• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Open House Recipes: Easy Pre-Party Prep Ideas for the Busy Host!

In summary, some easy pre-party prep ideas for a busy host include preparing make-ahead dishes, setting up a self-serve bar area, creating a cheese and charcuterie platter, and assembling simple appetizers such as bruschetta or dips. Make-ahead dishes for an open house can include casseroles, slow cooker meals, marinated meats, and chilled salads. To create a self-serve bar area for your open house, set up a table with glasses, ice, and a variety of drinks such as wine, beer, and non-alcoholic options. Easy appetizers to serve at an open house include bruschetta, meat and cheese platters, vegetable trays with dip, and mini quiches or tarts.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
I am having my own Open house on the 21st. I have a party the night before. What recipes do you recommend that I can make ahead? I will not have much prep time in the morning.

spinach artichoke dip- make the night before then just bake.
do the trio of dill, italian, and ?? can't think of the third seasoning dips. (mayo, sour cream)
prep the chicken fajitas in the DCB then just microwave at the show!

I made the garlic bread bites, and they went over pretty well.

I also made the apple taffy tarts, but I would sugges leaving them on the cooling rack. I put them on a plate and the bottoms got a little soggy.

also, the dessert dips using the sweet sprinkles. They were a big hit and lasted quite a few days.

Thanks so much for the recipes. I feel very overwhelmed right now, but at least I got the taxes off to our accountant today.

Symara said:
also, the dessert dips using the sweet sprinkles. They were a big hit and lasted quite a few days.

I felt these actually got better when they sat for a while...

Keep it very simple!

I just had an appetizer party - and it went over very well.

I demoed Jerk Chicken Nachos - you could cook the chicken and mix it with the cheese and Jerk seasoning the day before,, and also chop the peppers the day before - then it's very simple to assemble and quick to heat up!

Then, I had the oil dipping seasonings with french bread, and the new sauces poured over cream cheese w/ crackers.

Everyone loved it!

Hi there! Congratulations on hosting your own open house! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have some great recommendations for easy make-ahead recipes that will save you time and stress before your big event.For appetizers, I suggest making our Mini Caprese Bites or Spinach and Artichoke Dip ahead of time. Both can be prepared the night before and simply heated up in the oven before your guests arrive. Another option is to make a Charcuterie board with a variety of meats, cheeses, and crackers that can be assembled ahead of time and kept in the fridge until your party.For main dishes, our Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork or Chicken Caesar Wraps are perfect options that can be made ahead of time and easily reheated. You can also prep ingredients for a fresh salad or pasta dish that can be quickly assembled in the morning.Lastly, don't forget about dessert! Our No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares or Lemon Cheesecake Bites are delicious and can be made a day in advance.I hope these suggestions help with your pre-party prep! Best of luck with your open house and have a great time!

What are some easy pre-party prep ideas for a busy host?

Some easy pre-party prep ideas for a busy host include preparing make-ahead dishes, setting up a self-serve bar area, creating a cheese and charcuterie platter, and assembling simple appetizers such as bruschetta or dips.

What are some make-ahead dishes that can be prepared for an open house?

Make-ahead dishes for an open house can include casseroles, slow cooker meals, marinated meats, and chilled salads. These can be prepared the day before or even a few days in advance to save time on the day of the party.

How can I make a self-serve bar area for my open house?

To create a self-serve bar area for your open house, set up a table with glasses, ice, and a variety of drinks such as wine, beer, and non-alcoholic options. You can also include garnishes like lemon and lime slices, as well as drink recipe cards for guests to make their own cocktails.

What are some easy appetizers to serve at an open house?

Easy appetizers to serve at an open house include bruschetta, meat and cheese platters, vegetable trays with dip, and mini quiches or tarts. These can be prepared ahead of time and served at room temperature for convenience.

What are some tips for staying organized during an open house?

To stay organized during an open house, create a timeline for food preparation and set up, designate areas for food and drinks, and have a plan for cleaning up as the party progresses. It can also be helpful to have a friend or family member assist with hosting duties to ensure everything runs smoothly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Hunter Mom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies