last
15-20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.

Chicken Pot Pie
Simmer a couple of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, let cool and cube. Microwave cubed potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, green beans or peas. Combine with cornstarch-thickened chicken broth (from the simmered chicken), and pour into pie crust lined baker (you can use Pillsbury ready made) then top with the other crust, crimp, brush with milk, sprinkle with herbs, sesame seeds, or a little Parmesan, and bake at 350° about 40 min.

Italian Roast Chicken
1 whole chicken 1 large fresh tomato
15 oz. can tomato sauce 1/2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp dried basil 1 tsp. dried thyme
6 garlic cloves, crushed
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Rub interior with one crushed garlic clove. Place chicken on its back in baker. Slice tomato in half horizontally and remove seeds. Chop tomato and arrange around chicken. Sprinkle with Citrus & Basil Rub, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour tomato sauce over. Cover, cook at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove lid and continue to cook for 15 minutes.

Chicken Breasts for 3 in 8 (MINUTES)
Season 3 chicken breasts with salt and pepper and Rosemary Herb Seasoning. Place in Deep Covered Baker and microwave for 8 minutes. Prepare ahead tip: Season chicken in the morning and place in zip bag in the fridge. When you get home pop it in the baker and dinner's ready in 8.

Cranberry Chicken
Mix one can of whole berry cranberries w/ can of cream of mushroom soup and one packet of onion soup mix. Pour over top of chicken in baker. Cover with lid, place in oven; bake for 1-½ hours at 425.

Chicken and Vegetables
Place chicken (skin on or off) in baker. Place chopped onion, celery and carrots around chicken. Sprinkle with ½ package of Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix. Place lid on top. Bake at 350° - 1 hr.

Hawaiian Chicken
Place whole chicken in baker, pat dry. Using pastry brush, brush on a thick coat of Apricot Jam. Pour a can of pineapples over chicken with some maraschino cherries. Cover with lid and bake for 1-½ hours at 375°. Use juices from chicken as gravy. Serve with white rice and a green vegetable.

Honey Mustard Chicken
Place roasting chicken in the baker and pour fat free honey mustard dressing over the top. Cover with lid. Roast for 1-½ hours at 425°F.

Re: DCB Show Lots more contiuedNo Peek Chicken
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 pkg. long grain and wild rice (w/seasoning pkt)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can water
Combine rice, seasoning from box, both cans of soup and 1 can water in baker. Place chicken on top and cover with lid. Bake at 350° for about 2 hours. Makes a wonderful tender chicken dish with great rice and gravy. (Try it with pork chops too!)

Italian Potatoes
Place peeled and sliced potatoes in baker. Melt ½ stick butter; add 1 Tbsp. Good Season's Italian Salad Dressing Mix. Pour over potatoes. Cover with lid and bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until done. While potatoes are baking, fry 2-3 strips of bacon until crisp. Chop bacon. Remove potatoes from oven when done and sprinkle bacon over top along with a cup (more or less) of shredded
cheddar cheese. Replace top and set aside to allow cheese to melt. Serve and enjoy!

Baked Potato Curls
Peel and slice 4 potatoes and place them in baker. Chop 1 bunch green onions (tops only) and place in medium bowl. Fry 4-5 strips of bacon and chop into fine bits, add to green onions. Press 2 garlic cloves into bowl and mix with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, ½ cup sour cream, and ½ stick of melted butter. Mix together and pour over potatoes. Cover with lid and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.

Garlic Cheese Potatoes
Place peeled and sliced potatoes in baker. Melt ½-stick butter with 2-3 cloves pressed garlic. Pour over potatoes. Sprinkle 2 chopped scallions and ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese. Cover with lid and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Remove lid to brown.

Salsa "Fried" Potatoes
In a medium bowl mix together 1-cup salsa, 1 small can of black olives and 2 cloves pressed garlic. Chop ¼ cup fresh cilantro; add to salsa mixture. Slice 4-5 potatoes and mix with the salsa mixture. Place the potatoes in baker and cover with lid. Bake for about 30 minutes. Remove the lid and grate the cheese over the potatoes. Bake about another 10 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender and cheese is melted.

Easy Peach Cobbler
1-cup flour ½ cup butter or margarine
1-cup sugar 1 tsp. baking powder
½ cup milk 29 oz. can sliced peaches w/juice

Preheat oven to 375°. Place butter in bottom of baker. Place in oven just long enough to melt the butter. Remove from oven when melted. Sift flour, sugar and baking powder into Classic Batter Bowl. Then add milk. Mix well with whisk to make a batter. Pour the batter over the melted butter. Heat the fruit and juice. Pour the warm fruit and juice over the batter. DO NOT STIR. Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes. The butter will creep through the fruit and make a crust on top. Note: Any desired fruit or berry will work.

Quick Apple Crisp
5 Granny Smith apples
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half. Place apples in Deep Dish Baker. Combine cake mix, sugar, cinnamon, butter and nuts in bowl. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.

Microwave Quick Turkey Chili
This quick and easy turkey chili is packed with flavor and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
1 cup chopped onion
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
1 cup diced green bell pepper
1 pound 99% lean ground turkey
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
3 garlic cloves, pressed
¾ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Southwestern Seasoning Mix
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (16 ounces) chili beans in sauce, undrained
½ cup hot water
1. Using Food Chopper, chop onion and jalapeño pepper. Dice bell pepper using Santoku Knife. Place vegetables in
Deep Covered Baker; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until tender.
2. Add turkey, oil, garlic and salt; mix well. Microwave, uncovered, an additional 5-6 minutes, stirring halfway through
and breaking turkey mixture into crumbles.
3. Add seasoning mix and flour; mix well to coat. Stir in tomatoes, beans and water. Microwave, uncovered, an
additional 12-14 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring once halfway through cooking.

Smothered Chicken with Garlic

3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh rosemary or 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried rosemary, divided
1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
1 whole chicken (about 4 lb/1.8 kg)
1 lemon, cut into quarters
1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
2 heads garlic, peeled (about 40 cloves)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly spray Deep Covered Baker with oil. Combine half of the rosemary with paprika, salt and black pepper in small bowl; set aside. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Trim excess fat, if necessary. Place lemon quarters and remaining rosemary inside cavity of chicken. Tie ends of legs together with cotton string. Lift wing tips up toward neck, then tuck under back of chicken. Place chicken breast side up into baker.
Brush outside of chicken with oil; coat completely with seasoning mixture. Arrange garlic around chicken. Bake, covered, 60 minutes. Carefully remove lid and continue roasting 25-35 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 180°F (82°C) in thickest part of thigh and juices run clear. Remove chicken from baker; let stand 10 minutes before carving. Remove garlic from drippings; serve with chicken.

Thank you Angela for the great recipes, I dont know why I hadn't thought of putting them on my PWS before what a great idea. I normally email them out to my customers but it would be a great opportunity to draw people to my PWS!

I just love this to demo, and I have had great responses.Magnificent Meatloaf (ready in 20 minutes)
Loaf:
2 lbs ground beef
1 egg
¼ cup minced onion
1 clove garlic, pressed
2½ tsp salt
1 cup oatmeal, finely chopped
¼ cup ketchup
1 tsp mustardGlaze:
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup ketchup
1½ tsp mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire SauceMix loaf ingredients together. Press into the bottom of the Deep Covered Baker. Make a slight indentation into the center so that the glaze will not pour off the edges. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes without the glaze. Meanwhile stir all of the glaze ingredients together. Drain excess liquid from the baker, cover loaf with glaze, and microwave UNCOVERED for an additional 10 minutes.

armywyf said:
Thank you Angela for the great recipes, I dont know why I hadn't thought of putting them on my PWS before what a great idea. I normally email them out to my customers but it would be a great opportunity to draw people to my PWS!

Don't mention it!:rolleyes: I actually got this idea from a sister consultant in Arizona. We were putting our heads together trying to come up with some great ideas and she come up with this one somewhere. So as I am demo-ing it I will just mention for them to bookmark my website for awesome recipes that change from time to time! Visit my website for more ideas.

This sounds great Andrea. Yum!

I'm hoping someone will post the fajita idea that was a joint effort by other consultants! I'm a by-the-book cook! (I don't know what to do when it says 'season to taste' before it is cooked because I don't know what it will taste like!) This is what initially drew me to Pampered Chef. I couldn't cook, but I could read and follow directions. Being told what tool to use allowed me to fix delicious recipes.

aPamperedBride said:
I'm hoping someone will post the fajita idea that was a joint effort by other consultants! I'm a by-the-book cook! (I don't know what to do when it says 'season to taste' before it is cooked because I don't know what it will taste like!) This is what initially drew me to Pampered Chef. I couldn't cook, but I could read and follow directions. Being told what tool to use allowed me to fix delicious recipes.

Go to the files then type in "fajita" and you'll find the "easy fajitas in the deep covered baker". I did and I have downloaded it to try this week. It sounds yummy!

tlag1986 said:
I just love this to demo, and I have had great responses.

Magnificent Meatloaf (ready in 20 minutes)
Loaf:
2 lbs ground beef
1 egg
¼ cup minced onion
1 clove garlic, pressed
2½ tsp salt
1 cup oatmeal, finely chopped
¼ cup ketchup
1 tsp mustard

Glaze:
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup ketchup
1½ tsp mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce

Mix loaf ingredients together. Press into the bottom of the Deep Covered Baker. Make a slight indentation into the center so that the glaze will not pour off the edges. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes without the glaze.

Meanwhile stir all of the glaze ingredients together. Drain excess liquid from the baker, cover loaf with glaze, and microwave UNCOVERED for an additional 10 minutes.

Thanks for sharing! We did this for dinner on Sunday night and enjoyed it, so I plan to offer it for shows. I'm guessing you use the Food Chopper to finely chop the oatmeal? I had some steel-cut oats on hand that I used instead of oatmeal and it worked really well.

