1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Need a trifle recipe for an open house

1. nene960

nene960 Member

I am doing an open house at a Day Care tomorrow. I want to make a trifle recipe but not sure which one. It doesn't have to be a PC recipe. I would really appreciate any suggestions!!

Aug 3, 2009
  2. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

How crazy, I am doing one on Thursday night! What all are you doing? I am very unprepared!

Aug 3, 2009
  3. nene960

nene960 Member

I am doing cream cheese with the pineapple rum sauce, pretzels with wisabi, a trifle, and potato soup in the baker. I am only going to demo products people want to see in action. We are just doing the open house to aid in a fundraiser. I don't even know how many people to expect. Just so you know I am not prepared either LOL!!

Aug 3, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Peanut Butter Cup Trifle from Janetupnorth!

Just type in Peanut Butter in the files section here, and you'll have it.

Simple, inexpensive, and everyone loves it!

Aug 3, 2009
  5. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

Thanks Becky for the plug! ;)

I can e-mail the recipe if they can't find it but it should be around plenty.

What I did recently was a modification of the Pineapple Mango recipe in the current catalog.

Ingredients:
    16 oz. whipped topping
    1 fresh pineapple
    1 container strawberries
    1 container blueberries
    1 pkg. vanilla pudding
    1 small container of mango sorbet (1 1/2 cups)
    1 angel food cake

Cube angel food cake, set aside.

1 mixed about 8 oz whipped topping with 1 pkg pudding and 1/2 cup melted mango sorbet. Set aside.

Core/cut pineapple and cube 1/2, save other half for a fruit salad. Melt the other cup sorbet and pour over pineapple.
    Core and slice 1/2 container strawberries. Save rest for morning fruit salad.
    Have 1/2 of the blueberries ready, other 1/2 for that salad.

In bowl, layer as follows:
    1. 1/2 of the angel food cake.
    2. Add 1/2 the pineapple covered with sorbet.
    3. Add 1/2 the pudding/sorbet mixture.
    4. Add 1/2 of the remaining container of whipped topping.
    5. Sprinkle strawberries and blueberries on top.
    6. Repeat.

You can vary by removing the strawberries or blueberries if you want. I happened to get pineapple, strawberries and blueberries all on sale and made a complete trifle along with a large fruit salad (I could have made 2 trifles!!!!)

Since mango sorbet can cost almost $3.00 for that 1 1/2 cups of it, I experimented with just using raspberry sherbert. It was good, but something about that mango!

Aug 3, 2009
  6. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

So, what did you make?

Aug 4, 2009
Have something to add?