• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some delicious recipes for an Open House in November?

In summary, the conversation revolved around ideas for snacks and food for an upcoming open house. The participants discussed various options, including truffle brownies, finger foods, and mini-quiches. They also shared recipes for cinnamon pastry wedges, pesto pizzas, and mini ham puffs. The main goal was to have easy and delicious snacks that could be pre-made and kept warm for the duration of the open house.
redsoxgirl
Hi Everyone!

I'm participating in my very first Open House in mid-November and I'm in charge of all the snacks/food. The host said I could make whatever I wanted.

I wanted to make a few different things before and then maybe a couple things during (depending on how many people come). I was thinking the truffle brownies for a chocolately treat. I was also thinking I needed something savory. A main dish.

I don't have any of the cookware yet, but I have a lot of other stuff (I've been buying for 10 yrs before I signed on!).

What else would be good?

Last edited:
Are you thinking finger foods? Or something more substantial?

Yeah - finger foods. There will be 4 other businesses there, so I want them to be able to walk around and check out everything.

I'd be fine with a main dish I could put in a little dixie cup or something, but I don't want them to have to sit down with ribs or something ya know.

anyone have any ideas on this for me?

I have a huge vendor event tomorrow. (In MA-you should come down)
I am just doing the Cinnamon rolls with the new Cinnamon Sprinkles! I can make a lot of those without too much effort!

Oh that's a good idea!
I'm actually going to be in NY all weekend or I'd definitely come!

I really like the pesto pizzas and you could use the idea for regular fingerling pizzas too. You can adapt the recipe to fit on any stone, I'm sure if you don't have the bar pan yet. They cook up fast too. I like the artichoke cups in the New Consultant kit too... they're yummy and I've only had one person not like them (she doesn't like any veggies at all though). I'm thinking for the open house I'm attending this coming Sunday of bringing the truffle brownies, the pumpkin mini-muffins that were posted about on this forum and possibly something savory... haven't thought that all the way through yet. I won't be able to cook anything while I'm there so I'd have to premake anything I take and keeping them warm, of course, would be a factor. I wonder how hard it would be to make like little mini-quiches in the mini muffin pan?

If you want something fast and that will add a lot of aroma, try the Cinnamon Pastry Wedges (SBRC Fall/Winter 2004). They are extremely easy but very yummy. I usually make a chocolate dip/fondue or a fruit spreadto dip them in.

Here is the recipe:
2 Tablespoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon Korintje Cinnamon (or ground cinnamon)
1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15 oz package) softened as directed on package

Preheat oven to 400. In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Unfold crust into lightly floured large round stone. Roll seams lightely, forming an even 12 inch circle using bakers roller. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture; cutinto wedges using pizza cutter. (Do not seperate) Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven: cool completely.

Good luck!!!

lkprescott said:
I really like the pesto pizzas and you could use the idea for regular fingerling pizzas too. You can adapt the recipe to fit on any stone, I'm sure if you don't have the bar pan yet. They cook up fast too. I like the artichoke cups in the New Consultant kit too... they're yummy and I've only had one person not like them (she doesn't like any veggies at all though).

I'm thinking for the open house I'm attending this coming Sunday of bringing the truffle brownies, the pumpkin mini-muffins that were posted about on this forum and possibly something savory... haven't thought that all the way through yet. I won't be able to cook anything while I'm there so I'd have to premake anything I take and keeping them warm, of course, would be a factor. I wonder how hard it would be to make like little mini-quiches in the mini muffin pan?

Here is a recipe from the All The Best cookbook - I make them with Swiss Cheese - and they are yummy! They are good at room temp too.

MINI HAM PUFFS

1 package (2.5 ounces) processed ham
2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
½ cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 egg
1 Tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
1 ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls

1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Finely chop ham and onion using Food Chopper; place in Small Batter Bowl. Add cheese, egg, parsley, mustard and black pepper; mix well.
2.Unroll crescent dough and press into one large rectangle. Cut dough into 24 squares using Pizza Cutter. Press one square of dough into each muffin cup using lightly floured Mini-Tart Shaper.
3.Using Small Scoop, fill each muffin cup with a scant scoop of ham mixture. Bake 12-14 minutes or until puffs are light golden brown. Remove from pan; serve immediately.

24 appetizers

Those pumpkin muffins posted last week are awesome and easy...box of spice cake and a can of pure pack pumpkin in the mini muffin pan..

do you have a link/recipe for those mini muffins?

obxchef said:
If you want something fast and that will add a lot of aroma, try the Cinnamon Pastry Wedges (SBRC Fall/Winter 2004). They are extremely easy but very yummy. I usually make a chocolate dip/fondue or a fruit spreadto dip them in.

Here is the recipe:
2 Tablespoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon Korintje Cinnamon (or ground cinnamon)
1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15 oz package) softened as directed on package

Preheat oven to 400. In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Unfold crust into lightly floured large round stone. Roll seams lightely, forming an even 12 inch circle using bakers roller. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture; cutinto wedges using pizza cutter. (Do not seperate) Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven: cool completely.

Good luck!!!

Ooh.. those sound yummy and I have pie crusts already!

Thanks so much everyone! These all look great and I think I might make them all!

If your event is in someone's home you could do one of our soups from the Soups, Stews, Chilis recipe cards. I did this one year at a home boutique. Everyone LOVED it!! Some of the other vendors were POd because I was drawing all of the people with the soup. I can't remember now which one I made. It was creamy though. I had sliced up specialty bread to go alongside. I serve it with those little mouth rinsing cups (3oz). That way they didn't have to sit down to eat it.

Especially being in Mass and nice warm soup would be really good! When I did it I was living in AZ and people still couldn't get enough of the soup (it was like 60 degrees and people were wearing sweaters).

Related to What are some delicious recipes for an Open House in November?

1. What types of recipes will be featured at the open house?

At the Nov Open House, we will be showcasing a variety of recipes that are perfect for fall and the upcoming holiday season. Some examples include cozy soups and stews, delicious desserts, and festive appetizers.

2. Will there be any vegetarian or vegan options available?

Yes, we will have a selection of vegetarian and vegan recipes for those with dietary restrictions. Our goal is to provide something for everyone to enjoy at the open house.

3. Are the recipes difficult to make or do they require special equipment?

Our recipes are designed to be easy to follow and require minimal cooking skills. We also make sure to use common kitchen tools and equipment, so you won't need any special gadgets to make these dishes.

4. Can I get a copy of the recipes after the open house?

Absolutely! We will have printed copies of all the featured recipes available for you to take home. You can also find the recipes on our website or by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant.

5. Are there any gluten-free options available?

Yes, we understand the importance of accommodating dietary restrictions. We will have a selection of gluten-free recipes available at the open house. If you have any specific allergies or dietary needs, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nene960
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • laurieandjaffy
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
CookingwithMary
  • mrsbmomof3