• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Transporting Homemade Pie Crusts for a Kitchen Show

In summary, the expert recommends taking both stones to the show so that the food is displayed well and the customer can see what else they can cook on the stones.
PCSarahjm
I have to make the crust/bases tonight for my show tomorrow night(no oven at the host house). One is a crescent roll crust in the bar pan and the other is a cookie crust on the round stone. I am not wanting to pack both stones for tomorrow any suggestions on how to transport these crusts without breaking them? I am making clubhouse chicken squares and taffy apple pizza for my demos. This will be my 4th kitchen show. So I don't know all the secrets for transporting food yet!!

I am a fan of HEAVY DUTY aluminum foil on the longer tube because it completely covers the round stone & whatever you've baked on it.. Used on the round stone, you can hold the cookie right to the stone.

Do you have room in your vehicle to set them side by side (or on the floor). That's how I'd take them.

I don't have a suggestion for getting them to the show without taking them on/in their stone. Does your Host own the large bar pan? If you have the large cutting board, you could aluminum foil the crust to the cutting board and slip it into her stone when you get to her house.

Aren't you just going to serve them on/in the stones? The only other thing I can think of is to use the large round platter if you have it for the pizza.

the only other thing I could think of was take the crescent roll crust in the bar pan and slide the cookie crust onto the old round chillzanne tray. But didn't know if it was a good idea since the round chillzanne tray is no longer available. So I might take both stones maybe I will sale a few on them!!

I would just take both stones. I sell a lot of large round stones & bar pans when people see them! Be sure to mention what else they can cook on them!

I have a really big, old, beat up cookie sheet that I cover with foil, or I've taped colored paper to it then covered that with the white/clearish parchment paper when I've needed to empty my stone to use for something else.

Take both stones. It will show how versatile stones are and you will hopefully sell more!

1. How should I store my homemade pie crusts while transporting them for a kitchen show?

It is best to store your homemade pie crusts in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap while transporting them for a kitchen show. This will help prevent them from drying out or becoming stale during transit.

2. Can I freeze my homemade pie crusts before transporting them for a kitchen show?

Yes, you can freeze your homemade pie crusts before transporting them for a kitchen show. Be sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container. Thaw them in the refrigerator before using.

3. How far in advance can I make my homemade pie crusts for a kitchen show?

You can make your homemade pie crusts up to 3 days in advance and store them in the refrigerator. Be sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out. Alternatively, you can freeze them and thaw them before the kitchen show.

4. Should I pre-bake my homemade pie crusts before transporting them for a kitchen show?

It is not necessary to pre-bake your homemade pie crusts before transporting them for a kitchen show. However, if you are making a custard or cream pie, it is recommended to pre-bake the crust to prevent it from becoming soggy.

5. How can I prevent my homemade pie crusts from breaking or cracking during transportation?

To prevent your homemade pie crusts from breaking or cracking during transportation, be sure to handle them gently and use a sturdy container or box to transport them. You can also use pie crust shields or aluminum foil to cover the edges to prevent them from getting damaged.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• millerswamp
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • aried
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies