• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Romantic Open House: Prepare-Ahead Recipe Ideas

In summary, this lady is looking for a recipe that will set the stage for romance. She has a policy that if she has a show for someone, the other person will have a show for her. She has a few ideas, but wants someone else to help her choose. One of the ideas is a Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries.
susanr613
Gold Member
Hello:

A Surprise Parties lady and I are having an open house tomorrow, and I am looking for a prepare-ahead recipe that would "set the stage for romance."

Any ideas?

Thanks!

chocolate covered strawberriesdip some in chopped hazelnuts
some in coconut
some in mini choc chips serve on the chillzanne rect server with a paper doily and a flute of champagne

Try the Cool and Creamy Chocolate Fondue that is on the cover of "All the Best".
(I don't have the recipe here at work with me, but someone else might have it)

This is a cool idea!
My SIL is a Pure Romance consultant and has wanted me to do a show. I have a policy that if you have a show for me I'll have a show for you. We could do this together and she could be my host and I could be hers! I love these ideas!!!

Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries
Truffle Brownie CupsEasy Melon Slush (Delightful Desserts)
Strawberry Margarita SquaresChocolate Strawberry Delight

Ingredients:
24 chocolate-flavored graham cracker squares (2 1/2 inches each),
approximately 2 cups chopped
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling

1 cup sour cream
1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate, melted
2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
Semi-sweet chocolate, grated (optional)
Directions:
1. Finely chop graham crackers with Food Chopper. Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in Small Batter Bowl. Press into bottom and partially up sides of Springform Pan fitted with flat bottom.
2. Combine whipped topping, pudding mix and sour cream in Classic Batter Bowl with Stainless Steel Whisk. Pour half of filling over crust. Hull strawberries; slice with Egg Slicer Plus®. Layer strawberries on top of filling; pour remaining filling over strawberries.
3. Melt chocolate and butter together 1 minute 30 seconds on HIGH in Small Micro-Cooker®; stir until smooth. Drizzle over top using V-Shaped Cutter. Grate additional chocolate over the top with Deluxe Cheese Grater. Filling will set immediately, but can be refrigerated to chill.
Yield: 12 servings©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

Chocolate-Raspberry Dream Torte
Ingredients:
1 pkg (18.25 oz/510 g) devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, softened
1 cup (250 mL) powdered sugar
1 tbsp (15 mL) finely grated orange zest

1 container (8 oz/1 L) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/4 cup (50 mL) seedless raspberry jam, divided
1 cup (250 mL) raspberries (optional)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour Torte Pans; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; divide batter equally between pans. Bake 18-22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from oven to cooling rack, cool 5 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool completely.
2. Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and orange zest in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Place one cake layer well-side up onto serving platter. Spread half of the filling over cake layer. Place raspberry jam in Prep Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 10-20 seconds or until warm; whisk until smooth. Drizzle half of the jam over filling. Stack remaining cake layer on top of first, well-side up; spread with remaining filling. If desired, arrange raspberries over filling; drizzle with remaining jam.
Yield: 16 servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 310 mg, Fiber less than 1 g©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

Sorry, Susan. I have no ideas for you. I had to laugh, though, when I saw the title of this thread. I actually blurted out, "Cookies always work for The Furry Guy." LOL!

Hello there,

Congratulations on your upcoming open house! I have a few prepare-ahead recipe ideas that I think would be perfect for setting the stage for romance.

1. Caprese Skewers - These are simple to prepare ahead of time and can be served as a light and refreshing appetizer. Simply skewer cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil leaves onto toothpicks and drizzle with balsamic glaze. They are not only delicious, but also visually appealing and perfect for a romantic setting.

2. Stuffed Mushrooms - These can be made a day ahead and baked right before your open house. You can stuff them with a variety of fillings such as cream cheese and herbs, crab and cheese, or spinach and feta. They are a crowd-pleaser and will definitely add a touch of elegance to your event.

3. Chocolate-Covered Strawberries - These classic treats are a must-have for any romantic occasion. You can make them ahead of time and store them in the fridge until your open house. Use high-quality chocolate and fresh strawberries for the best results.

I hope these ideas help! Best of luck with your open house and I'm sure it will be a success. Don't forget to set the mood with some soft music and dim lighting. Happy cooking!

What is a "Romantic Open House" and how is it different from a regular open house?

A "Romantic Open House" is a special event where guests can preview and purchase products from Pampered Chef's romantic-themed collection. It is similar to a regular open house in that it allows guests to see and try out products, but it focuses specifically on products and recipes for a romantic evening at home.

What kind of recipe ideas can I expect to see at a Romantic Open House?

At a Romantic Open House, you can expect to see a variety of recipe ideas that are perfect for a romantic evening. These may include appetizers, entrees, desserts, and drinks that are easy to prepare ahead of time and are sure to impress your significant other.

Do I need to make a purchase at the Romantic Open House event?

Attending a Romantic Open House event does not require you to make a purchase. However, if you do choose to purchase products, you will have the opportunity to do so at the event. It's a great chance to get your hands on our romantic-themed products and try out some delicious recipes!

Can I bring a guest to a Romantic Open House?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a guest with you to a Romantic Open House event. We love sharing the Pampered Chef experience with new people and it's always more fun to cook and shop with a friend or loved one!

Is there a cost to attend a Romantic Open House?

There is no cost to attend a Romantic Open House event. It is completely free to come and browse our products and recipes. However, if you do choose to make a purchase, there will be product prices listed at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• newtopamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
newtopamperedchef
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg