• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy Recipe and Tips to Give

In summary, the host is looking for recipes that are viewed as healthy, easy to demo, and that promote healthy eating. I sent her some recommendations.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a host for next Saturday who is wondering what we will serve. She and all her friends are currently on diets and so she is nervous about what I'll be demoing. Now I don't know the specifics of what type of diets they all are on, so I am looking for basically good show recipes that are viewed as healthy. Also, I was wanting to talk during the show about healthy ways they can cook with our products. Can you guys help me brainstorm?

I told her about the chicken fajitas and how they can use low carb, whole wheat, no tortilla, or even lettuce as a wrap. We can make the pass-around salsa and serve that with it as a topping.

I also told her about the Smashed Potato Soup, because we can add all sorts of veggies to that. But it's potato based, so I didn't know if that was something they felt was okay.

Any other easy to demo recipes?

Tips? I can think of some for the new selling season, but I'm looking for ideas based on our current catalog.

what about the cheesburger salad with ground turkey instead of beef? and subbing some of the other not-so-healthy items

I'm on weight watchers and cheeseburger salad is only 5 pt per serving. Probably less if you didn't take the rolls for crutons on top.

oh, somone has also posted all the PC recipes with weight watcher points here recently, you might want to do a search.

Seven Layer Southwestern Salad is excellent - and is 4-5 points depending on if you use chicken or not.

Also, the Deluxe Cheeseburger salad

And one of my very favorites - do the 30 Minute Chicken (take the skin off - there are directions for doing it that way) and Strawberry-Spinach Salad to go with it. This is a wonderful, flavorful, healthy, complete meal!

You might be able to talk about the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad - only instead of adding pasta, make and serve in lettuce cups.

I am on weight watchers also and one of our favorites (it feels like we're cheating!) is Jerk Chicken Nachos... as is it is only 4 points per serving, but I use the light or baked tortilla chips and low fat cheese and fat free sour cream and a little less chicken and that makes it even less. I don't know what it is after I skinny it up, we just eat more than the normal serving and call it 4 points. Add a Bud Lite Lime (2 points) and fabulous Friday night dinner! Can't wait until tomorrow!

I sent her some recipe ideas. Thanks for the recommendations. :)Now, as far as the show goes. I want to be able to give them ideas on how to use our tools and such to promote healthier eating. Just by cooking at home, and not take out is a big thing. But do you have any other tips that I could use?For example: Executive cookware's great nonstick feature means you don't really need any extra oil to cook things.DCB so you can cook a whole chicken fast and then serve with salads. Salad spinner...save money by using that instead of bagged stuff.Rubs and such, experiment. Just adding new flavors can help with variety in your meals.Anything else?

i've read where you can take the fluted cake pan and put the chicken standing up in it to roast, and all the fat from the skin will drip off. Like a rotiseree (sp?)

Salad choppers to whip up homemade salsa quick.

show off the herb keeper or atleast talk about it.

prep bowls to fix up smaller portions for lunches.

the bamboo bowl, make a joke out of turning a boring salad into a fancy meal.

I'll keep thinking.

I vote for the smashed potato soup from It's Good for You. Rich & hearty, but low-cal.

Mix up your own Salad Dressing in the Measure Mix & Pour ...

will work if you are cutting out sugar, low carbing, etc PLUS no additives or preservatives AND it's greener - less waste from purchased packaging.

Our spritzers are good for spraying on Oil & Vinegar - better coverage - use less

You have to demo the 10 minute cake. 1 box cake mix, 1 can diet soda, microwave for between 9 and 12 minutes. I add frosting to the top of the batter, but if you don't 1 slice is only 2 points.

Also key with the dcb is that you don't need to add any oil to it, and the meat comes out super juicy! Even though most of the fajita recipes call for it, I never add it, and it comes out AWESOME! Same with the 30 minute chicken -- the rub sticks without the oil if you RUB it into the meat. Focus on the It's Good For You cookbook -- lots of good stuff there! When I do the fajita recipe, I always talk about the many health benefits of peppers, onions and garlic -- there are tons!

There's also a FABULOUS cake recipe I just made, not sure how many points, but I know it's pretty low. I can figure it out in a minute. It is 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained and one box angel food cake mix (the kind you just need to add water to, but you don't add the water to it). Mix those two things together in a BIG stainless steel bowl because once combined, the mixture "grows". Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick comes out clean. Top with Cool Whip FREE or Lite. MMMMMM, so good and so darn easy! Oh, you bake it in the rectangular baker.

Just looked it up, it's 2 points for a piece of the cake using Cool Whip Lite and cutting the cake into 24 pieces.

I also really like the Jerk Pork Tenderloin Salad and the Summer Cobb Salad from several season's bests ago.

janezapchef said:
Also key with the dcb is that you don't need to add any oil to it, and the meat comes out super juicy! Even though most of the fajita recipes call for it, I never add it, and it comes out AWESOME! Same with the 30 minute chicken -- the rub sticks without the oil if you RUB it into the meat. Focus on the It's Good For You cookbook -- lots of good stuff there! When I do the fajita recipe, I always talk about the many health benefits of peppers, onions and garlic -- there are tons!

There's also a FABULOUS cake recipe I just made, not sure how many points, but I know it's pretty low. I can figure it out in a minute. It is 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained and one box angel food cake mix (the kind you just need to add water to, but you don't add the water to it). Mix those two things together in a BIG stainless steel bowl because once combined, the mixture "grows". Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick comes out clean. Top with Cool Whip FREE or Lite. MMMMMM, so good and so darn easy! Oh, you bake it in the rectangular baker.

This sounds great! I'm going to try it and share the recipe at my WW meeting Saturday!!! I like sharing PC recipes at my WW meeting, gets people to buy stuff!

1. What are some healthy substitutes for common cooking ingredients?

When looking for healthier options, consider using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, mashed avocado instead of mayonnaise, and whole wheat flour instead of white flour.

2. How can I reduce the amount of added sugars in my recipes?

Instead of using white sugar, try using natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, or dates. You can also use unsweetened applesauce or mashed bananas to add sweetness without added sugars.

3. What are some ways to incorporate more vegetables into my meals?

You can sneak in veggies by pureeing them into sauces, adding them to soups or stews, or using them as a base for pizza toppings. You can also experiment with new ways to prepare vegetables, such as roasting, grilling, or spiralizing.

4. How can I make my recipes more heart-healthy?

To make your recipes more heart-healthy, try using lean proteins like chicken, fish, or tofu. Use heart-healthy oils, such as olive or avocado oil, instead of butter. And aim for more plant-based meals by incorporating beans, legumes, and whole grains into your dishes.

5. What are some quick and easy healthy meal ideas for busy weeknights?

A few ideas for quick and healthy meals include stir-fry with lean protein and vegetables, sheet pan dinners with a variety of roasted vegetables, and wraps or sandwiches filled with lean protein, veggies, and hummus. You can also prep ingredients ahead of time to make mealtime even easier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 2chefsAJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
2chefsAJ
  • Kimbproctor1
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • JennyJennJen