• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Best Skillet Recipes to Impress in August | Cookware Showcase

In summary, Deb is looking for a great Skillet Recipe to show off the cookware in August. She has 8 shows booked, but they are dropping like flies. One is because she just signed her sister, so that's a good thing. The two others (so far) are because the hosts are flakes and don't call her back. Her Friday's host just cancelled on her TODAY! Her Aug 21 host rescheduled for Oct, but she convinced her to still do an Aug catalog show for now. Her August 15th host isn't sounding too confident either. She does have at least one or two people that would like August shows, so hopefully she can squeeze them in to the dates
cheftiffany
I'm looking for a great Skillet Recipe to show off the cookware in August. Any suggestions. I should have it figured out but my mind is blank.
What are you all doing this month?

I'm doing power cooking chicken this month.

That's what I'm offering as well but I only have one show booked and she's a vegetarian so we're definitely NOT doing that show!:)

pampmomof3 said:
That's what I'm offering as well but I only have one show booked and she's a vegetarian so we're definitely NOT doing that show!:)
Get on the phone, girlfriend!I had 8 shows booked, but they are dropping like flies. One is because I just signed her sister, so that's a good thing. but the two others (so far) are because the hosts are flakes and don't call me back. GRRRRR!!!! This Friday's host just cancelled on me TODAY! My Aug 21 host rescheduled for Oct, but I convinced her to still do an Aug catalog show for now. :) My August 15th host isn't sounding too confident either.I do have at least one or two people that would like August shows, so hopefully I can squeeze them in to the dates I'm losing.

I am doing the 30 minute chicken and the tropical torte. My goal is to show alot of product and not have to take too much with me! I also want to keep my demo very hands on but short and sweet, and with no oven. Has anyone done the tropical torte for a show? I would love some suggestions!

DebbieJ said:
Get on the phone, girlfriend!

I had 8 shows booked, but they are dropping like flies. One is because I just signed her sister, so that's a good thing. but the two others (so far) are because the hosts are flakes and don't call me back. GRRRRR!!!! This Friday's host just cancelled on me TODAY! My Aug 21 host rescheduled for Oct, but I convinced her to still do an Aug catalog show for now. :) My August 15th host isn't sounding too confident either.

I do have at least one or two people that would like August shows, so hopefully I can squeeze them in to the dates I'm losing.

Deb,
I am sorry to hear that, it makes it much harder when you are trying to plan around your due date!:grumpy:

pampmomof3 said:

I love doing the beef power cooking shows using Boca veggie crumbles. They come out wonderfully, and once cooked, if you didn't know it wasn't hamburger, someone would have to tell you. You might ask if that is an option.

ardipc said:
I love doing the beef power cooking shows using Boca veggie crumbles. They come out wonderfully, and once cooked, if you didn't know it wasn't hamburger, someone would have to tell you. You might ask if that is an option.

Thanks for that option! I'll talk to her today.

Deb, I know! I've come up with a lot of excuses lately and I'm not sure why! I want to earn Disney by October and I know it can be done. :D I also have a 9 month old and 2 yr old here yesterday and today on top of my 3 kids so it's crazy here!!

I'm sorry Deb that your ladies are dropping like flies. Maybe we can do a booking blitz tomorrow? I think once school goes back on Monday, things in my part of town will get back to normal!

pampmomof3 said:
I'm sorry Deb that your ladies are dropping like flies. Maybe we can do a booking blitz tomorrow? I think once school goes back on Monday, things in my part of town will get back to normal!

I need some phone time too.. if you decide to do this, let me know.. I'd like to join in!!! I need to just sit down and spend some time focusing on my biz!!!!

finley1991 said:
I need some phone time too.. if you decide to do this, let me know.. I'd like to join in!!! I need to just sit down and spend some time focusing on my biz!!!!

no problem!

I would love to be part of the booking blitz too!!! I need bookings desperately!

I totally hear you about the booking blitz. Thanks for responding and telling me what recipe you're doing. I think I may offer the power cooking shows plus the tamale verde skillet (something like that) from the season's best a year or so ago. It shows the DCB and the 12 inch Skillet.

Let's do the booking Blitz tonight and tomorrow night. That way if anyone can't make it one night they have to other to do it too. Or if you schedule is as slow as mine you can do both nights.

cheftiffany said:
I totally hear you about the booking blitz. Thanks for responding and telling me what recipe you're doing. I think I may offer the power cooking shows plus the tamale verde skillet (something like that) from the season's best a year or so ago. It shows the DCB and the 12 inch Skillet.

Let's do the booking Blitz tonight and tomorrow night. That way if anyone can't make it one night they have to other to do it too. Or if you schedule is as slow as mine you can do both nights.

Bummer, I doubt I can make it tonight unless it's kind of late CST. Tomorrow night may work. What time has worked best for people when we've done a DCS booking blitz??

Related to Best Skillet Recipes to Impress in August | Cookware Showcase

What is the best type of skillet to use for these recipes?

The type of skillet you use will depend on the recipe. For recipes that require high heat, a cast iron skillet is recommended. For dishes that require precise temperature control, a stainless steel skillet with an aluminum or copper core is a good option. Non-stick skillets are great for recipes that involve delicate foods, such as eggs or fish.

Can I use these recipes on an induction cooktop?

Yes, these recipes can be used on an induction cooktop. Just make sure to use a skillet that is compatible with induction cooking. This means it should have a magnetic base, such as stainless steel, cast iron, or certain types of non-stick coatings.

Do I need to preheat the skillet before adding ingredients?

Yes, it is important to preheat the skillet before adding any ingredients. This helps to ensure even cooking and prevents food from sticking to the pan. You can preheat the skillet on medium to medium-high heat for a few minutes before adding your ingredients.

Can I use these recipes on an outdoor grill?

Some of these recipes can be adapted for use on an outdoor grill. However, it is important to use a skillet that is suitable for grilling, such as a cast iron skillet. Also, make sure to adjust cooking times and temperatures as needed for the grill.

What is the best way to clean the skillet after cooking?

The best way to clean your skillet will depend on the material it is made of. For cast iron skillets, it is recommended to use hot water and a stiff brush to remove any food particles. For non-stick skillets, avoid using harsh scrubbers or metal utensils, as they can damage the coating. Instead, use a soft sponge or cloth with mild soap and warm water.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Mel5497
  • cmdtrgd