• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Keeping Your Name in Front of Your Customers

In summary, the conversation was about the speaker receiving a call from a customer wanting to order Twix-it Clips. The customer had the speaker's business card from a previous encounter and still received their newsletter. The speaker is considering changing their cell phone number but is hesitant due to their military moves. They also discussed the option of using a vonage number for forwarding calls. They also talked about special orders and shipping costs. The speaker mentioned that most customers do not question the cost of shipping and it becomes an issue only when the speaker makes it one. The conversation ended with both parties agreeing on the importance of not making a big deal out of shipping costs.
Bren706
Gold Member
Wow! I just got a call from a customer wanting to order some Twix-it Clips. She wanted to add them to one of my shows, but I explained I am now out of state (and when I did live in NC, I would have been 30 minutes away). I had some here with me, and the 1 pack order turned into 3 (which I have). She will be sending me a check.

She had my business card from the last time she saw me. So, I get off the phone with her, and pull her info up on PP3, and saw that she last ordered in 2007!!!!!!!! Not only did she still have my business card, but she also still receives my newsletter!

On a side note, it will be 2 years in August since I moved from NC back home to MA, and I still have my NC cell phone number. I almost changed the number when I got my new phone a couple months ago, but I would have had to hold off getting the new phone for a couple of days, and I could not wait :).) I have to wait 6 months to change the number now, but am nervous about changing the number.

Wow that's great! If you do change your number I would be sure to note it in your newsletter where you can do your custom message.

I wouldn't change your number. Just one more new thing to remember!!;)

I know a lot of people who don't change their cell phone number after they move. There's nothing that says you have to change.

I am going to stop changing my cell phone number. Doesn't do anything really. We are military and move every three years or so. I want my customers to be able to reach me. I changed it last time and thanks to my newsletter still have customers in New Jersey, but I'm done changing it from now on. Most cell phone plans don't care if you are calling a local or long distance number and so many people only have cell phones now.

Sharon, regarding your phone number. You should get a vonage number. For less than $20 per month you can have it forward into any number you want.

That is what I do so I can share it on the internet and get my calls both at home and away so that no one gets my real number or my cell. If you decide to try it, use my phone number as a referral code and I think you get a month free or something since you were sent by a vonage user. I have been really happy with it. 717-751-2793

Regarding the special orders just becasue you are not moved away. when you just order the items for the customer without saying a word about special shipping, they do not question it. If you ordered Twixit clips at a show, they would not be that much cheaper than special shippig.

Just put your order into pp and say, "delivered to your door that will be "xyz" and they will go with it. People are used to paying shipping. It is only when we make a big deal out if it that it is an issue.

Deb Bixler said:
Regarding the special orders just becasue you are not moved away. when you just order the items for the customer without saying a word about special shipping, they do not question it. If you ordered Twixit clips at a show, they would not be that much cheaper than special shippig.

Just put your order into pp and say, "delivered to your door that will be "xyz" and they will go with it. People are used to paying shipping. It is only when we make a big deal out if it that it is an issue.

I totally agree! I've started doing this and only when people question it do I offer to do it for less (if they pick up their order from me). Most people have no issue with it. :)

1. How often should I reach out to my customers to keep my name in front of them?

It is recommended to connect with your customers at least once a month. This can be through email, social media, or in-person visits.

2. What type of content should I share to keep my name in front of my customers?

Share a mix of product information, new recipes, and personal updates. This will keep your customers engaged and interested in your business.

3. Should I reach out to all of my customers or just my top customers?

It is important to reach out to all of your customers, even if they have only made one purchase. This shows that you value all of your customers and can lead to repeat business.

4. How can I make sure my communications are not seen as spam by my customers?

Personalization is key. Use your customers' names and tailor your content to their interests. Also, make sure to provide valuable information and not just promotions or sales.

5. How can I track the success of my efforts to keep my name in front of my customers?

One way to track success is through email marketing metrics, such as open and click-through rates. You can also ask for feedback from your customers and track any increase in sales or repeat business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Shae424
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chezshelly
  • slhalepc