• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are You Making at August Shows to Show off Cookware?

S
sfdavis918
I have 5 shows in August and want to use the cookware to get September bookings. What do you suggest? I was looking at the stir-fry, but I think I want to do something that I put in the oven because most of my shows are not done in the kitchen. It also needs to be something with a bit of a "Wow" to it. I have done the skillet cake before and it just didn't "wow" people enough to book shows. Any suggestions?

How about the garlic bites (the pull-apart bread)? You can have that in the oven while you demo something that uses a lot of other tools, like the Colossal Chopped Salad.

Remember the Molten Chocolate SKillet Brownie? Serve it with vanilla ice cream, and....YUM!!

I did this at a recent show, and actually took the 12-quart stockpot, too, since corn will be coming in soon, just to show them the size of it.

I don't know if having 2 different pieces did it or not, but I got a booking from a lady who decided she needed a Family Skillet!!

Best wishes!
Paula

Here's an oldie that is SOOOOO good! It was in the 2003 Spring/Summer SB.

Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie

18 oz pkg refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks or chips
1/2 cup walnut halves, coarsely chopped
2 bars (1.5-2 oz each) favorite candy bar

Preheat oven to 350. Press cookie dough into bottom of 10" skillet. Top with chocolate chunks and nuts. Cut candy bars into 1/4 inch slices with crinkle cutter (or Santuko knife) and arrange over dough.

Bake 25-30 minutes until edges of cookie are golden (center will be soft). Cool 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with ice cream if desired.

BethCooks4U said:
Here's an oldie that is SOOOOO good! It was in the 2003 Spring/Summer SB.

Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie

18 oz pkg refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks or chips
1/2 cup walnut halves, coarsely chopped
2 bars (1.5-2 oz each) favorite candy bar

Preheat oven to 350. Press cookie dough into bottom of 10" skillet. Top with chocolate chunks and nuts. Cut candy bars into 1/4 inch slices with crinkle cutter (or Santuko knife) and arrange over dough.

Bake 25-30 minutes until edges of cookie are golden (center will be soft). Cool 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with ice cream if desired.

Do you think that would work in the Family size skillet? I don't have the 10 inch! It sounds so yummy!

Christ Follower said:
Do you think that would work in the Family size skillet? I don't have the 10 inch! It sounds so yummy!
I would buy a second roll of the cookie dough and use part of it to fill the 12" skillet otherwise the cookie would be too thin I would think. (you could use the rest in a small saute pan for your family - mine always love to get a taste of the desserts.;) )

So right after I posted this my (usually MIA) Director emailed me a recipe. No prompting from me, either!

Mexican Trifle Bowl Salad

Corn bread
1- box jiffy corn bread, mix per box instructions, then add
1 - 4 oz can green chilies undrained
1/8 tsp garlic powder ( or one clove pressed garlic)
Mix together and bake for 20 minutes at 400deg. Cool completely

Salad layers
15 oz pinto beans, drained
15 oz whole kernel corn, drained
1 large tomato - chopped with Chef Knife
1 large green or red pepper - chopped with Santoku Knife
1 medium onion - chopped with Food Chopper
10 slices bacon fried crisp, chopped or 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
2 C shredded cheddar cheese
cilantro - 10 or 12 leaves shredded

Dressing
1 C lite mayo
1 cup light sour cream
1 package dry Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1/4 cup milk, and add milk a drop at a time until it's a thick pourable
consistency
Mix and set aside

Layer ½ of crumbled corn bread on the bottom of the trifle bowl
Add in layers ½ each of pinto beans, corn, tomato, green or red pepper,
onion, bacon or chicken, dressing, cheese and cilantro
Repeat layers

Garlic BitesI do garlic bites at every show. I love them because they are so easy. I have them ready to pop out when I start my show, and then they are eating while I start the show, which makes it kinda hard to look through the folder I give them. Works like a charm.

I did 2 8" skillets of the cinnamon bites for a show last week - except I used Caramel Sprinkles in one, and Cinnamon Sprinkles in the other.......I think I'll be doing those for my August Shows! (did you notice that the sprinkles are on Supply Order?)

I saw that! And based on the price, they're the regular size bottles. Woo-hoo!! I think the cookware "bites" are going to become a regular feature of my shows. :D

I do the Chocolate Chunk Skillet cookie with the Family skillet. Just use 1 and a 1/2 rolls of chocolate chip cookie dough. Bake same amount of time. I have also made the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie. Each show that I make these at I sell the Family skillet. Definetly going to be doing some desserts in the skillet in August. I have 3 shows for September so far. YIPPEE!

chefann said:
I saw that! And based on the price, they're the regular size bottles. Woo-hoo!! I think the cookware "bites" are going to become a regular feature of my shows. :D

I'm thinking the same thing! Did you see some of the new things on supply for door prize gifts? I'm glad we are going to have some new options.....like the can strainer and the spreader.....I like that!

I think the can strainer filled with kisses will make a great host gift!

chefann said:

You are so smart!:D

Where would I find the recipe for these "bites" or is this really just the pull apart bread??

It's really just the pull-apart bread. :)

ChefBeckyD said:
You are so smart!:D
I'm printing this, along with KG's "Ann is right." post. LOL

sfdavis918 said:
I have 5 shows in August and want to use the cookware to get September bookings. What do you suggest? I was looking at the stir-fry, but I think I want to do something that I put in the oven because most of my shows are not done in the kitchen. It also needs to be something with a bit of a "Wow" to it. I have done the skillet cake before and it just didn't "wow" people enough to book shows. Any suggestions?

Here are some other choices for those that don't like chocolate:
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Apple Upside Down Cake
Harvest Apple Skillet Cake

And some main dish options:
Cajun Chili Cornbread Skillet
Fast Family Fajitas
Veracruz Skillet Corn Cake (Served with a salad)

All of these recipes can be found at http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/pampered-chef-recipes/index.htm

Ooh- just remembered the Green Chile Frittata! That's on CC under Products and recipes>Theme show archive. It's delicious.

You could make the new skillet recipe for fall. Do you have a hot plate? They are less than $10 at Walmart & I use them when we're not in the kitchen to use the stovetop.

chefann said:

What a cute idea! Wish I had an extra right now. I have a host for tomorrow who hosted just last month. I always give SB, but she already has it from last month, so I was looking for something a little bigger! Hmmm....maybe I have an extra bottle of a seasoning.

pamperedgirl3 said:
What a cute idea! Wish I had an extra right now. I have a host for tomorrow who hosted just last month. I always give SB, but she already has it from last month, so I was looking for something a little bigger! Hmmm....maybe I have an extra bottle of a seasoning.

The can strainer is on our Supply order form this season. I think you can order them in packs of 4 or 5. It doesn't help you for tomorrow, but in the future!

Lisa,

I think these are the ones they are talking about.

Our director loves to take a snack size bag of mini marshmallows and one of rice krispies and make rice krispie treats in the sauce pan. People WOW over how it doesn't stick to the side and kinda balls up in the middle. I've also done it a couple of times. They really wow at the cleanup. that only takes a few minutes to do at the beginning or end of the demo.

Attachments

• Garlic Butter Bites.txt
    335 bytes · Views: 358

Related to What Are You Making at August Shows to Show off Cookware?

1. What are some impressive dishes I can make using cookware at my August shows?

Some impressive dishes you can make using cookware at your August shows include roasted vegetables, baked pasta dishes, and stuffed bell peppers. These dishes are easy to make in the oven and can be customized with different ingredients to cater to different tastes.

2. How can I use cookware to get September bookings at my August shows?

One way to use cookware to get September bookings is by demonstrating how versatile and convenient the cookware is for everyday cooking. You can also offer special discounts or incentives for guests who book a show in September at your August shows.

3. What do you suggest for a dish that will impress guests and showcase the cookware?

If most of your shows are not done in the kitchen, consider making a dish that can be prepared and cooked in the oven, such as a hearty casserole or a flavorful roast. These dishes are not only impressive, but they also highlight the cookware's ability to evenly distribute heat and cook food to perfection.

4. I have tried making a skillet cake before, but it didn't seem to "wow" people enough to book shows. Any suggestions?

Instead of a skillet cake, try making a decadent dessert like a fruit crisp or a chocolate lava cake in the cookware. These dishes are not only delicious, but they also have a "wow" factor that will impress your guests and make them want to book a show.

5. Can I make stir-fry in the cookware, or do you have any other suggestions?

You can definitely make stir-fry in the cookware, but if you're looking for something different, try making a one-pot meal like a creamy chicken and rice dish or a flavorful shrimp and sausage jambalaya. These dishes are easy to make and will showcase the cookware's versatility and convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
onegr8son
  • naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • heat123