• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Premade Crescent Crust Question

In summary, if you're planning to make Clubhouse Chicken Squares for your show on Friday, you can prepare the Crescent Roll crust ahead of time on Thursday night and keep it chilled until you're ready to bake. Alternatively, you can also make it at the host's house and let it cool for a few minutes before adding the cream cheese spread. No need to refrigerate the crust unless you have access to a fridge. Best of luck with your show!
kam
Staff member
I have a show on Friday evening after work - so I will need to prepare all of my food either on Thursday night or Friday when I get to the hosts house.

If I make something like the Clubhouse Chicken Squares that calls for a Crescent Roll crust - baked and cooled completely:

1. Can I do this on Thursday night, cover it well and leave it in the car (if it's chilly) or fridge all day Friday. Does it even need to be chilled if sitting that long?

2. If I make it at the host's house, how long does it take to cool before I can put the cream cheese type spread on?

Thanks!

I ALWAYS bake my crusts ahead of time. They don't even need to be chilled (at least not in my opinion, cuz it's bread!). I bake it either the night before or the morning of and just cover it with glad press 'n seal and it's great.

It will take a while to cool, especially on a stone. Make it the day before. As Andrea said, no need to refrigerate. You might want to run something under the crust a few minutes after you take it out of the oven. Sometimes it sticks if I don't.

Thanks! I can cover it really well and just leave it in the car while I am at work!

Hi there! As a pampered chef consultant, I completely understand the need for convenience and preparation when it comes to hosting a show. In regards to your questions about the Clubhouse Chicken Squares, here are some tips that may help:1. Yes, you can definitely prepare the Crescent Roll crust on Thursday night and leave it in the fridge until Friday. It should be fine to transport in your car as long as it's kept at a cool temperature. However, if you have access to a fridge at the host's house, it would be best to keep it chilled until you're ready to assemble and bake.2. If you're making the dish at the host's house, it shouldn't take too long for the crust to cool. You can speed up the process by placing it in the fridge for a few minutes. Once it's cool to the touch, you can proceed with adding the cream cheese spread.I hope these tips help and I wish you all the best for your show on Friday evening! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything I can assist you with. Happy cooking!

What is a premade crescent crust?

A premade crescent crust is a ready-to-use pastry crust made from crescent dough that is already rolled out and shaped into a round or rectangular form. It is typically used as a base for sweet or savory pies or tarts.

Do I need to bake the premade crescent crust before filling it?

Yes, the premade crescent crust needs to be baked before filling it with your desired ingredients. This ensures that the crust is fully cooked and prevents it from becoming soggy.

What temperature and time should I bake the premade crescent crust at?

The recommended temperature for baking a premade crescent crust is 375°F (190°C). The baking time can vary depending on the size and thickness of the crust, but it typically takes around 10-15 minutes. It is important to keep an eye on the crust while it is baking to ensure it does not burn.

Can I freeze the premade crescent crust?

Yes, you can freeze the premade crescent crust for future use. Before freezing, make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn. When ready to use, thaw the crust in the refrigerator before baking.

Are there any alternatives to using a premade crescent crust?

Yes, you can make your own crescent crust from scratch using crescent dough or you can use a traditional pie crust. You can also use pre-made graham cracker crusts for sweet pies or tarts. Alternatively, you can use puff pastry for a flaky and buttery crust.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• millerswamp
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • amandamnorris
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCSarahjm