• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Healthy and Diet-Friendly Menu Options for Friday's Show?

In summary, the conversation revolved around menu selection for Friday's host. The original choice was a Chicken Club Ring, but the host's friends suggested something "not so PC." The speaker suggested three salads as healthier options, but the host wanted more suggestions and expressed concern about having enough food. The speaker was limited in options and mentioned Sizzling Coconut Shrimp Cakes and Baked Pot Stickers as potential recipes. The recipes were found on Consultants Corner and the speaker also suggested reminding the host that the food is just a sample, not a full meal. The speaker also mentioned restyling the Caesar Chicken Salad Pizza into a wrap using wheat.
amy07
My host for Friday had made her menu selection (Chicken Club Ring), but now her friends are encouraging her to do something not so PC - meaning no crescent rolls, pizza crust, etc. I suggested the Jerk Chicken Salad, Strawberry Spinach Salad, or even the Colossal Chopped Salad. She is insisting that she wants something healthy and diet friendly. But even though the three salads would be great she still wants other suggestions, as she is not sure "it will be enough food". Any suggestions? I really only have what came in my kit, and a few extra additions so I'm limited in my products.

Sizzling Coconut Shrimp Cakes
Baked Pot Stickers

dannyzmom said:
Sizzling Coconut Shrimp Cakes
Baked Pot Stickers

those sound great........where can I find the recipes?

This was on Consultants Corner. It was in the 2005 Fall Seasons Best. HTH
Kim

The Pampered Chef ®
Baked Potstickers with Sweet Asian Dipping Sauce
Recipe

Potstickers

1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
1/4 cup grated carrot
1 teaspoon peeled and finely grated fresh gingerroot
1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, pressed
24 square wonton wrappers
Pantry Basil Oil or vegetable oil

Dipping Sauce

1/2 cup red jalapeño jelly
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce

Preheat oven to 425°F. For potstickers, finely chop water chestnuts using Food Chopper. Thinly slice green onions using Chef's Knife. Grate carrot using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Finely grate gingerroot using Microplane® Adjustable Grater. In Stainless (2-qt.) Mixing Bowl, combine water chestnuts, green onions, carrot, gingerroot, chicken, soy sauce, egg white, mayonnaise and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well using Classic Scraper.

To assemble potstickers, place 12 wonton wrappers onto smooth side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Lightly brush edges of each wonton with water using Pastry Brush (see Wonton Shapes). Using Small Scoop, place a mounded scoop of filling onto center of each wonton. Shape and seal wontons as desired. Place potstickers on Large Round Stone; lightly spray with basil oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Repeat with remaining wontons. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges of potstickers are golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.

Meanwhile, for dipping sauce, place jelly in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-40 seconds or until warm; add vinegar and soy sauce. Whisk until well blended using Stainless Mini Whisk. Transfer potstickers to Simple Additions® Rectangle Platter using Chef's Tongs; serve with dipping sauce.

Yield: 24 potstickers

Nutrients per serving: Light (2 potstickers and 1 tablespoon sauce): Calories 140, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat .5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 360 mg, Fiber 1 g

Wonton Shapes
Candy Wrapper: Brush only top edge of wonton with water. Beginning at bottom edge, roll wrapper to form a cylinder shape. Pinch to seal, leaving ends flared.

Envelope: Brush all four edges of wonton. Fold one point over filling and overlap with the opposite point. Repeat with remaining two points.

Pyramid: Brush all four edges of wonton. Fold up two opposite points toward the center and pinch to seal only at top. Fold up remaining two points toward center and pinch all seams to form pyramid shape.

Ruffle: Do not brush wonton with water. Fold edges up in a ruffled pattern, forming against filling and standing straight up. Do not pinch at top.

Cook's Tip: Wonton wrappers are 3-inch square sheets of dough similar to pasta dough. They are used to make a variety of Asian-style dumplings, which are typically boiled, pan fried or deep fried, and can be found in the produce section of most supermarkets.

Shopping List
1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts
4 green onions with tops
1 small carrot
1 1-inch piece fresh gingerroot
1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken
3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 egg
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove
24 square wonton wrappers
Pantry Basil Oil or vegetable oil
1/2 cup red jalapeño jelly
1/4 cup rice vinegar

Cook’s Tip: Wonton wrappers are 3-inch square sheets of dough similar to pasta dough. They are used to make a variety of Asian-style dumplings, which are typically boiled, pan fried or deep fried, and can be found in the produce section of most supermarkets.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd.,

nevermind........found it!

You might want to remind her that the food is just a sample, not a meal. The Jerk Chicken Salad makes quite a bit. Unless she's expecting 30 people, there'll be enough with that.

I'm restyling the Caesar Chicken Salad Pizza to be a wrap... I'm using the wheat flour tortillas, spreading the cream cheese mix on the tortilla, filling with the chicken/lettuce/veggie mix and wrapping! They are great and less messy than the pizza. They can be done with low fat or fat free cream cheese and fat free Caesar dressing. You will have to find another reason to talk about stoneware since you wouldn't be using that for the crust though.

do you have a flat stone?If you do then the Turkey Club Sandwich Ring is FABULOUS! And shows some high price products and it feeds quite a bit and everyone loves it!
If you do have a flat stone, let me know and I'll post the recipe, if you'd like:)

I'd like that recipe, MissChef. :) Thanks!!

MissChef said:
If you do then the Turkey Club Sandwich Ring is FABULOUS! And shows some high price products and it feeds quite a bit and everyone loves it!
If you do have a flat stone, let me know and I'll post the recipe, if you'd like:)

That would be great!

I love the caprese mini sandwiches. It was in the Fall/winter seasons best.

Okay, sorry for the delay!!!!! I had a lot going on today and this is the first time I've had a chance to get back on here!!!
I managed to get all 3 of my shows in before the deadline!!!! Which meant closing 3 shows today and making that chocolate raspberry dream torte that comes with the torte pan set, for my church group meeting, and of course then attending the meeting and making dinner and helping kids with homework and on and on and on!!!!:eek: :rolleyes:

2 pilsbury refrigerated
1/2 lb of bacon
3/4 cup mayo
2-3 green onions
1/2 pound of Turkey
2 roma tomatoes
1/2 a head of green leaf or red leaf lettuce
1/2 pound of cheese (swiss, american, provolone are best) cut in 1/2 diagonally (2 triangles)

2 pilsbury refrigerated french bread loaves, open and place seam side down in a circle on Lg Round Stone. Pinch ends together to seal!
Using silicone basting brush, brush on olive oil, or our new garlic infused on top of bread. press 2 -3 cloves of garlic on top of bread and spread evenly. Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning, cut 6 slits in the bread spaced evenly apart and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350, or until golden brown, Let cool completely, then cut the bread horizontally Bake 1/2 lb of bacon on stoneware bar pan 25-30 minutes in 400 degree oven. Drain on Paper towels. Chop well with food chopper

Mix together 3/4 cup mayo and 1/2 pound of chopped bacon, and 2-3 green onions thin sliced using forged cutlery. Spread on both halves of the bread.
Slice 2 roma tomatoes with Ultimate Mandonline fitted with v-shape blade. Arrange on bottom layer. Top tomatoes with either green leaf or red leaf lettuce. Evenly put about 1/2 pound of Turkey on top of Lettuce and top with cheese (american, swiss, or provolone, work best!)
place top of bread on to sandwich to complete. Cut into about 12 wedges!
The sandwich will hold together better if you pierce each cut portion with a tooth pick!
This recipe will stretch to about 16 servings!!!
It's a great recipe and I usually only need to do one recipe with this and all my bases are covered, except cookware, which I always cover in the very beginning unless it's part of my demo!

This one of my favorites and it shows a lot of high priced products! This is a favorite amongst my hosts too!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS ONE OF MY VERY FAVORITE RECIPES! I've made a ton of recipes in 8 years, but I think this is amongst the best!!!

amy07 said:
But even though the three salads would be great she still wants other suggestions, as she is not sure "it will be enough food".

We are not caterers.

I had to go through this with my host for Saturday. She chose the Spicy Shrimp Ceviche cups. She asked if it would be enough. I told her it made 24, so everyone could probably have 2, but it is designed for everyone to get a TASTE.

Now she has 16 people coming and bought a bunch of other snacks and appetizers. I'm good with that. We're going to serve them all on SA. :D

DebbieJ said:
We are not caterers.

I had to go through this with my host for Saturday. She chose the Spicy Shrimp Ceviche cups. She asked if it would be enough. I told her it made 24, so everyone could probably have 2, but it is designed for everyone to get a TASTE.

Now she has 16 people coming and bought a bunch of other snacks and appetizers. I'm good with that. We're going to serve them all on SA. :D

That's been my problem too, the catering thing. I think I've been really pumping up the "party" and not the "show". But I guess that as I get more experience I'll learn how to host coach better.

On a good note, I just received an email from my hostess this morning, and she has 16 confirmed :p , and still waiting on hearing back from a few more. Of course, I've learned that it is almost always less, but she does already have outside orders, and a slight interest in the business. So, I'm really hopeful that this will be awesome tonight!!:D :D

Sounds like your show will be great!

1. How can I find recipes for Friday's show?

You can find recipes for Friday's show by going to the Pampered Chef website and clicking on the "Recipes" tab. From there, you can search for recipes by ingredients, meal type, or dietary restrictions. You can also browse through our featured recipes for some inspiration.

2. What are some tips for hosting a successful show on Friday?

Some tips for hosting a successful show on Friday include inviting friends and family, promoting the show on social media, and planning a fun theme or activity for the event. It's also important to make sure you have all the necessary products and materials ready before the show starts.

3. Can I customize the products and recipes for Friday's show?

Yes, you can definitely customize the products and recipes for your Friday show. Our consultants are trained to help you find the perfect products and recipes to fit your specific needs and preferences. You can also make substitutions or modifications to recipes based on dietary restrictions or personal preferences.

4. How can I earn rewards for hosting a show on Friday?

As a host, you can earn rewards based on the sales generated from your show. These rewards can include free products, discounts, and exclusive host-only items. Our consultants will work with you to help you maximize your rewards and get the most out of your show.

5. What should I do if I need to reschedule or cancel my Friday show?

If you need to reschedule or cancel your Friday show, please contact your consultant as soon as possible. They will work with you to find a new date that works for both of you. If you need to cancel the show altogether, your consultant can help you with that as well and provide any necessary refunds or adjustments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Trish1953
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies