• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Products Will Disappear from the Catalog This Fall?

In summary, the items that are being considered for removal from the catalog this fall are tie-its, bambooprep towels, dish towels (only b/c my fingers are crossed that they will finally come out with some new patterns; the cranberry are nice but we've had them for several years), windowpane linens - never sold a set, finger guard, maple honey mustard sauce (because the smell makes me sick.), silicone bakeware, cranberry scrapers, family size qsp (I would rather it be restyled so that it's more comfortable to pour
gaddischef said:
I would like to see the following things leave:

Outdoor Party Sticks
Herb Keeper

AHHHHH:cry: Don't get rid of these!!!! OMG! The party sticks are a HUGE seller for me this time of year, in fact, I take them to every show! Have them set up in an old PC stone/bread tube with a fake flower block to stick them in. It is such a conversation piece and everyone loves them. Outdoor concerts are big here so the party sticks are awesome.

And the herb keeper! All I have to say is "asparagus" and everyone buys them. Love it.

I totally agree about the herb keeper...I always take it with parsley or basel or cilantro and it sells and I sell even more when I mention asparagus.:p

ChefBeckyD said:
And honestly, I haven't used my food chopper at a show since I got my MFP! In fact, I just took it out of my kit for my show yesterday.

We had a big discussion about this at my show last night. The host even said her food chopper annoys her slightly because of the amount of work it takes to cut everything down (we were demoing an onion in the MFP) and how the blades always stick in the FC, etc. I told them that the MFP has replaced my FC in so many ways but the FC was still good for smaller jobs like nuts, jalepeno, etc.

Nanisu said:
And I agree about the little bamboo serving set, when we got it I thought "oh, are we having an invasion of little people? who would use this?"

I use the bamboo serving set all the time! The spreader for butter or cheese ball or cream cheese with a sauce....the fork for pickles or onions or tomato slices for a picnic....and the little laddle is perfect for homemade salad dressings. I have two sets. Love them!

evk1972 said:
I use the bamboo serving set all the time! The spreader for butter or cheese ball or cream cheese with a sauce....the fork for pickles or onions or tomato slices for a picnic....and the little laddle is perfect for homemade salad dressings. I have two sets. Love them!

I think they are talking about the newer set of Petite Bamboo Spoons...they are very tiny. I can see maybe for jam, but they are just TOO tiny for anything useful, IMHO. ;)

Intrepid_Chef said:
Can go:
UGLY, cheap chip and dip
Based on high gas prices, I think this is going to be a big year for price hikes. Just sayin.

I am also sad to say, I think shipping as well as our catalog prices are going to increase!

As for discontinuing items, I wouldn't be sad to see the finger guard, the chip and dip plate, the suds pump, and the outdoor party sticks go away, as well as the coffee clip thingy....that is, unless they're going to bring the coffee back!! lol

I love our Simple Additions, etc., but I wish they didn't weigh so much. (Pardon me, my age is showing! Ha!)

I also wonder if we need both of the stainless steel colanders AND the plastic, white colander/bowls?

Paula R. Lewis said:
I am also sad to say, I think shipping as well as our catalog prices are going to increase!

As for discontinuing items, I wouldn't be sad to see the finger guard, the chip and dip plate, the suds pump, and the outdoor party sticks go away, as well as the coffee clip thingy....that is, unless they're going to bring the coffee back!! lol

I love our Simple Additions, etc., but I wish they didn't weigh so much. (Pardon me, my age is showing! Ha!)

I also wonder if we need both of the stainless steel colanders AND the plastic, white colander/bowls?

I own both and use both a lot. I use the colanders w/ bowls a lot because I like the bowl being there to catch the excess water than drains out after washing berries or grapes or other things. The SS ones are prettier, but then I need to put a paper towel or a plate down under it. I use the SS one as a fruit bowl sometimes though, because it just looks nice. :D

babywings76 said:
I own both and use both a lot. I use the colanders w/ bowls a lot because I like the bowl being there to catch the excess water than drains out after washing berries or grapes or other things. The SS ones are prettier, but then I need to put a paper towel or a plate down under it. I use the SS one as a fruit bowl sometimes though, because it just looks nice. :D

You mean you don't use the Salad/Berry Spinner?! :eek:
;) (I use mine, then put the grapes, even berries, etc into a paper towel lined bowl (or back in their clamshell container) and stick them in the fridge for kids/myself to be able to grab whenever we want. They last for DAYS!)

esavvymom said:
You mean you don't use the Salad/Berry Spinner?! :eek:
;) (I use mine, then put the grapes, even berries, etc into a paper towel lined bowl (or back in their clamshell container) and stick them in the fridge for kids/myself to be able to grab whenever we want. They last for DAYS!)

I have mixed feelings on the S&B spinner. It's HUGE! And then I have to hand wash the large & small basket plus the bowl, and dry the big, clumsy lid...(I'm lazy I guess.) ;)

babywings76 said:
I have mixed feelings on the S&B spinner. It's HUGE! And then I have to hand wash the large & small basket plus the bowl, and dry the big, clumsy lid...(I'm lazy I guess.) ;)

LOL...Understandable. I guess I don't use it everyday because I wash most things all at one time (after I buy groceries). Then I can put it away.

lt1jane said:
I'll second the tie-its.
I'm not a fan of the dots so they could all go away and become plain
rotary grater
Jumbo Turner
Family Size QSP (I would rather it be restyled so that it's more comfortable to pour from)
beaded serving anything
carafe
bamboo square bowls (they're not as sturdy as the round ones)
coating trays
herb keeper

LOVE my herb keeper! I use it all the time and it keeps my stuff fresh for up to two weeks instead of turning it into slime!

cochef said:
I agree - the Finger Guard, mini bamboo serving pieces, the suds pump, and the rotary grater . Another thing that is a good idea but not a big seller is the egg separator.

Love the egg separator and use it all the time...to serve berries and such, explaining what it does and that it is also a whisk!

I sell a lot of the finger guards. I have never used one or even bought one, but I guess I have a lot of people who are afraid of their knives. I probably have two or three people at every show buy one. I never even talk about it.

I am not a fan of the SA line, because of the way it scratches and looks. I have Corelle and will stick with it forever. I have a few of the hospitality pieces, like the cake pedestal and tray, but rarely use them and never bring them to a show, unless it's a featured item.

I sell a lot of the scoop and drains. I always bring up the fact that it looks like a kitty litter scoop, but it's great for ravioli, gnocci and eggs. I sell a lot of them.

I sell a lot of Kitchen Spritzers. I also sell a lot of coating trays.

I would definitely be okay if they got rid of the towels. I don't think I've sold any. I haven't sold the tie its or that mini scoop that came out this spring either. The bamboo serving tongs are useless.

The juicer? Does anyone use it? I haven't sold one.

I have the old rotary grater, but just bought the new one. The new one is cheap-feeling. I like my old one so much better.

The juicer? Does anyone use it? I haven't sold one.
I use mine all the time when making salsas, etc. I haven't sold one though. In my own kitchen, I have a bigger one from Kitchen Aid :)eek: Did I say that "out loud"??).

Really? I use the citrus press, but never the juicer.

The citrus press doesn't do oranges though. I suppose the juicer is for those that love fresh squeezed OJ.

Doh....I was thinking the press when I answered. No, I don't have a Juicer like that and have never used one. IF I do need to juice alot like that, I have a Kitchen Aid electric one. I only use the press. SORRY ;) Yes, the juicer can go.

Teresa LM said:
The citrus press doesn't do oranges though. I suppose the juicer is for those that love fresh squeezed OJ.

I do oranges with the citrus press. Just quarter them so they fit in. I find it faster than using the juicer.

I wondered if that would work with the oranges.

I wouldn't miss the finger guard, windowpanes stuff, regular hand towels and v-shaped cutter and the Stoneware Inspirations cookbook (since we have discontinued many of the pieces used).Speaking of.. I am seriously wondering if we are changing or adding a glazed stoneware color. I mention this because we were told that the two show package is going to include a "must have NEW piece of stoneware". With the largest package valued at over $800 it make sense. There are over $220 worth of glazed stoneware so that would make a big dent in that package value.

Okay back again.. since we know that 9 items are being restyled, I am going to guess at those items..

Season's Best
Twix-it
Cranberry Towel Set
Windowpanes Placemats (that counts as 2)
Windowpanes Napkins (also counts as 2)
Napkin Rings
Apple Wedger

I hope you are right on the apple wedger.

angel7581 said:
I hope you are right on the apple wedger.

Yeah, it needs to match our other tools and have the base/cover that allows it to work better :)

darlinclem said:
Okay back again.. since we know that 9 items are being restyled, I am going to guess at those items..

Season's Best
Twix-it
Cranberry Towel Set
Windowpanes Placemats (that counts as 2)
Windowpanes Napkins (also counts as 2)
Napkin Rings
Apple Wedger

My guess is that the napkins, ring, and placemats will be gone. I'm thinking maybe they'll introduce a new color and then that will mean new twixits, kwikcut paring knives, iSlice and towels. Then a new SB. I hope they restyle the apple wedger & change the batter bowl to having an open handle so they can nest better. :D

Rosechef said:
The bamboo serving tongs are useless.

I love my bamboo tongs - that's what I always use for serving salad.
I also saw the little bamboo tongs being used to serve chips at a farmer's market recently...

Discontinue:
Chip & Dip
Bar Tongs (do we really need this with the ice scoop)
Bamboo prep towels
Silicone crown Cake pan

Redesign:
Apple Wedger
digital pocket thermometer
Mix N Masher - stronger reinforced center circle
BBQ Tongs - PC can do better than these... every man that tries them gives them back to me with hints to redesign them.
Rotary Grater (where the handle doesn't snap off) - like the bigger drum, but miss the old screw in handle

Malinda, what don't you like about the thermometer? I think that just came out recently...it was a redesign of another thermometer that was not digital.

I totally agree about the BBQ Tongs redesign, though I see that happening with the spring catalog. My husband finally gave up on the lock and broke it off. He would love to see them with the same lock as the chef's tongs. It's so simple, yet effective. (Pissed off my then 18-month old son for about 6 months until he figured it out...)

chefsteph07 said:
Malinda, what don't you like about the thermometer? I think that just came out recently...it was a redesign of another thermometer that was not digital.

Well i finally have a thermometer that works... it took me 5 of them to get one that works right. The others would take forever to climb to temp. It's just not instant like the old one. If i see the old ones on the outlet, i'm grabbing a few of them.

i have been asked for a candy thermometer. not sure what the difference is though

<h2>1. What products are most likely to be discontinued this fall?</h2><p>At Pampered Chef, we are always looking to update our product line and bring in new, innovative items. While we cannot confirm which specific products will be discontinued, we can assure you that any changes made to our catalog are carefully considered and based on customer feedback and market trends.</p><h2>2. Will the tie-its be gone from the catalog?</h2><p>We understand that the tie-its have been a popular item among our customers, but we are constantly evaluating our products to ensure they meet our quality standards and customer needs. While we cannot confirm any specific products that will be discontinued, we recommend keeping an eye out for any new and exciting items that may replace them.</p><h2>3. Are the bamboo prep towels being discontinued?</h2><p>Our bamboo prep towels have been a customer favorite for their softness and durability. While we cannot confirm their status in the upcoming catalog, we can assure you that we are always striving to provide the best products for our customers. We recommend checking out our new catalog to see if there are any updates to our towel offerings.</p><h2>4. Will the dish towels be gone from the catalog?</h2><p>Our dish towels have been a staple in our catalog for many years, and we understand how popular they are among our customers. While we cannot confirm their status for the upcoming catalog, we are always listening to customer feedback and looking for ways to improve our products. Keep an eye out for any new patterns that may be introduced in the new catalog.</p><h2>5. What changes can we expect in the new catalog?</h2><p>Our new catalog is always a highly anticipated event, and we are constantly looking for ways to improve and update our product offerings. While we cannot reveal any specific changes, we can assure you that we always have our customers' best interests in mind and strive to provide the best products for your kitchen needs.</p>

1. What products are most likely to be discontinued this fall?

At Pampered Chef, we are always looking to update our product line and bring in new, innovative items. While we cannot confirm which specific products will be discontinued, we can assure you that any changes made to our catalog are carefully considered and based on customer feedback and market trends.

2. Will the tie-its be gone from the catalog?

We understand that the tie-its have been a popular item among our customers, but we are constantly evaluating our products to ensure they meet our quality standards and customer needs. While we cannot confirm any specific products that will be discontinued, we recommend keeping an eye out for any new and exciting items that may replace them.

3. Are the bamboo prep towels being discontinued?

Our bamboo prep towels have been a customer favorite for their softness and durability. While we cannot confirm their status in the upcoming catalog, we can assure you that we are always striving to provide the best products for our customers. We recommend checking out our new catalog to see if there are any updates to our towel offerings.

4. Will the dish towels be gone from the catalog?

Our dish towels have been a staple in our catalog for many years, and we understand how popular they are among our customers. While we cannot confirm their status for the upcoming catalog, we are always listening to customer feedback and looking for ways to improve our products. Keep an eye out for any new patterns that may be introduced in the new catalog.

5. What changes can we expect in the new catalog?

Our new catalog is always a highly anticipated event, and we are constantly looking for ways to improve and update our product offerings. While we cannot reveal any specific changes, we can assure you that we always have our customers' best interests in mind and strive to provide the best products for your kitchen needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DessertDivaFL
  • Products and Tips
2 3
Replies
Views
BettieC
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips