• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ugh! They're Dropping Like Flies!!!!

I will call them the week before the show to remind them.In summary, many consultants are experiencing a high number of cancellations and reschedules for January shows, with some hosts being completely unreachable. However, the hope is to try to reschedule these shows for a later date or convert them into catalog shows. Despite the challenges, consultants are still working hard to book more shows and recruit new team members.
Bren706
Gold Member
I received yet another e-mail from a January host, cancelling her show. :eek: :eek: This is about the 3rd or 4th cancellation for January out of 9 shows. And there is still 1 MIA host. I called the other day and the phone has been temporarily disconnected!!!!! Anyone else having a tough time with cancellations in January?? Have any words of encouragement. I know that I have to get on the phone, and I have been averaging 2 contacts per day. :cry: :cry: :cry:

both my shows that were scheduled for this weekend cancelled. Well, one cancellation and one reschedule. It's just the time of year. If possible, see if they're willing to do a catalog show so their friends can get the stoneware special, and reschedule a live show.

I only have one show for this month, and one individual order. I am having a hard time getting people to book a show. They all want to wait until Feb! I have 3 booked for Feb so far!

I'm in the same boat....started out with 7 shows for Jan. and I'm now down to 3. I should have listened to everyone who told me to overbook! I definitely will do that for next January.

Tis the season...I had 7 originally:
One has gone into the witness protection program (her husband and daughter have answered the phone when she is gones, but other than that, she will not return a phone call!)

Another is in a new foot cast and may need surgery...reschedule.

I have received 2 guest lists with about 14 names on them:thumbdown:

Two I can not get ahold of and the last will be sending me a guest list.

So 3 confirmed and 2 hopeful. I am going to guess that one will hold and the other will cancel...again.

If so, my 8 years of Januarys are right on target....only HALF will actually hold their parties. I have 7 scheduled for February, but I am in hopes of scheduling at least 4 more.

Words of encouragement? You are perfectly normal. Look forward and get February booked!

I feel your pain! I am trying to get mine to at least to cattys but I think everyone is still recuperating from the holiday spending!:cry:

I know what you mean. I lost my calendar then I had someone call and cancel. If that wasn't enough I was let go from day time job and have been sick for a week now. But 2 friends call to check on me and when we were thru talking one had a question on the Heart shape SA piece and the other told me she was putting the order together and wanted to know when I was turning in my next order. Told her that I was turning in one Tues. 1/8. She gave me the order tonight it was for $164 before s/h. I almost past out. If that wasn't enough stop to get a drink and saw on of my customers she was asking about the biz. told her about the Stoneware sale she told me about how she had bought a baker for herself at Christmas. I said yes of course and she told me she end up giving the item to a friend and the other people there wanted to know where she got it. SO I told her that she could order another one for 20% off this time and she wanted to know if I could order her3 of them bakers that were $30 each. I am picking up her order Sunday on my way out of town.

I haven't been able to do the 3-2-1 since my voice cracks everytime I get on the phone. But I have been following up with my recruit leads. So if you can find time get on the PHONE and call people. Just start collecting some order here and there.

More update later.

Bren706,

I feel you!

Oh talk about hard to handle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 cancelations! 1 rescheduled for spring. The other 2 gave me the I'll call you line.

So only 5 shows. Really wanted double that. If I didn't have the 3 cancels I'd be up to 8. Oh man!!!!!!

Now I'll have to get bookings off my shows.......... I need 10 shows so that I can concentrate more on recruiting.

Anyone else want to talk about cancellations?

I know what you guys mean. I only have my host appreciation show & 3 other cooking shows. This is the first Jan in 4 years that I've had a tough time.

heatherkiss said:
Anyone else want to talk about cancellations?

Well, so far, I've only had one.....but the month is still young.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, I am working really hard to make sure they hold. I've sent out invites to 3 so far, 6 more to go!

Well, I was hoping to escape the dreaded cancellation - but just got my first. I guess better now for the host to tell me that she didn't want it and that she wasn't getting any interest from her friends and family. She didn't even want to order anything for herself! Oh well...

I wasted a host packet and all the host coaching letters on her - but at least I hadn't printed up invites or anything. Hopefully the two catalog shows I have will make up for the live one.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather cooperates with the rest of my month - I only have four live shows. I hope that I can pull out $3K in sales - I would love to get the 1500 bonus points!!

Bren706 said:
I received yet another e-mail from a January host, cancelling her show. :eek: :eek: This is about the 3rd or 4th cancellation for January out of 9 shows. And there is still 1 MIA host. I called the other day and the phone has been temporarily disconnected!!!!! Anyone else having a tough time with cancellations in January?? Have any words of encouragement. I know that I have to get on the phone, and I have been averaging 2 contacts per day. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I had 8 booked for January as well...:( Now I have 1...:( :( Well, I did at least reschedule 2 of them, but still!!! I feel your pain!

I had five, one being my Open House this past weekend. Two have already rescheduled for February, after hearing through some grapevine about the specials (much to my chagrin)...and to top things off, ONE has gone completely AWOL. I've heard through a friend that there are some severe family crises occurring for her right now, and she's not contacting ANYONE because things are just really bad...I just wish she could drop me a line and at least tell me cancel the party so I can offer that date to someone else. I guess I'll play dumb, leave one more message and tell her that if I don't hear from her by Friday I'm going to assume she would rather cancel or reschedule for a later date. Her date was for the 26th, and I might have a lead for someone who can take that in her place...
Words of wisdom? Glass is half full, not half empty...at least we still have SOME shows on the calendar. And February, with its awesome special for hosts, will rock everyone's calendar. :)

I don't have any scheduled for this year, so far. I left messages for and e-mailed 9 people yesterday that had expressed interest in doing shows. Unfortunatly I have only heard back from one, and she said she no longer wants to do a show. I want double points!! I need some shows.

My early Jan shows have both had to cancel/reschedule, and I gave 2 bookings away to a new recruit, but after getting back on the phone I have six shows holding and one catalog show... and I am all over them with my host coaching to make sure they keep their dates during double points!!!

I KWYM! I had 6 last January and all but 1 cancelled. Well it's dejavu! I only have 1 cooking show now (and not till the 27th!)

I have (had) 2 catalog shows booked. One is TRYING to collect orders and the other one has given me a number that is DISCONNECTED! ARHGHGHGH!

I have had 3 reschedule but 2 that reschedled did it the first part of Feb so hoefully we can get them closed before the 14th. I am hoping my Sat show does not cancel we have been getting dumped on. We actually have a snow day today so no school.

I had 5 shows and 2 catalog. One has rescheduled (family emergency). I actually gained one more catalog that called me with the orders, one booking for March. and I'm meeting with a possible recruit on Monday and taking her to my cluster with me.

I had 4 Jan shows scheduled and one has already cancelled. One decided she wanted to do a catalog show instead and as of now, the rest are still on. I recruited someone back in Dec and she seems to be MIA. I've called and e-mailed but get no response. If she would rather I leave her alone I wish she would just tell me so I can concentrate on someone else. I'd love to help her get her business started but if I can't in touch with her, that's hard to do. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that none of my other shows cancel. I had nothing in December except for a booth on Dec 1 and these shows are bookings from that.
We all have to deal with cancellations..........it still bothers me but I have to get over and move on to someone else!

I've had 2 cancel and 1 reschedule. That leaves only 2 live shows and 3 catty's. I was hoping to start the year off with a bang. It's a bang all right...with a dud!

I have 2 dates scheduled in Feb. I want the double points!!!!

My final 2 shows rescheduled for Feb! :cry:

It's a good thing I might qualify with my first show, if not - my second!

Sigh..out of 5 shows in Jan, I now have/had 2. Oh well. Feb's shaping up to be good - already 5...fingers crossed I can get a few more! My goal is to be at 2 - 3 shows a week.

there must be something in the water because I started out with 6 parties on the book, 4 of them either canceled or rescheduled but I managed to add another so in the end I end up with 3 (well, so far!). I'm glad to hear it's not just me, well, not GLAD but at least it makes me feel better knowing it's not something I did wrong!

Another cancellation...........it was a January show. BUT, if I explained the situation with the host everybody would understand. To make it short, their house has been robbed once, their business has been robbed twice, her daughter was diagnosed with diabetes in Dec, the host is sick with bronchitis............it goes on. I really couldn't be upset because the lady is going through a lot. She LOVES Pampered Chef and still wants to do the show but we're waiting till March. Her mother is coming down to visit then and also loves the products so she thought that would be a good time.

Her office is up the street from mine and I've seen the police there recently so I know she's not blowing me off. They had to lay off 7 people from the business and they're pretty sure it's one of them who keeps breaking in. Sad situation.........

Get on the phone if you haven't already! Since my original post, I have added two cooking shows for January, and 4 catty shows for February!

I had contact with a MIA 1/24 host (in person, at WalMart, where she works) yesterday. This was a host where her phone was disconnected. She gave me her new number, but I think it was a hoax, because when I tried callling last night, I got the "check the number, and dial again" message. Oh well, bless and release (even after she told me that we were still on)

Bren706 said:
Get on the phone if you haven't already! Since my original post, I have added two cooking shows for January, and 4 catty shows for February!

I had contact with a MIA 1/24 host (in person, at WalMart, where she works) yesterday. This was a host where her phone was disconnected. She gave me her new number, but I think it was a hoax, because when I tried callling last night, I got the "check the number, and dial again" message. Oh well, bless and release (even after she told me that we were still on)

That's so rude! Why can't these people just suck it up and tell us they don't want to a show and stop wasting our time. Do they think we're going to have a stroke because we lost a show. They can easily be replaced with someone else. I plan to get on the phone today and replace my 1/25 show. I'm not going to let these people get to me anymore!

pamperedcheermom said:
That's so rude! Why can't these people just suck it up and tell us they don't want to a show and stop wasting our time. Do they think we're going to have a stroke because we lost a show. They can easily be replaced with someone else. I plan to get on the phone today and replace my 1/25 show. I'm not going to let these people get to me anymore!

I totally agree with you there. I would rather have them tell me from the get go that they are not interested other than say they would and then they are impossible to get a hold of.

I started with 9 shows, and am down to 6. But the three that cancelled rescheduled for Feb. Rather have a reschedule than a cancel.

Well, back to the phones!!

pamperedval said:
I wasted a host packet and all the host coaching letters on her - but at least I hadn't printed up invites or anything. Hopefully the two catalog shows I have will make up for the live one.

this is one thing that i found in the files section...going to do it this week with a host....... when a person books or is interested in holding a party... only send them the host planning guide and have the host make out their list.. with encouraging them to think of everyone they cane think of... shoot it is a party and you get together to have fun..... and have them email it or copy it and send it to you with names addresses and phone # and email addresses, then once you get it back send them the host pack... this is one way that i thought can determine how interested and determined they are to have a party... and from that you can host train and even send out the inviations for them... tax deductible postage!!!!!!!

also i signed up in december and didn't do my first show until jan 12 ( yesterday) by my own doing... i just thought that january was going to be a hard month anyways but thankfully my mom decided to host a show because i got a booking for april, potential catty party, another potenital party, and some one won a party from the game that i played at my show yesterday.. they are going to get back with me..... also thankfully i have an extention on my 30 day and my 90 day......

ok, so glad i'm normal! worked my newbie tail off to book 7 plus trying to cobble together a catty from some indiv orders. two have to reschedule - one hopefully feb (she mentioned chocolate and v-day) and one "sometime in the spring, when i get my mother settled here". Oy!

I am also having trouble booking at a party, but lots of agreements for follow up calls in several weeks to a couple months. Do you think I'd have more success asking for a booking when I do my thank you calls?

I too feel your pain, I posted earlier that my Hosts are MIA but hopefully something will come of it! I bet everyone will be home while American Idol is on??? What do ya think?

While what is on? When?:D (I'm happy to say that I've only ever seen about 5 minutes of that show, and those weren't continuous.)

My show cancelled for Jan. and my past host is not too happy. She wanted the past hostess special really bad so now I don't know what to do. Everyone else rescheduled for Feb.

ameliasurf said:
this is one thing that i found in the files section...going to do it this week with a host....... when a person books or is interested in holding a party... only send them the host planning guide and have the host make out their list.. with encouraging them to think of everyone they cane think of... shoot it is a party and you get together to have fun..... and have them email it or copy it and send it to you with names addresses and phone # and email addresses, then once you get it back send them the host pack... this is one way that i thought can determine how interested and determined they are to have a party... and from that you can host train and even send out the inviations for them... tax deductible postage!!!!!!!

This is similar to what I have started doing in the new year. (the ones that cancelled, I had already sent the kits in December). I send the host a guest list template and a "50 in 5" to fill out and return to me. Once I have their guest list, I send the invitations at the right time, and I send the host their host kit. I am hoping to reduce cancellations as well as increase my sales.

I like the idea of giving them only the show planer, too. I'm going to start doing Host Coaching Call #1 in person, and asking them to have their guest list for me when we meet, when I'll also give them the rest of the host packet. I'll set up the appointment when I book the show.

1. Why are so many hosts canceling their shows in January?

January can be a tough month for hosting parties because people are often recovering from the busy holiday season and may not be as interested in attending events. Additionally, the cold weather and potential for inclement weather can also deter people from attending parties.

2. Is it normal to have multiple cancellations in a month?

Unfortunately, cancellations can happen in any month, but they may be more common in January due to the reasons mentioned above. It's important to stay positive and continue reaching out to potential hosts.

3. What can I do to encourage hosts to keep their parties?

One strategy is to offer incentives for hosts such as free or discounted products based on the sales from their party. You can also remind them of the benefits of hosting, such as earning free products and having a fun and social event with friends.

4. How can I stay motivated when facing cancellations?

It can be disheartening to face multiple cancellations, but remember that it's not a reflection of your skills or the quality of our products. Keep reaching out to potential hosts and focus on the positive experiences you have had with past parties.

5. What should I do if I can't reach a host who has gone MIA?

If a host has gone MIA and you are unable to contact them, you may need to reach out to their friends or family members who may have a way to get in touch with them. Alternatively, you can also offer to reschedule the party for a later date when the host is able to commit to it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • Chefstover2