• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wanna Know About My Signature Line? Increase Your Sales?

In summary, for successful home parties, it is important to have a host coach and encourage them to invite more people, mail out invites, and collect phone numbers. One way to increase attendance and sales is by using Postcalls, a service that automatically calls guests to remind them of the party. The rate for this service is 7.5 cents per call, and you can have as many numbers and groups as you need. To sign up, you will need to provide basic information and mention Kelly McNamara as your referral. Using this service has resulted in a minimum increase of 3-5 guests per show, and has even helped prevent cancellations. It is recommended to have a form for hosts to fill out with their guests'
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Beth asked me to start a thread about my signature line....well, here it is!

Here are a few of my ideas (not mine personally....LOL)

1. HOST COACH to $1,000 show! Get them excited about earning $215 in free products, 4 half price, and 30% on anything else they want! (Overinviting, collecting outside orders, telling everyone to bring a friend...etc.)
2. Mail out the invites yourself. Probably 95% of cancellations are due to the fact that the host never got around to mailing out the invites and she will NOT admit that to you!
3. On her guest list, explain how it's important for her to include phone numbers. Tell her (with excitement in your voice) how you have the COOLEST way to call and remind her guests about the show. "I have found that attendance and sales go up when each guest receives a reminder call 2-3 days before the show. Even those who have told you YES will appreciate a reminder! Also, those who you haven't heard from may just have forgotten to RSVP. I can do ALL of your calls with the coolest thing! I record a message about your show, enter in their phone numbers, and a computer automatically calls out to each of them! I have noticed a great improvement on attendance at the shows where I am able to do this for my host. Plus, it saves YOU time! If you tried to make all of those reminder calls, you would be on the phone for HOURS chatting since you know each of them. I do it this way, and it's done in a flash!"

Here is the information about the Post Calls. Make sure you email or call this lady...she gives you a SUPER price break off of the regular rates posted on their website! Please make sure you mention that I referred you!

With Postcalls, there are no setup fees, no monthly or yearly fees, the only thing you pay for are the calls. You purchase calls for your account and use them until you need more calls or run out. You do not have to purchase each month, only when you need more calls. There is no extra fee for long distance calls. The rate that Kathie is giving directors and consultants is 7.5 cents a call for a 60-second call. The basic package is 500 calls for $37.50. You must go through Kathie for your first purchase to receive the discounted rate. You can have as many numbers in a group as you like, and as many groups as you like. These names and numbers will stay in your account until you change or delete them. You can listen to your message before you send it. You can send your message when you record it or schedule the message to go out at a different time.
The basic information that She will need from you to sign up is, name, address, phone number, email, business, and who referred you. You can either call or email her this information and she will be glad to set up your account. Then all she will need to do is call you for your credit card number to make your purchase and give you the information on how to use the Postcalls system.

Here is her contact info:
Kathie Davis
Senior Sales Associate
CallingPost Communications, Inc.
1-888-229-5708
[email protected]

When you call or email her, please use my name and phone number as your referral....you will be helping me out too!! Kelly McNamara (877-6370)

Good luck!!

So Kelly.... What difference have you noticed in your sales and attendance?

I have only done this on about 5 shows...two of them closed at over $1,000.

Last night, I was talking to someone at my show (she is booking so we were chatting a bit) and she said that if I wouldn't have done those calls, she would have forgotten about the party and wouldn't have shown up last night!! She WANTED to come, but got so busy this week, she forgot it was coming up!!

I would say my attendance has gone up by MINIMUM of 3-5 per show. Not bad for 7.5 cents per call!

Here are a few of my "scripts" that I have followed when making the recording.

Attachments

• Kim White Call- Soup and Slippers Show.doc
    20 KB · Views: 564
  • Rebecca's Power Cooking Show Post Call.doc
    20 KB · Views: 649
Do you have a form that you have your host fill out that asks for name, address, and phone number? I would LOVE to use this service but I need to know how to sell it to my host. :)

this is mine.... I need to coach my hosts better to get ph#'s

Attachments

• YOUR GUEST MAILING LIST2.doc
    53.5 KB · Views: 469
ughubug said:
Do you have a form that you have your host fill out that asks for name, address, and phone number? I would LOVE to use this service but I need to know how to sell it to my host. :)
I use the three part ones from HO. That way, I can seperate the top copy and those are my mailing labels...easier for me to address the invites that way!

I give them TWO of them, which is slots for 50 names. I coach to get to the $1,000 show and then their postage is free.

Kelly, this is great stuff! Thanks for the info.......

when are you going to join us on Director CS???;)

chefmeg said:
Kelly, this is great stuff! Thanks for the info.......

when are you going to join us on Director Chef Success??? ;)
Before conference 2008!

YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to have you over there....whole different world, I must say!

Thanks Kelly. This is great information!

I got that email from Kathie, too. I love Postcalls. I use it for my parties, and I have had a HUGE increase in attendance and sales. My average party is around $1500 or so, but before postcalls it was only around $1100. Big difference. :D

KellyTheChef said:
Before conference 2008!
You can do it, Kelly!! We'll see you over there soon!:chef:

Kelly,
I have tried to get guest lists from my host and have only had one come thru! How do you get them to give you this information in a timely manner? I've held hostess packets hostage, called, reminded, emailed. Offered to take it over the phone...ugh! Any advice? TIA

riggs62 said:
Kelly,
I have tried to get guest lists from my host and have only had one come thru! How do you get them to give you this information in a timely manner? I've held hostess packets hostage, called, reminded, emailed. Offered to take it over the phone...ugh! Any advice? TIA

good questions! I would like to know the answers, too, Kelly!

My past two shows I told them that I would have a gift for them if they got me their guest list by the date I specified and another gift if they put together their wishlist on my website. It worked great. Both shows were over $1000. I gave them the suds pump for the guest list and a sample of our hand soap for the wishlist.

Hold off on giving a recipe, too, until you get the guest list. They always want to talk about the recipe. I tell hosts that we need to know how many people are coming before we pick a recipe. I also say I will set up there show on my website "just as soon as I get a guest list." I just started asking for phone numbers, too. I say that I want them so I can put them into my P3 program because it takes too long at the show. BUT I also tell the hosts that I'm not going to call anyone before the show, so they will give the numbers to me.
I have considered doing post calls. I will consider it again. Maybe, I'll start offering it to hosts and see what they say.
Thanks Kelly.

Do you ever have people get upset about the calls? I've never had a post call but I absolutely hate it when I answer the phone & get a recording for something. I figure if people don't want to talk to me personally they must not really want to talk to me & therefore I don't want to talk or do business with them! Have you ever had that problem or am I totally weird on this? (No comments from the peanut gallery please! I was specifically asking about this one situation!!!)

was wondering the same thing myself Bev....our school system has an automated informational call that the Principal's can use to get info out to alot of parents at the same time. While this is a great thing for that particular venue, I still cringe everytime I see the number on the caller ID! I know that one of the Principals is on the other end saying the same thing to me that she said to 600 other parents!
I might try just making the calls myself....is that crazy??? What could it hurt to try? OK-maybe I should rethink that as a host can potentially send me 40 phone numbers and when I have 8 shows in a month, that is entirely too much time on the phone! Gonna have to look into this postcalls thing once more folks let us know how they feel about getting these kinds of calls!

I have used PostCalls for over a year and am starting to wonder if they really do make a difference. Many people tell me they didn't answer the call because they figured it was a telemarketer or they say they hang up when the pause happens. So, I have started tracking those shows I do with postcalls and those I don't. There has been no increase in show average, I am about $850-$900 with or without the postcalls. For me, I find that good host coaching is truely the difference! When I don't host coach...my attendace is down...thus my average is down!

Now, I am not telling you guys these aren't a fabulous way to remind people I am just starting to wonder if it is really worth it...Anyone else tried them and feel this way?:confused:

I just had another thought about this. Could this possibly violate the "do not call" laws since the person didn't give you permission to call them, the hostess gave out their number?Marlene, I love your signature!!!

Last edited:
I don't think it would fall under the do not call list, since I am not selling anything...just doing a reminder call for the host. I certainly hope this doesn't violate that!

I have not heard any complaints about the recordings...actually, only compliments and "thank you, I would have forgotten about the show" from guests.

As for getting the guest list, I still have a problem sometimes...I think I am going to start doing what Julie Weiss suggested. Make them raise their right hand and say "repeat after me...this is the most important thing I can do for my show and it will be the hardest thing that I will be asked to do for my show. I WILL return this guest list in 3 days or less. Promise and cross my heart!" She makes a big joke out of it, but makes them realize how important it is. Those that do it quickly and send it back to me never have a problem. It's those who set it aside and think they will do it "later" that lose track of time. The guest list (and a SASE to me) are the ONLY things I actually give them the night they schedule a show. No guest list...no host packet.

HTH

KellyTheChef said:
........start doing what Julie Weiss suggested. Make them raise their right hand and say "repeat after me...this is the most important thing I can do for my show and it will be the hardest thing that I will be asked to do for my show. I WILL return this guest list in 3 days or less. Promise and cross my heart!".....HTH
OMG, that is hilarious! And, I am absolutely going to start doing it :D

fruit76loop said:
Many people tell me they didn't answer the call because they figured it was a telemarketer or they say they hang up when the pause happens.
That's too funny.....that's exactly what I do. There are a couple phones in our house that are old and don't have caller ID. If I answer on this phone and hear that pause, I just hang up before saying "hello?" again. I figure if I accidentally hang up on someone that wasn't a telemarketer, they'd call back right away, then I'd know to answer.

THanks for your feedback, Marlene, about post calls. It's interesting to hear that.:rolleyes: Thanks for sharing!

I love how sending the invitations myself really makes it easy to figure out when a host is gonna flake on ya! I expect the list back 4 weeks before their show, and IF I don't get it then I know like 4 weeks in advance I'm probably not really doing that show.

fruit76loop said:
I have used PostCalls for over a year and am starting to wonder if they really do make a difference. Many people tell me they didn't answer the call because they figured it was a telemarketer or they say they hang up when the pause happens.

This is exactly why I've put off trying this. My director has had some success with it; but I know if I get a call with "that pause" I sometimes just hang up too. I guess with these, you pick a call time when you hope their answering maching picks up!

Good advice though Kelly! I definately agree with sending invites. My average has definately increased since I started doing that; I won't ever go back to the hosts sending them:thumbup:

Just an FYI...I just went to the Calling Post website and had a sample call sent to me. There was very little, if any, pause to speak of and it was actually a very fast call. I didn't find it annoying at all (and I hate "those" calls, too). In fact, it has convinced me that I may just give this a try! Even if I only get a few extra guests out of my first 500 calls, that will surely pay for itself.

I'm excited about this! This will help me improve my host coaching my helping to get me in the habit of asking for guest info up front, too!

Does it leave messages on machines? If so, try having the calls made during the day while people may not be home and then they'll get the message instead of avoiding the phone calls.

lacychef said:
This is exactly why I've put off trying this. My director has had some success with it; but I know if I get a call with "that pause" I sometimes just hang up too. I guess with these, you pick a call time when you hope their answering maching picks up!

The only problem with machines is that postcalls sometimes starts as soon as the message on the machine is done; thus, the first part of your call is not recorded because it didn't wait for the beep. Just FYI:)

fruit76loop said:
The only problem with machines is that postcalls sometimes starts as soon as the message on the machine is done; thus, the first part of your call is not recorded because it didn't wait for the beep. Just FYI:)

My director told me it's on a loop, so doesn't it keep recording so you catch the beginning when it loops?

Not as far as I know. But I could definately be wrong. I just know that many people at my parties have said that the beginning of the message was cut off so they weren't sure who was calling at first!:thumbdown:

fruit76loop said:
I just sent myself a call and let it go to the answering machine...it waited and started the message after my answering machine was done "talking" so I didn't miss any of the message.

BTW- on the caller ID it says: "callingpost com"

Okay I have a question, do you only get that price once or do you get to keep using that price over & over. Just curious......

Amanda...as long as you repurchase through the same lady, you will get the same reduced price! Cool, huh?

Thanks Kelly for the info!

Thanks for the info Kelly!!

1. What are the benefits of being a host coach for a $1,000 show?

The benefits of being a host coach for a $1,000 show include earning $215 in free products, 4 half price items, and 30% on any additional purchases. Additionally, overinviting guests, collecting outside orders, and encouraging guests to bring a friend can all contribute to a successful and high-earning show.

2. How can I ensure that my host follows through with mailing out the invites?

To increase the likelihood of the host mailing out invites, you can offer to mail them yourself. This eliminates the possibility of the host forgetting or not having time to send out the invites, which can lead to cancellations. It is estimated that 95% of cancellations are due to the host not mailing out the invites.

3. How can I encourage guests to attend my show?

One effective way to increase attendance at your show is by using a post call service, such as Postcalls. This service allows you to record a personalized message about the show and have it automatically sent to each guest's phone number. This reminder call can increase attendance and sales, especially for those who may have forgotten to RSVP or need a gentle reminder.

4. How does Postcalls work and how much does it cost?

Postcalls is a post call service that allows you to send a personalized message to multiple phone numbers at once. The rate for a 60-second call is 7.5 cents per call, with a basic package of 500 calls for $37.50. There are no setup fees, monthly or yearly fees, and long distance calls are included in the rate. You can schedule messages to go out at a specific time and listen to the message before sending it. To sign up, you will need to provide your name, address, phone number, email, business, and mention a referral. You can contact Kathie Davis at 1-888-229-5708 or [email protected] for more information and to sign up.

5. Who can I contact for more information or to sign up for Postcalls?

You can contact Kathie Davis, a Senior Sales Associate at CallingPost Communications, Inc., for more information and to sign up for Postcalls. Her contact information is 1-888-229-5708 or [email protected]. When contacting her, please mention the name and phone number of the person who referred you. In this case, it would be Kelly McNamara at (877)6370.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cookin_With_Amanda
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PamperedK
Replies