• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative & Hearty Dishes for a December 4th Show

In summary, the host is looking for a hearty meal to serve her guests that she can do without the help of a cookware set. She is also interested in something that guests will enjoy.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
I have a show scheduled for December 4th.
These are my limitations quoted from the Host:
"My oven is out right now, but I plan to get it fixed soon. I don't want to do the chicken bake thing or the chicken crock pot recipe.. I have done those before, so I don't want some of the guests to see the same presentation."
I suggested simple sides or a cookie show and this was her reply:
"I don't mind doing a holiday thing, but can we do something more hearty, with a meal? That way we can either have lunch or a dinner, I just want to feed my guests. I'm not sure what my choices are, but I like to have fun as well and the more fun the better."
WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I GOING TO MAKE?
Any suggestions would be great!:confused:

Chicken picatta pasta?
Easy tortellini toss?

I don't own the cookware from pc...i know you use other tools, but the cookware would be the kicker in those recipes

Tortellini toss is in the dcb, do you have one?

Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco is one of my favorites. You could do the garlic bites in the 8" saute pan that came with your new consultant kit, too_Of course, this would take the DCB, if you have one.

I love the Cornbread Chili Bake (hope that's the right name) in the DCB. It's delicious & perfect this time of year!

I had good success with the orzotto recipe from SBRC, it's a microwave meal. If you want it heartier, add some cooked chicken strips when you stir in the broccoli and sundried tomatoes. I've made a veggie version, too.Everyone loves the garlic bites, but if her oven is out....hopefully it will be back by thenBy the way, the only cookware I have so far is the 8" saute and the grill pan and press. My host last week wanted 2 large pillsbury cans worth of bites, so we made them in the grill pan--came out great and very dramatic!

BlueMoon said:
My host last week wanted 2 large pillsbury cans worth of bites, so we made them in the grill pan--came out great and very dramatic!

I haven't thought about doing them in the grill press. I've got the 12" skillet but I bet they looked nice coming out of the grill press, too!

winklermom said:
I haven't thought about doing them in the grill press. I've got the 12" skillet but I bet they looked nice coming out of the grill press, too!

Someday my kitchen will get it's own 12" skillet......I think my guests liked that is was square, and another use for the pan; but then someone wanted to know if we could make scrambled eggs in it (?? think, people). The other thing is I get two guests to make them while others work on other stuff. I came back to the garlic bites, and they were trying to line them up in neat little rows. I was very strong and didn't laugh at the look on the woman's face when I started throwing in more of them at random:D

BlueMoon said:
Someday my kitchen will get it's own 12" skillet......I think my guests liked that is was square, and another use for the pan; but then someone wanted to know if we could make scrambled eggs in it (?? think, people). The other thing is I get two guests to make them while others work on other stuff. I came back to the garlic bites, and they were trying to line them up in neat little rows. I was very strong and didn't laugh at the look on the woman's face when I started throwing in more of them at random:D

I was able to get the 12" skillet during October when they were doing 60% off host specials. I had been eyeing it for a while and finally was able to get it for a steal!

BTW, I would have so loved to have been a fly on the wall during the aforementioned demo!!! That would have been too funny!!!

If you have the Deep Covered Baker there are several recipes including some of the soups that are available.

Ultimate Chicken Fajitas?

Just talked to her and her oven is now working. She doesn't want to demo the DCB, which is biggling to me. I've demoed the DCB the last 5 shows and they were mainly repeats guests. I did different recipes each time and thats what got them to buy it. I guess I should just give her a few.to choose from and go from there.

Since her oven is working now, what about one of the pizzas, ham & cheese calzones, the mini burgers or cheeseburger salad??

However, you might want to try to try to suggest to her that it may be to her benefit to allow you to demo the dcb. Now that everyone can order one, if she has 10 guests at her show and all 10 order a dcb; break it down into what she will earn in free product, half priced items and discount.

Maybe she is not aware that everyone can buy one now and she doesn't want to demo something her guests can't buy at her show?

sounds to me like she just wants a caterer, not a demo to have sales.

Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares or the Turkey Cranberry Braid/Wreath is a wow recipe.

I love doing the Quick Turkey Chili in the microwave. All you need is the DCB and a few other tools. It's easy, quick, healthy and yummy!

I don't give my hosts the freedom to tell me what they want at their shows. I tell them that I am demoing these two recipes for this month and give the option between the two. If she doesn't like it, that's too bad, unfortunately. I haven't had a host argue with me about it, yet.

deanna_g said:
I don't give my hosts the freedom to tell me what they want at their shows. I tell them that I am demoing these two recipes for this month and give the option between the two. If she doesn't like it, that's too bad, unfortunately. I haven't had a host argue with me about it, yet.

Exactly!! I offer the same three recipes all season this season. That's what they chose from.

How about the Creamy One Pot Pasta? Its a hearty dish when you add chicken. You could prepare the chicken in the DCB ahead of time if you want to demo it. It shows lots of tools. You could serve a side of toasted baguettes w one of the dipping oils and add Greek rub to the recipe. It shows all of the collections, is a fairly quick demo, has fresh veggies in it and people can customize it to their own taste.

how many guests? make 'em work. I have NOT done this, but I am dying to try the mini cheese burgers where you cook a whole bar pan full of ground beef, and use hotdog buns cut up as the buns.Okay, that's my own little dream. I keep having kosher or veggie guests. But seriously, it does sound like she is maybe thinking about a caterer. Can you get them to do some of the work, since she is concerned about the meal?Whatever you decide, clearly we all want to know what you choose and how it goes. Hope your sales rock to compensate for the "what to make" dilemma.

The mini sliders are great Marghi. I agree, the guests should help prepare the meal. I'd recommend a recipe with tools they haven't seen in action.

Sounds like they all know about the wonders of the DCB...what about something to incorporate the mandoline and saute pan?

Look up the California Club Pizza, and let her know she's free to make any sides and other meal items she'd like for her hungry guests. :D

Take the DCB and do a lava cake as an extra to whatever else you decide to do. It is so easy to demo and can be cooking in the micro while you are doing everything else.

RossDeb2 said:
How about the Creamy One Pot Pasta? Its a hearty dish when you add chicken. You could prepare the chicken in the DCB ahead of time if you want to demo it. It shows lots of tools. You could serve a side of toasted baguettes w one of the dipping oils and add Greek rub to the recipe. It shows all of the collections, is a fairly quick demo, has fresh veggies in it and people can customize it to their own taste.

I agree and love doing this recipe

Sounds like she needs to be gently reminded that this is about the products, not the recipes. Just my two cents. :blushing:

Chicken You Way and 10min smashed potatoes in the Rice Cooker. I did this last month, sold a few grill pans, and sold a rice cooker to every guest!

I also did the molten chocolate lava cake in the DCB (it was my neighbors party)

OR why not keep it simple? Do the 3 cheese garden veggie pizza! Every time I do that I sell a bunch of mandolines!!!!

Or how about a Champagne brunch. Have her get ingredients for mimosas, and make pancakes in the large bar pan, and bacon in another. Bring your tools, and let the guests play with them using potatoes/onions/apples? (mandoline, apple wedge, food chopper, knifes).

Okay, I have to ask...Sliders in the bar pan?!And even more, pancakes in the bar pan too?!Please! Share!

lindseystar said:
Okay, I have to ask...

Sliders in the bar pan?!

And even more, pancakes in the bar pan too?!

Please! Share!

Lindsey,

The sliders in the bar pan are a recipe from one of the Theme Shows on CC - "Game Day Cooking Show" Here is the link Classic Mini Cheeseburgers ... I'm not sure about the pancakes, but I would think it is generally the same idea as the burgers, in that you would use your regular pancake mix and make one big square pancake and then cut it into smaller squares??

For the pancakes I preheat my oven to 400. Then I make pancakes (either from scratch or a mix) there needs to be 2 cups of dry ingredients to make enough to fill the large bar pan. I melt butter and brush it on the bar pan, then pour the pancake mix into the pan. I bake for approx 15min, but start checking around 10mins. Also around 10-11mins I brush melted butter on top of the pancakes.

I usually do this 2x a month, and let my kids use the creative cutters or any cookie cutters to cut the pancakes into the shape they want.

Thanks Guys, I am doing the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco and then doing the Molten Lava after. I didn't give her much of an option, the DCB is too hot right now and I'm not going to jeopardize my business to carter to a Host.
My plan is to go in and KNOCK THEIR SOCKS OFF!!!

Chozengirl said:
Thanks Guys, I am doing the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco and then doing the Molten Lava after. I didn't give her much of an option, the DCB is too hot right now and I'm not going to jeopardize my business to carter to a Host.

That sounds like a great plan to me. Yes you are right..this is not about catering for the host..this is about selling the products to help both of you..you with commission her with her host incentives.

Chozengirl said:

I can't wait to hear how it went for you. I love the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco! It is so yummy and so easy, too.

Well, she basically wanted me to make dinner for her 3 (adult) guests and 4 CHILDREN!!!
I WAS NOT HAPPY AT ALL, BUUUUUUTTTT
I went home with almost $200 in sales and 3 bookings! Which one already has orders ready for me to go in. So, I can't complain too much...

Chozengirl said:
Well, she basically wanted me to make dinner for her 3 (adult) guests and 4 CHILDREN!!!
I WAS NOT HAPPY AT ALL, BUUUUUUTTTT
I went home with almost $200 in sales and 3 bookings! Which one already has orders ready for me to go in. So, I can't complain too much...

Wow! Everyone booked! I would consider that a success!

Now lets hope they all invite more than 3 adults!!!

i haven't done it at a show (well bc i'm brand new) but when i got my DCB, the very first night I did a microwave roast chicken and its mighty tasty and I was so excited about microwaving a chicken! my boyfriend was dubious at first and took only a small portion, but wen back for 3rds, it was really good. a whole chicken is fairly inexpensive too. If she's really wanting a 'meal', could have the chicken all ready to go and in the microwave, and demo a side dish or appetizer?

1. What options do I have for a December 4th show with a host who wants a hearty, non-chicken meal?

There are many delicious and creative dishes you can make for a December 4th show with these limitations! Some ideas include a beef stroganoff bake, a holiday ham and cheese quiche, or a hearty vegetarian chili.

2. Can I still do a holiday-themed show without using the oven?

Yes! You can still incorporate holiday flavors and dishes without using the oven. Consider making festive salads, appetizers, or desserts that don't require baking.

3. What are some suggestions for simple sides to pair with a hearty main dish?

Roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, and a green salad are all easy and delicious options to serve alongside a hearty main dish. You can also consider making a seasonal fruit compote or a cranberry sauce as a side dish.

4. Are there any fun and interactive options for a December 4th show?

Absolutely! You can turn your show into a holiday cooking party by making individual mini pot pies, build-your-own tacos, or even a fondue station. These options will not only be fun for your guests, but also allow them to customize their own meals.

5. Any suggestions for a dessert that is both festive and hearty?

One idea is to make a warm apple crisp or cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. You can also consider making a festive trifle with layers of cake, pudding, and seasonal fruits. Another option is to make a decadent chocolate bread pudding with a festive twist, such as adding peppermint extract or crushed candy canes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampchef.angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
PamperedSD