• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Us Plan an October Open House: Share Your Favorite Recipes!

In summary, Beth suggests recipes for an open house in October. Some of her favorites are Touch Down Taco Dip, Apple Pie, and Hot Mulled Cider. She also provides tips for making Halloween less scary. Lastly, she provides a recipe for a scary-face pizza.
n_coleman101
What are your favorties? I plan on having an open house in October and need help getting some recipes together. PLEASE HELP! :confused:

Not a halloween recipe but Touch Down Taco Dip is a favorite fall recipe here. Also there's an awesome apple pie recipe in All the Best - you start it off in the microwave and it finishes quickly in the oven - yumm!

Another thing I always make in the fall is hot mulled cider - I have a large electric coffee pot just for that.

Yum yum! Sounds delish! I will have to try to find those recipes on the search engine. Thanks for you input BethCooks4U. <3

I saved these a few years back.

Halloween Ideas
Make your Halloween less scary with these quick tips!
* Sprinkle Cinnamon and nutmeg all over the inside of your pumpkin. When the candle is lit it will smell like pumpkin pie.
* When your pumpkin starts to look a little shriveled place the ENTIRE pumpkin into a sink or bucket of warm water. After an hour or so it will
expand back and look fresh! This is a great tip so you can enjoy your pumpkin longer.
* Use the Zester-Scorer to score "hair" that will show when pumpkin is lit.
* Use V-Shaped Cutter for eyes & teeth.
* The corer cuts round eyes or the chimney on top to let the smoke out.
* For those who cut their pumpkins on the top, the Cake Tester puts the lit match down to the candle.
* Batter Bowl makes a pumpkin cake; or turns Barbie into a Witch
* For safer popcorn balls w/ no hard kernels, Place Non-stick cooling Rack over your popcorn bowl, invert & shake--the unpopped kernels drop out.
* Chop leftover Halloween candy with Food Chopper and store in freezer. Great additions to muffins, cakes, and icings for kids of all ages.

Gummy Worms
Take your apple peels (from the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer) and put them in a zip lock bag (do this while they are still real moist) then pour in your favorite flavor of DRY Jell-O. Close it up and shake well, so the peels are well coated. Then lay them out on a flat stone, or in the Bar Pan and bake at 250 for 30-45 minutes (depending on the amount of peels). These are the best gummy worms and they are nutritious since they are made with apple peels and not just sugar. Also, when you peel the apple, you throw away most of the nutrition, this way you don't.

Witch's Hats
Bag of Hershey kisses, Bag of Fudge Stripe Cookies (the kind with a chocolate side and stripes on the other side) If desired, a tube of orange frosting (the small tube with a fine tip works best) Unwrap a kiss. Turn over a cookie so that the plain chocolate side is face up. Either use a dab of fluff or peanut butter on the center of the bottom of the kiss (or frosting) Place kiss in the middle of the cookie. Add a band and bow with orange frosting. There you have it, a Witch's Hat!

Spider Web Brownies
Make brownies in the Rectangular Baker according to package directions. Frost with whipped topping using the Easy Accent Decorator and Large Spreader. Drizzle melted chocolate (your Micro Cooker will make this easy) in circles over the Cool Whip. Drag the Cake Tester through chocolate to look like a spider web.

Fruity Witches' Brew
Mix grape and orange Kool-Aid in Quick Stir Pitcher, float gummy worms on top.

Witch's Brew:
Pour green or orange punch or soda in a plastic cauldron. And then add the witch's icy-cold hand. Fill a plastic glove (like the ones used for serving food) with punch or water, freeze, and then carefully peel the glove off before placing the ice in the punch.

Goblin Frosties
Using the V-Shaped Cutter, cut off the top 1/3 of an orange crosswise to make a hat. Scoop out pulp with Small Stainless Scoop; make a face on the orange with black licorice or fruit roll-ups. Fill shells with lime sherbet, mounding above rim. Place "hats" on top of sherbet at an angle. Stick
maraschino cherry with stem in hat with toothpick. Place in freezer until ready to serve.

Jack 'o Lantern Cake
Mix 1 spice cake mix according to package directions. Bake in Small Batter Bowl. (1 box will make two small batter bowl cakes). Put 2 batter bowl cakes together with orange frosting, making a pumpkin shape. Ice the entire cake using Large Spreader. Make pumpkin face using licorice. Decorate with candy corn, licorice and assorted Halloween candies.

Scary-Face Pizza
Using your own or refrigerated pizza dough, bake on Large Round Stone. Using Ultimate Slice and Grate, cut pepperoni slices, green pepper and onion. Slice black olives using Egg Slicer Plus. Make zucchini slices with Crinkle Cutter. Use sliced meats & veggies to decorate to look like a Halloween Scary-Face. Or, use pita pocket rounds and everyone can decorate their own Scary-Face Pizzas!

Finger Sandwiches
Using the Utility Knife, remove crust from two slices of thinly sliced firm-textured bread. Spread some of your favorite chicken salad onto one of the slices with the All-Purpose Spreader. Top with the other slice of bread. Cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch wide logs. With the Utility Knife taper one end of each log to form a point. Attach a sliced almond to this end with some softened cream cheese, making fingernails.

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
4-1/4 cups raw pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 teaspoon salt
In a medium mixing bowl combine pumpkin seeds, cooking oil, and salt. Spread mixture onto a waxed-paper-lined Bar Pan. Let stand for 24 to 48 hours or till dry, stirring occasionally. Remove waxed paper Bar Pan Toast seed in a 325º F oven for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring once or twice. Let cool slightly. Pat seeds with paper towels to remove excess oil.

Halloween Punch
12 oz frozen concentrate OJ
12 oz frozen concentrate white grape juice (you can use purple grape juice, but it is much sweeter--kids like it)
1 (2 liter) bottle, 7UP, chilled
Mix those together in TRIFLE BOWL
Float orange and green sherbet (or rainbow) on top.

•Jack-O-Lantern Casserole—a delicious, festive Halloween dinner!!!
1 medium pumpkin
1 chopped onion
1-2 pounds ground beef
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 (4oz) can mushrooms (optional)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 ½ - 2 cups cooked rice
1 (8oz) can sliced water chestnuts
Clean out pumpkin and decorate outside with black permanent marker, if desired. Brown hamburger and onion. Mix in remaining ingredients. Put pumpkin on cookie sheet. Fill pumpkin with mixture. Place in oven and bake pumpkin with lid on for 1 hour at 350F or until pumpkin is tender. Ladle onto plates out of the pumpkin!! YUMMY!!

Spooky Eyeball Tacos
1 pound ground beef
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning mix
12 taco shells
¾ cup chunky salsa
¾ cup sour cream
1 can sliced pitted ripe olives
Chopped lettuce
Mix meat and seasoning mix. Shape into 36 (1 inch) balls. Place on stoneware bar pan. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Fill each taco shell with 1 meatball and chopped lettuce; drizzle with salsa. Top with two meatballs dipped in sour cream and garnished with olives to make “eyeballs,” Kids will LOVE this!!

Butterfinger Carmel Apples—a fun autumn family activity!
6 wooden craft sticks (found in cake decorating or hobby shops)
6 tart apples-firm
1 package caramels (about 50)
2 tablespoons water
2 Nestle Butterfinger Candy Bars
Line tray with wax paper. Insert 1 wooden stick into stem of each apple. Microwave caramels and water in large, microwave safe bowl on HIGH power for 2 minutes. Microwave at additional 10-20 second intervals, stirring until smooth. Dip each apple in melted caramel; scrape excess caramel from bottoms. Quickly roll bottom half of apples in chopped Butterfinger, and then place on prepared tray. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until set. Store apples in the refrigerator in airtight container. Apples are best if they are served the same day as they are prepared.
NOTE: If caramel becomes firm, return to microwave oven for 20-30 seconds or until dipping consistency.
Cook’s Tip: Be sure apples are completely dry before dipping---otherwise the caramel will not stick to the apple.
--Be creative—you can roll your caramel apples in all kinds of toppings: Chopped CRUNCH bars, pretzels, Oreos, Heath (toffee) bars…etc, etc.

Pumpkin Pie a la Easy –absolutely YUMMY alternative to traditional pumpkin pie!!!!
1-1/4 c. all purpose flour
3/4 c. quick or old-fashioned oats
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. pecans, chopped
2/3 c. butter or margarine, melted
4 eggs
2 cans (15 oz. each) solid pack pumpkin
2 cans (14 oz. each) sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
2 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. ground ginger
1/2 t. ground nutmeg
OR use 3 ½ t. of Pampered Chef Pantry Cinnamon Plus
1 t. salt
Thawed frozen whipped topping (optional)
Pecan halves (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In CLASSIC BATTER BOWL, combine flour, oats and brown sugar. Chop pecans using FOOD CHOPPER. Add to Batter Bowl. Melt butter in MICRO-COOKER on HIGH 1 minute or until melted. Add to dry ingredients; mix well. Press mixture onto bottom of STONEWARE BAR PAN. Bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly beat eggs in Batter Bowl using STAINLESS STEEL WHISK. Add pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, spices and salt; whisk until smooth. Pour over crust. Bake 30-35 minutes or until filling is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool at room temperature. Cut into squares; serve using MINI SERVING SPATULA. Garnish each serving with whipped topping using EASY ACCENT DECORATOR, pecan halves and additional ground cinnamon (or Cinnamon Plus), if desired. Refrigerate any leftover pie squares.
Yield: 24 servings

Spider Cake-
Mix 1 Devil's Food Cake Mix in the 2-qt Batter according to package directions. Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Turn it upside down (after it has baked and cooled.) Frost with one can of chocolate frosting. Use brown sprinkles for "hair" and black licorice strips for legs. Put a toothpick in the end of each piece of licorice and put in cake. Red gumdrops for eyes.

Witch's Hats
Bag of Hershey kisses
Bag of Fudge Stripe Cookies (the kind with a chocolate side and stripes on the other side)
If desired, a tube of orange frosting (the small tube with a fine tip works best)
Unwrap a kiss. Turn over a cookie so that the plain chocolate side is face up. Place a dab of frosting (or peanut butter on the bottom of the kiss. Place kiss in the middle of the cookie. Add a band and bow with orange frosting. There you have it, a Witch's Hat!

Thank you!!!! I am going to use some of these ideas for a Tuesday night test kitchen, mommy and me show. Thanks again!

cochef said:
I saved these a few years back.

Halloween Ideas

holy cow!!! thanks cochef

Thanks cochef indeed! How wonderful! I will be sure to demo some of those at my open house. Cross your fingers for me and wish me good luck!

Thanks cochef! I make those gummy worms every Thanksgiving after I do the apple pies. The kids just love them!

WOW!! Cochef...so many great ideas! Thanks!

thank you! this is great. can't wait to make a spider cake - so easy but fun.

WOW! Thank you cochef!!!

I feel warm fuzzies from you all :blushing: Usually I just end up reading contributions from everyone else because I don't have anything to share. So glad I could contribute this time :)

1. What is an October Open House?

An October Open House is a fun and interactive event where you can learn about new products, try out recipes, and get exclusive deals and discounts on Pampered Chef products. It's a great way to kick off the fall season and get inspired in the kitchen!

2. How can I participate in the October Open House?

To participate in our October Open House, simply sign up to be a hostess and invite your friends and family to attend. You can also join as a guest at another hostess's event. Both options allow you to earn free and discounted products!

3. Can I bring my own recipes to the October Open House?

Absolutely! We encourage our hostesses and guests to share their favorite recipes at the October Open House. This is a great way to discover new dishes and get creative in the kitchen.

4. Will there be any special promotions during the October Open House?

Yes, there will be exclusive promotions and discounts available during the October Open House. Be sure to attend or host an event to take advantage of these deals!

5. Do I have to purchase anything at the October Open House?

There is no obligation to purchase anything at the October Open House. However, we do have special offers and discounts available for those who are interested in purchasing our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
  • blessedrub
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies