• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Got Asked to Do a Bridal Shower in Less Than 2 Weeks

In summary, the author is MIA from PC for a while, due to many family illnesses. She had just decided to reschedule her indefintely on hold/until she was healthy, when she got a call from a friend who is engaged. The friend's sister is planning a Pampered Chef bridal shower in less than 2 weeks, and the author would like to be able to share ideas with the hostess. She has never done a PC bridal shower, and doesn't even know where to begin. She's rusty from not doing a real show in a while, and is worried about how
ChefJoyJ
I've been MIA from PC for a while, this time due to many family illnesses (I had pneumonia, my DD#2 had a double ear infection for over a month, DD#1 had a nasty month long cold, Thanksgiving, then Christmas...then I had brain surgery in January, with restrictions lifted at the end of February). I had just decided life was slowing down enough to reschedule my indefintely on hold/until I was healthy January shows (all my hosts' preferences), when I got a call from a friend of mine who is engaged. Told me his sister was planning a shower for his fiancee and that the fiancee just decided she'd love a Pampered Chef bridal shower. Rock on, right? Well...it's in less than 2 weeks! :eek: :eek:

I've never done a PC bridal shower! I don't even know where to begin! It's been so long since I've done a real show too, I feel super rusty. :( Please help! I've got a phone meeting with the hostess tomorrow at 2pm. I'd love to be able to share ideas with her and really get the ball rolling.

What tips do you have? What do you do to make your bridal showers successful?

What's the best recipe to demo? Should I make a trifle, something else on stoneware, or something else altogether???

Would you mind sharing your invites?

Any ideas on how to do her wishlist since it's so short on time and I don't have time to do cutesy flowers (which I'd love).

I do the wishlist on notecards. One for each item that the bride wants. If she wants 2 of a particular item, then I do 2 notecards. You can get notecards that are for the printer. They come 3 per page. It's easy to type up the info and then print them out. I put the item #, item name, page number, and price. Punch a hole in the corner and then put them on a ring (or string), and pass them among the guests for them to take the cards for what they want to get for the bride.

The last wedding shower I did was a couple of years ago in March when we also had the Bamboo Spoon Set on special for purchasing $60. It is an easy way to get the guests to add to the order so that they can get the special since they can buy for the bride and also themselves.

I also didn't do a major demo at the last wedding shower since the host (the bride's sister) had told me that they would have lots of food. I just took a lime, a cucumber, and a potato, and showed things with them. I also talked about lots of products. That show was over $1000!!!

Good Luck on your show...

Holy cow--brain surgery???? Everything ok?

I do a take off on the bridal board (this is kind of the lazy man's version, LOL). I have all the products the bride wants written on 3 x 5 cards with the prices. I have 3 little tiny baskets that I got at the dollar store for $1 each. 1 basket is labeled $0-$20, 1 is labeled $21-40, and the last is $40+. I divide the cards into the appropriate basket. I ask the host to provide me with a table by the front door, with a tablecloth, flowers, and a picture of the bride and groom. I have a little sign in a frame that I made that says: these are some products that _______ and _______ would like for their kitchen. Please feel free to choose a gift from the appropriate basket. You will present this card to me with your order. Thanks for making this day special! i also have the bridal apron and markers at the table with a small sign that says "please sign the apron for _______".

Then at the demo I tell the guests "thanks for celebrating ___________'s special day with us! You are going to help ________ equip her kitchen two ways. First, you are purchasing a gift from her registry with one of the cards you have chosen. But you can also help _______out even more--if you see a product you would like for your own kitchen, feel free to buy it--she will earn additional free products for ALL orders today!".

Most guests usually buy one or two things for themselves too, it's a non threatening way to do the shower,and a little less work than the bridal board.

HTH

I like that modified bridal board idea! the baskets are a super cute idea and handy for the guests because then they know RIGHT where to go for their price range and it really lets people know what they're getting the Bride because its all written out.

I have no idea what a regular bridal board is, but this idea is simple! Which is perfect for me...anything complicated fries my brain if I'm nervous! And I don't like having too many balls in the air! I'm bound to drop a few (dozen).

Hi there! First of all, I'm so sorry to hear about all the health issues in your family. I hope everyone is feeling better now and that you have fully recovered from your surgery.As for the last-minute bridal shower, don't worry, we've got you covered! The key to a successful PC bridal shower is to keep it simple and fun. Since you only have two weeks to plan, here are some tips to help you get started:1. Reach out to the hostess and ask her to invite as many guests as possible. The more people attend, the more potential sales you'll have.2. As for the demo, I would suggest doing a recipe that's easy to make and showcases some of our popular products. Some ideas could be a layered dip using the Mix 'N Chop, a fruit salad using the Simple Slicer, or even a quick and easy dessert like the Chocolate Lava Cake made in the Rockcrok.3. For the invites, you can keep it simple and just use our standard PC bridal shower invitation template. You can find it on your consultant website under the "Marketing" tab.4. As for the wishlist, you can use our digital wishlist feature to make it easy for the guests to shop for the bride-to-be. Simply send them the link and they can browse and purchase items from her wishlist. You can also suggest that the guests purchase gift cards for the bride to use towards her wishlist items.I hope these tips help and I'm sure you'll do an amazing job at the bridal shower. Don't worry about feeling rusty, just have fun and enjoy sharing our products with the guests. Best of luck to you!

1. How can I plan a bridal shower in less than 2 weeks?

Planning a bridal shower in a short amount of time can seem overwhelming, but it is possible! Start by creating a timeline and making a list of tasks that need to be done. Prioritize the most important tasks and delegate responsibilities to other friends or family members. Keep the guest list small and simple, and opt for a casual, low-key event. Don't be afraid to ask for help and keep things simple to avoid unnecessary stress.

2. What are some quick and easy food options for a last-minute bridal shower?

For a last-minute bridal shower, it's best to keep the food simple and easy to prepare. Consider serving finger foods and appetizers such as mini sandwiches, fruit and cheese platters, and a variety of dips. You could also ask each guest to bring a dish to contribute to the menu. Another option is to have the shower catered, which takes the pressure off of you to prepare food.

3. How can I decorate for a bridal shower in a short amount of time?

Decorating for a last-minute bridal shower can be easy and stress-free. Stick to a simple color scheme and use decorations that are easy to find or make, such as streamers, balloons, and fresh flowers. You can also repurpose items from around your house, such as vases or picture frames, to add a personal touch to the decor.

4. What are some fun activities for a last-minute bridal shower?

If you're short on time, keep the activities for the bridal shower simple and low-key. Consider playing a game of bridal shower bingo, creating a DIY mimosa bar, or having a group craft activity, like painting wine glasses. You could also ask guests to bring a recipe for the bride-to-be to create a personalized recipe book.

5. How can I make the bride feel special at a last-minute bridal shower?

Even with limited time to plan, there are still plenty of ways to make the bride feel special at her bridal shower. Consider asking guests to bring a small gift or memento that reminds them of the bride or their friendship. You could also create a personalized playlist of the bride's favorite songs or have guests write down their favorite memories with the bride to put into a scrapbook. Most importantly, make sure to shower the bride with love and attention throughout the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies