• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

January Theme Cooking: Ideas and Recipes

In summary, the conversation is about themes for the month of January and a recommendation for a relaxing and fun evening with friends. The suggested themes are soup and slippers, with a potato cheese soup and chocolatey skillet cake as the featured dishes. The recipe for the soup is not available on the website but a similar recipe for a white chicken chili is suggested. Another recipe for quick turkey chili is also shared. The hostess is advised to double the cream cheese and mix it with milk to avoid lumps in the loaded baked potato chowder.
chef2you
Gold Member
What themes do you do in January? Any particular recipes for your themes?

Soup and slippers! Very relaxing, fun evening where we curl up and just talk about girl stuff. Of course, that include our favorite things; eating, shopping, and usually chocolate! A soup in the dcb like the potato cheese soup (can't remember the name), and a chocolatey skillet cake! Have the hostess have all the ingredients ready when you get there (bacon cooked, etc.), throw together the skillet cake and put that in the oven while the soup is cooking in the microwave.

It is older than Baked Potato Chowder (which I LOVE), but I really enjoy the White Chicken Chili too! I like to do it mainly because it uses SO MANY TOOLS...which of course is awesome!

A soup in the dcb like the potato cheese soup (can't remember the name)

Do you mind sharing the recipe for this? I've looked under the "Recipes" tab but haven't located it. I would like to try this version. I'm not crazy about the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder that we have right now.

Microwave White Chicken Chili was in the Fall/Winter 2008 Season's Best®

Here's the Turkey Chili recipe, tho:

Quick Turkey Chili
Ingredients:
1 cup (250 mL) chopped onion
1 cup (250 mL) diced green bell pepper
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
1 lb (500 g) 99% lean ground turkey
2 tbsp (30 mL) canola or olive oil
3 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) taco seasoning mix
2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
1 can (28 oz or 796 mL) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 oz or 398 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz or 398 mL) chili beans in sauce, undrained
1/2 cup (125 mL) hot water

Directions:
1. Place onion, bell pepper and jalapeño pepper in Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Casserole; cook and stir over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until tender.

2. In large bowl, combine turkey, oil, garlic and salt. Add vegetables to turkey mixture; mix well.

3. Spoon mixture into Casserole; cook and stir over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking turkey into large crumbles (do not brown).

4. Add seasoning mix and flour; stir well to coat. Add tomatoes, beans and water; bring to a simmer and cook 4-6 minutes. Remove from heat; serve immediately.

Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 34 g, Protein 26 g, Sodium 1010 mg, Fiber 11 g

© 2010 The Pampered Chef used under license.

winklermom said:
Do you mind sharing the recipe for this? I've looked under the "Recipes" tab but haven't located it. I would like to try this version. I'm not crazy about the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder that we have right now.

I think she's probably talking about the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder.

And even if you're not crazy about it - I would recommend doing it. People LOVE it. It's my most requested demo.

A couple things that jazz it up - I always double the cream cheese, and crush a clove or two of garlic into it when cooking it.

ChefBeckyD said:
I think she's probably talking about the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder.

And even if you're not crazy about it - I would recommend doing it. People LOVE it. It's my most requested demo.

A couple things that jazz it up - I always double the cream cheese, and crush a clove or two of garlic into it when cooking it.

Is it me or is the cream cheese supposed to be lumpy? That's my biggest issue with the dish. I usually leave it out for a while to soften but it's still lumpy when I make the chowder. Any suggestions?

winklermom said:
Is it me or is the cream cheese supposed to be lumpy? That's my biggest issue with the dish. I usually leave it out for a while to soften but it's still lumpy when I make the chowder. Any suggestions?
I soften it in the microwave in my 2 cup easy read measuring cup (before the show), and then pour just a little bit of milk in with it, and stir with the wisk until it's smooth, and then pour in a just a little more milk to make it liquidy, and then incorporate it into the soup.

ChefBeckyD said:
I soften it in the microwave in my 2 cup easy read measuring cup (before the show), and then pour just a little bit of milk in with it, and stir with the wisk until it's smooth, and then pour in a just a little more milk to make it liquidy, and then incorporate it into the soup.

Thanks!! I'll give that a try next time.

ChefBeckyD said:

this is what I do too. Works great.

I have one planned for the first week of January and we are doing Chicken w/ the grill pan! Going to serve it w/ salads....My host and I are thinking everyone will have resolutions for the New Year to lose weight...and we are going to show them how to cook quick and healthy!!!!

I love the idea of soup and slips. Thanks

I may have to do the soup one. Sounds good to me.

In January I am offering three themes: power cooking, comfort foods & gameday.

Last edited:
Gameday shows for sure!

What recipes are you doing for gameday shows?

I have four choices for the gameday shows: Jalapeno Popper Pizzas, touchdown Taco Dip, Classic Mini Cheeseburgers or Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip.

I give a choice of Jalapeno Popper Pizzas or Touchdown taco dip. If they get RSVPs of 15+, I'll to both or throw in the mini cheeseburgers. (-:

deanna_g said:
I give a choice of Jalapeno Popper Pizzas or Touchdown taco dip. If they get RSVPs of 15+, I'll to both or throw in the mini cheeseburgers. (-:

I love this idea!! An extra recipe for more RSVP's thanks for sharing!!!!:chef:

brittyboo07 said:
I have four choices for the gameday shows: Jalapeno Popper Pizzas, touchdown Taco Dip, Classic Mini Cheeseburgers or Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip.

where can I find the recipes for these items??

1. What is the January theme for Pampered Chef cooking?

The January theme for Pampered Chef cooking is "New Year, New You". This theme focuses on healthy and nutritious recipes to start the year off on a good note.

2. Can you provide some recipe ideas for the January theme?

Some recipe ideas for the January theme include: quinoa and black bean salad, chicken and vegetable stir fry, roasted winter vegetable soup, and baked salmon with lemon and herbs.

3. Are there any special deals or promotions for January theme cooking products?

Yes, there are often special deals and promotions for January theme cooking products. These can be found on our website or by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant.

4. How can I incorporate Pampered Chef tools into my January theme cooking?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of tools that are perfect for healthy and nutritious cooking. For example, our veggie spiralizer can be used to make zucchini noodles for a low-carb pasta alternative, and our grill pan is great for cooking lean proteins like chicken and fish.

5. Can I host a January theme cooking party with Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can definitely host a January theme cooking party with Pampered Chef! Our consultants can help you plan and host a virtual cooking party where you and your friends can learn new recipes and try out our products. Contact your local consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NewtoMom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • janej76