• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mile High Apple Pies From New Sb

In summary, the crust did not come out as we were hoping it would and ended up burning our arm. We also used a different pie crust recipe and it did not work as well as the one that came with the box. The caramel sauce was delicious.
aried
Gold Member
Made this for our meeting tonight. Had to roll out the pie crust more than the 12 in. to get the 12 disks. Used the parchment paper on the cookie sheet and the first batch slid off onto the floor taking it out of the oven and burned my arm. Felt I couldn't use the 12 second rule! LOL. So luckily had the second pie crust to make more. Not all the apple fit in the ridge baker so cooked the extra in another bowl, you will need 30 wedges of apple for the recipe. Taking everything to assemble at the meeting so the apples won't be hot unless I pop them back into the micro.

Will see how it taste at the meeting.

I'm wondering if the pie crusts will do fine on the stoneware cookie sheet. They do sound delicious so I'm looking forward to hearing how they turned out!:chef:

We made these and LOVED them. I forgot to use the parchment and just placed them on a seasoned bar pan and it worked fine. I also wasn't able to get the 12 circles out of 1 crust, but didn't matter b/c it was just for home. Think I'd have the host use both crust that come in the box if I did it at a show.

When we had a recipe that used the pie crust before you have to get your circles very close together and very close to the edge to get 12 out of it.

I made it for my meeting tonight. I don't own the pastry mat, so I rolled the dough directly onto my Large Round Stone with Handles. I also don't own the biscuit cutters, so I used the outside tube from my Measure-All cup. I cut 14 circles. After cutting my circles, I put the sugar on them and did NOT remove the "extra" dough before I popped it into the oven. It was easy to break them apart after I pulled them out of the oven.

I don't yet have the ridged baker. I used my Mini-Baker putting half the apples in at a time. I cooked them for three minutes, drained the juice into my Mini Easy Read measuring cup. I then put the apples into my Small Batter Bowl (to transport them to my meeting).

I used 1½ cups of cool whip instead of the one cup (and 3 Tablespoons of juice), but would recommend 2 cups because I put it into my EAD and I ran out after the 13th one. I didn't stack these as I wanted everyone to get a chance to taste them and I probably wouldn't stack them for a party either, but they were very yummy. I used the PC Caramel Sauce (I had some in my fridge) because I didn't have the Butterscotch Rum sauce.

I did not assemble them until I got to my meeting which only took a few minutes. I only live 10 minutes from my director so my apples were still warm.

This recipe is easy, quick, and CHEAP. I spent about $7 and I still have enough ingredients left to make it a second time. This along with the Chocolate Banana Creme Trifle (which is back in the FW SB) are my go-to recipes for when someone wants a cheap recipe.

1. How do I make the crust for the Mile High Apple Pie?

To make the crust for the Mile High Apple Pie, you will need flour, sugar, salt, butter, and water. Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Slowly add in cold water, mixing until the dough comes together. Roll out the dough and press into a pie dish.

2. Can I use any type of apples for this pie?

Yes, you can use any type of apples for the Mile High Apple Pie. However, we recommend using a combination of tart and sweet apples for the best flavor.

3. How do I prevent the apples from getting too soggy?

To prevent the apples from getting too soggy, you can sprinkle them with a little bit of lemon juice before adding them to the pie crust. You can also mix in a tablespoon of flour or cornstarch with the apples to help absorb any excess moisture.

4. How long should I bake the Mile High Apple Pie?

The Mile High Apple Pie should be baked at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45-55 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.

5. Can I make this pie ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Mile High Apple Pie ahead of time. Simply assemble the pie and refrigerate until ready to bake. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the bake time if the pie is refrigerated before baking. You can also freeze the pie before baking and bake it straight from the freezer, adding about 10-15 minutes to the bake time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • NooraK
  • Products and Tips
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
Tracy99