For the fajita recipe it says to use a lime and also the southwest seasoning (I think) anyways I just use the chipotle rub for the meat cut up bell pepper and onion and let it cook 15 min. I didn't see that one posted so just to let you know.
And on a side note, I made the meat loaf and OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! It was SOOOOO YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saving place for later....thanks!

cooknmama said:
For the fajita recipe it says to use a lime and also the southwest seasoning (I think) anyways I just use the chipotle rub for the meat cut up bell pepper and onion and let it cook 15 min. I didn't see that one posted so just to let you know.
And on a side note, I made the meat loaf and OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! It was SOOOOO YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been using the chipotle rub lately too - VERY GOOD!!!

pamperedlinda said:
I've been using the chipotle rub lately too - VERY GOOD!!!

Oh man, I love that chipotle rub - I need an industrial size bottle of it!

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh man, I love that chipotle rub - I need an industrial size bottle of it!

me too! I use it in place of the Jamaican Jerk for nachos too! If it is a large show, I'll make both. Of course we make the chicken in the DCB first! I shred the chicken with the mix 'n chop so that everyone gets chicken on their nachos. People love that!

Does the mix n chop really shred the cooked chicken? I never thought of that - but it would be a great use for it...

I measured the inside of my microwave and the inside is 11.5"x11.5"x8" Is that big enough for this piece?

vonfirmath said:
I measured the inside of my microwave and the inside is 11.5"x11.5"x8" Is that big enough for this piece?

Sorry, but it's not! Your microwave needs to be 13"x13"x7.5".:cry:

Guess its time to buy a new microwave LOL!

I had a hostess last week who's microwave wasn't big enough to use the DCB and she went out and bought one.. That was pretty funny..

The last time I bought one, I made sure it was big. I didn't have the DCB then, but I still wanted a big one.

I'm taking the oreo lava cake to my cluster meeting this weekend. I hope it turns out. This will be my first time preparing food for PC ladies.

Man, I'm SO tempted... But I thought we had a large microwave already!

So: Do I buy the DCB expecting to one day have a large enough microwave for it? Or wait until I have the microwave to fit it in?

<h2>1. What is a DCB and how does it work?</h2><p>A DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a stoneware cooking vessel that allows you to cook foods in the microwave or oven with minimal added fats or oils. The stoneware material evenly distributes heat, resulting in delicious and evenly cooked meals.</p><h2>2. What types of recipes can be made in a DCB?</h2><p>A DCB can be used to make a variety of dishes such as casseroles, meats, vegetables, desserts, and even bread. The possibilities are endless!</p><h2>3. Can I use the DCB in both the microwave and oven?</h2><p>Yes, the DCB is safe to use in both the microwave and oven. However, it is important to note that the lid should not be used in the oven, as it is not oven-safe.</p><h2>4. How can I incorporate the DCB into a Pampered Chef show?</h2><p>There are many ways to showcase the DCB at a Pampered Chef show. You can demonstrate how to make a recipe using the DCB, offer tips and tricks for using it, or even have a cooking competition with guests using the DCB.</p><h2>5. Can you share a quick and easy recipe that can be made in the DCB during a Pampered Chef show?</h2><p>One delicious and simple recipe that can be made in the DCB is our One-Pot Chicken and Vegetable Bake. Simply place chicken breasts in the DCB and top with your favorite vegetables, such as carrots, potatoes, and green beans. Sprinkle with your preferred seasonings and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. The result is a flavorful and healthy meal that can be easily made during a Pampered Chef show.</p>

1. What is a DCB and how does it work?

A DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a stoneware cooking vessel that allows you to cook foods in the microwave or oven with minimal added fats or oils. The stoneware material evenly distributes heat, resulting in delicious and evenly cooked meals.

2. What types of recipes can be made in a DCB?

A DCB can be used to make a variety of dishes such as casseroles, meats, vegetables, desserts, and even bread. The possibilities are endless!

3. Can I use the DCB in both the microwave and oven?

Yes, the DCB is safe to use in both the microwave and oven. However, it is important to note that the lid should not be used in the oven, as it is not oven-safe.

4. How can I incorporate the DCB into a Pampered Chef show?

There are many ways to showcase the DCB at a Pampered Chef show. You can demonstrate how to make a recipe using the DCB, offer tips and tricks for using it, or even have a cooking competition with guests using the DCB.

5. Can you share a quick and easy recipe that can be made in the DCB during a Pampered Chef show?

One delicious and simple recipe that can be made in the DCB is our One-Pot Chicken and Vegetable Bake. Simply place chicken breasts in the DCB and top with your favorite vegetables, such as carrots, potatoes, and green beans. Sprinkle with your preferred seasonings and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. The result is a flavorful and healthy meal that can be easily made during a Pampered Chef show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • pamperedmomto3
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mjbroncobabe
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies