• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Waiting for School to Start....

In summary, Janet feels school starting is bittersweet because she misses the summer when they can play. She loves her kids, but is scared about starting kindergarten.
schel
Am I such a bad mom that I can NOT WAIT for school to start? It is mid August and I feel like I want to pull my hair out today! I love my child dearly, but he has a friend over and it's driving me NUTS today!!
There I feel somewhat better, I had to vent to someone!
Schel

schel said:
Am I such a bad mom that I can NOT WAIT for school to start? It is mid August and I feel like I want to pull my hair out today! I love my child dearly, but he has a friend over and it's driving me NUTS today!!
There I feel somewhat better, I had to vent to someone!
Schel

Girl! go read my "Don't wanna be the mommy" thread for some serious comiseration!

School is IN SESSION!!!! WAHOOOOO!!!! :) But trust me about 2weeks ago i was feeling the same way!

Summer can feel WAY TOO LONG for us mommies!

I'm very wierd - but I'm sad about school starting. DS is so excited! He asks all the time if today is a school day.

He drives me crazy at times - but I also like having him around. Right now I am sitting on the front porch making phone calls, and he is running around playing in the sprinkler and singing to himself, and doing "venshuns" and "sperments"....(those would be inventions and experiments) and making me laugh.

Last night, DH and I were both at the end of our ropes in dealing with him...but today, he is being a little angel.:angel:

I'm always reminded of that Staples commercial from a few years ago - you know, the one where the guy is running through the aisles with the shopping cart, singing along to "It's the most wonderful time of the year", while the kids have these pouts on their faces. It's priceless!! :D

Hush all of you! For those of us that are teachers, school starting means I'm back on a routine, my days are filled, and no more sleeping in. I found out today that I could get into my classroom. My school has been undergoing major remodeling and additions. There are only 5 of us that can get in yet. There are some teachers that are going nuts, because once Aug.1 hits they're in there. (not me! I just want to bring in a big box of games I ordered, delivered to my house, and want out of my bedroom). My room wasn't affected, but the hallway to it was. I'll enter from the outside for a few weeks. We start back Aug.26 and Sep.2 with kids.

Ours start back tomorrow. Even though I've had some of those days where I couldn't wait for it to start, I'm pretty bummed to see them go back. I enjoy hanging out with them in the summer (which often seems too short). I'm at their school volunteering a lot, so I get to see them off and on during school hours.

It's bittersweet to me...kids are excited but I miss summer when we can PLAY and have fun! I love being outside with my kids and summer went way to fast.Of course, we've had those recent hair-pulling days too...my kids ears aren't working too well lately and being busy this week doesn't help! We need a good few days of family time still to get them back in proper mode. I notice that when my kids act up, it's because I'm too busy and not spending as much time with them. They hound me to get attention and/or get used to being "grown-up" and "independent" in their play time.

My DD starts her first day of Kindergarten soon and I'm excited, scared & nauseous all at once. I had asked for a ton of opinions in the Spring since her pre-K teacher thought she should stay there for another year b/c she was socially immature (meaning what exactly...I'm not exactly sure). She loves kids, but likes to hug them good-bye. She is unsure of trying new things at first and doesn't really understand sarcasm or being mean. SO, I decided Kindergarten was the right move (thanks to everyone who gave me their thoughts). She is SO excited and will be in a class of just 13 kids so I know she'll be fine.I think I'd like it to be mid-September already in a way so I can skip the growing pains I think I will experience. I'm thinking she'll be fine. She LOVES school!Janet~Teachers aren't the only ones to have to get back on schedule. I will have to get up earlier AND have us both presentable to the world. I kind of have enjoyed the summer of pajama mornings.

I am very ready for the kids to start too. The boys start Kindergarten on the 20th and go all day everyday. Then Rachel will start on the 27th for Preschool, and will go m-th afternoons. I will probrably be a little teary the first day of school.

Last edited:
OK, YA'LL MINE ARE GOING TO COLLEGE AND A SOPHOMORE IN HIGH SCHOOL AND 'M BAWLING MY EYES OUT.WE ARE IN MAUI UNTIL THE 21 THEN MOVE ONE TO COLLEGE THE 22 AND THE OLDEST WILL MOVE HIMSELF.
ON THE BEACH TODAY i KEPT FIGHTING TEARS WHEN i SAW TODDLERS AND ELEMENTARY KIDS.....

We start Thursday, but I go back to work tomorrow (I'm a lunch lady so we have to open the kitchen, etc.). I'm looking forward to getting back to the routine but DS is not looking forward to it at all.

I LOVE my kids, but working makes me a better mommy! I'm a teacher so I've been home with them and its also driving me crazy!! I don't want to go back to work, but I'm ready for a break! 6 more days to go!!!

We start on August 20th and I'm sad to see it coming up - my kids are 7, 11 and 13 1/2 and we have been having a great summer together - my hubby has even taken this week off so we can enjoy it all together. I dread the thought of waking up early (not the kids so much but me!:)

We go back on the 27th. I am ready for school to start. I work for Latchkey and we have been at summer latchkey all summer. (we get the week after school ends off and next week off). I don't have to work as long when we are in school.

Becky....just wait till he's a little older; you'll be ready for him to go back, LOL!

It's not even so much that I'm ready for school to start, but that I'm ready to get back to a structured routine schedule.

I can't wait for school to start but I've been feeling really tired, not wanting to accomplish anything. Then a light bulb went off, I'm depressed that my youngest starts school this year. I've been begging my dh to have a baby (which I can't even have one, I"m tied) and it's b/c I want to nurture someone still. My dh said I can nurture him but it's not the same. I need someone to need me. I'm excited b/c my daughter is so excited but I'm so upset!! My kids are 4,5 and 7 (they'll be 4,6,and 8 this year).

Am I alone in feeling this way?

My kids start Thursday! I can't believe how fast the summer went. My kids were actually very good this year. They only called me one time while I was at work fighting. My son has his Xbox life though, so he is on there w/his friends all the time and leaving his siters alone:)!

my son starts kindergarten next Monday, and it is starting to hit me that these are the last days of the last summer with just him. I haven't really felt well enough to do much this summer until the last week or so. I am looking forward to him going to school, but I feel bad because I just need the extra prego time to myself.

14 days and counting!

I have to say. My DD is so excited for school to let out but her brainiac ways make her want to go back w/in 2 weeks. She is so SO ready to go back to school. I am ready to not pay for a babysitter and also her going back to school means one MAJOR thing in our life right now...My BF will be home 2 weeks after school starts. So while she and I both hate winter and want summer to last forever, this year, we want summer over in a major way b/c we want him home. So while school is starting and it already feels like fall here (high temp this week is 70) we are excited b/c it brings us that much closer to him being here.
Also DD will be in 6th grade this year and they get to do a musical. She is practicing her audition for any part of the Charlie & the Chocolate Factory!! She is doing very well!!!

PampMomof3 said:
I can't wait for school to start but I've been feeling really tired, not wanting to accomplish anything. Then a light bulb went off, I'm depressed that my youngest starts school this year. I've been begging my dh to have a baby (which I can't even have one, I"m tied) and it's b/c I want to nurture someone still. My dh said I can nurture him but it's not the same. I need someone to need me. I'm excited b/c my daughter is so excited but I'm so upset!! My kids are 4,5 and 7 (they'll be 4,6,and 8 this year).

Am I alone in feeling this way?

Aw Kristi, I have a feeling I'll be feeling that way next year; when my youngest will go to kindergarten. Is your 4yo going to kindergarten or just preschool? I'm sure you'll feel better once school starts, and they are having so much fun.

lacychef said:
Aw Kristi, I have a feeling I'll be feeling that way next year; when my youngest will go to kindergarten. Is your 4yo going to kindergarten or just preschool? I'm sure you'll feel better once school starts, and they are having so much fun.

Thanks Lacy. She's staring Pre-K and she really can't wait to go. The Pre-k is in the same school as my boys and she's counting the days down. I'm talking to a couple friends here and they are going through something similar. I think it's b/c I've been home for 4 years and now I'm home with no one. I think it'll be an exciting time for her and I but I'm still sad...:(

Oh, I know...I've always stayed home with my girls, just working very part time outside the home for 9 years now. Dh was asking if I'm going to get another job next year when our youngest goes to Kindergarten all day....I said...why?! It will be so strange though.

lacychef said:
Oh, I know...I've always stayed home with my girls, just working very part time outside the home for 9 years now. Dh was asking if I'm going to get another job next year when our youngest goes to Kindergarten all day....I said...why?! It will be so strange though.

Oh I know! I start back at my chiropractors 3 days a week so that will keep me busy and I'll have T and Thurs off to work PC.

20 days til school, but who is counting!

5 of those we are on vacation, so that will be a nice break in the middle of things!

We have 6 days, 8 days and 13 days. They all start on different days!

DS starts all day Kindergarten on Aug 26th, and DD starts preschool (MWF) after Labor Day. I can't wait to get back into a routine, and away from those all day "want to pull my hair out" days! But, I will be sad when my little boy goes off to school all day long, and my DD is gone too. Oh, but then I will be able to get some PC work done and get the house clean!!!

1. What are some easy and healthy breakfast ideas for busy school mornings?

We recommend making overnight oats or smoothie packs that can be quickly prepared in the morning. You can also try making mini quiches or breakfast sandwiches ahead of time and freezing them for a grab-and-go option.

2. How can I get my child involved in packing their own lunch?

We suggest having a designated area in the kitchen with pre-portioned snacks and lunch items for your child to choose from. This allows them to have some control over their lunch choices and makes it easier for them to pack their own lunch.

3. What are some healthy after-school snack ideas?

Fruit and veggie platters, hummus and pretzels, or homemade energy bites are great options for after-school snacks. You can also try making your own trail mix with nuts, dried fruit, and whole grain cereal.

4. How can I save time on meal prep during the busy school week?

Meal planning and prepping ahead of time can save a lot of time during the week. You can also use kitchen tools like a food chopper or a slow cooker to make meal prep easier and more efficient.

5. What are some quick and easy dinner ideas for school nights?

Tacos, stir-fry, and sheet pan dinners are all quick and easy options for busy school nights. You can also try making a big batch of soup or chili over the weekend and reheating it for a quick dinner during the week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Careyann
  • General Chat
Replies