• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosts' Phone Has Been Disconnected!

In summary, the host's phone was disconnected, and she never responded to my emails. I lost the show because of it.
Bren706
Gold Member
So, I go to make a call to a host that has a January show scheduled in about 3 weeks, and her phone has been temporarily disconnected. I had sent her a couple of letters in December, and an e-mail from my PWS (the initial one thanking her for hosting a show, with her password, etc.). I met her at Walmart (she was working the register) and had seen her once over the holidays, and she mentioned she had her invites all filled out.

After I discovered her phone was disconnected, I did send her an e-mail to ask her for a number where I can reach her, and to confirm her show date.

My question is, has this ever happened to any of you? and how do you handle it? Should I send her something in the mail? or just hope she answers my e-mail? and assume the show is cancelled (yet another one) if I get no response?

This has happened to me and I lost the show. I was never able to connect with that host...her emails kicked back as well. My suggestion would be to contact the friend or host who introduced you guys. I met my disconnected phone host at a vendor event so I didn't have that luxury. Good luck, and this maybe a blessing in disguise.

I met this host at Walmart, and not at a show, so I hope to run into her again soon. I was there yesterday, but did not see her.

Bren706 said:
So, I go to make a call to a host that has a January show scheduled in about 3 weeks, and her phone has been temporarily disconnected. I had sent her a couple of letters in December, and an e-mail from my PWS (the initial one thanking her for hosting a show, with her password, etc.). I met her at Walmart (she was working the register) and had seen her once over the holidays, and she mentioned she had her invites all filled out.

After I discovered her phone was disconnected, I did send her an e-mail to ask her for a number where I can reach her, and to confirm her show date.

My question is, has this ever happened to any of you? and how do you handle it? Should I send her something in the mail? or just hope she answers my e-mail? and assume the show is cancelled (yet another one) if I get no response?

This happened to me as well, and the host still had email at work, but wouldn't reply to my emails, and I lost the show as well.

I hope yours turns out better than mine! It's embarrassing to have your phone disconnected, so don't be alarmed if she decides not to call you back out of sheer horror of not being able to, or forgetting to pay a bill.

Make a few more attempts you never know. My cousin would occasionally have to disconnect her phone and get a new # and not put the forwarding # on because she would have guys bugging her that couldn't understand "NO".

I think I lost a show. At this point I don't really want to deal with hosts who don't return phone calls and can't figure out how to get to the mailbox to send an envelope with their guest lists. I don't want to waste my time dealing with people like that. It's bad enough that she doesn't have e-mail, but call me back for goodness sakes. I left her a message and told her I needed her address list by Friday or at the latest Saturday. She didn't get it to me, so I'm done calling her. I'm erasing her show out of my calendar, and I'm not going to call her again unless she calls me. I like my life too much to deal with people like this.

Honestly I think some people can't say No. So instead they book these shows and then basically disappear. It is quite rude and they don't seem to understand we would much rather have a no, then a runaround.

I had a host have a phone disconnected and emails didn't seem to be helping so I actually just showed up at her house one day (she did home daycare!). She had chaos of phone issues AND computer issues and kept meaning to call but life just got in the way. She was so happy I stopped! I think I had even called the cellphone, but her husband had it and then didn't tell her there was a message!!So, you never know. I know that there are a lot of thoughtless people out there. I really try to give people the benefit of the doubt b/c I have had bad days and even months...admit...you've screwed up too. Terrible things happen and you also have to remember that this is OUR job and just something they are doing for fun. It's the rare host that really takes it seriously. So it's our responsibility to call, call, remind and call and remind again. I know I always remember to call someone way too late...I LOVE email!!

What should I do if my host's phone has been disconnected?

If your host's phone has been disconnected, it is important to try and reach them through other means such as email or social media. If you are unable to contact them, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Will my party be cancelled if my host's phone is disconnected?

No, your party will not be automatically cancelled if your host's phone is disconnected. However, we recommend trying to reach them through other means to confirm the party details and ensure a successful event.

Can I still earn host rewards if my host's phone is disconnected?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards if your host's phone is disconnected. As long as the party is still held and meets the necessary requirements, you will receive your host rewards.

What if my host's phone is disconnected and they cannot attend the party?

If your host is unable to attend the party due to their phone being disconnected, we recommend trying to reach them through other means to discuss alternative options. You can also contact our customer service team for assistance.

How can I prevent this issue in the future?

To prevent this issue, we recommend confirming multiple forms of contact with your host before the party. This includes email, phone, and social media. You can also reach out to our customer service team for assistance in reaching your host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views