• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Driving, Talking on the Cell Phone And.....

"the days of the convertible". It's amazing how one can have children and just not "get it". This lady needs some child safety classes.What an idiot!!
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
WOW - talk about a multi-tasker....did she really think that doing an interview would actually 'help' her case?

Video link: http://www.whiotv.com/news/18813161/detail.html

Dayton Mother Caught Breast Feeding and Driving
Friday, February 27, 2009 – updated: 5:36 pm EST February 27, 2009

KETTERING, Ohio -- A Dayton mother is facing charges for breast feeding her daughter while driving her other children to school.

Genine Compton was pulled over by Kettering police Thursday at Far Hills and Dorothy Lane while taking her other children to school.

Police say Comptom could have injured her child and others because she was breast feeding and talking on the cell phone while driving the vehicle.

Compton was issued citations for child endangering and violating the child restraint law. Compton told News Center 7 Friday, "If my child's hungry, I'm going to feed it."

Police say it is against the law to drive with a child in your lap. Children under 4 or 40 pounds must be properly restrained in a child safety seat.

In this case, officers said Compton had the child in the lap with the baby's head up against the steering wheel. They say there is not only the risk of a crash, but deployment of the airbag.

Compton said she will take the advice of the officers into consideration, but she may breast feed her baby while driving in the future if she feels that is is necessary.

She could face up to 180 days in jail and fines for the child endangering citation.

pamperedlinda said:
Compton said she will take the advice of the officers into consideration, but she may breast feed her baby while driving in the future if she feels that is is necessary.

She could face up to 180 days in jail and fines for the child endangering citation.

I usually don't say things like this; I usually try to see the other side of the argument, but this is clear cut. This woman should have her kids taken away, before she kills one of them. Putting your child at risk so you don't have to listen to him or her cry for a few minutes? There's no excuse for this.

Ok, deep sigh, and say a prayer.

Oh my! How dangerous!

It's amazing how one can have children and just not "get it". This lady needs some child safety classes.

What an idiot!!

She MIGHT take the officers advice???? haha

I thought I heard it all

I loved how she says that it's no more dangerous for the airbag to deploy with the baby there than it is for her if it deployed!

Wow, I'm all for breastfeeding, but there are a few times during the day when you should take a break- driving is one of those times (can't think of any others at the time, my son ate even while I showered :) )

Wow, I never thought anyone would do this! Once when we were sitting in a parking lot waiting for my little one to finish eating, my hubby said I wish we (meaning he) could just drive and let me finish feeding him. I was shocked, but I understood he was just tired and inpatient.

pamperedlinda said:
Compton was issued citations for child endangering and violating the child restraint law. Compton told News Center 7 Friday, "If my child's hungry, I'm going to feed it."
QUOTE]

I want to know what she gave birth to? I've never called my son an "it". That lady should have her children and license taken away! I would also commit her to a psych ward, because she obviously doesn't have all of her marbles!

If it's the same child that's in the video - that child looks to be @ 2 years old...old enough to understand that she can wait a few minutes until mommy drops the kids off at school.....and, old enough for a sippy cup of juice and some crackers to hold her over until they get home.

pamperedlinda said:
If it's the same child that's in the video - that child looks to be @ 2 years old...old enough to understand that she can wait a few minutes until mommy drops the kids off at school.....and, old enough for a sippy cup of juice and some crackers to hold her over until they get home.

I'm with you! My son is only 19 months and understands that he can't always have it RIGHT NOW!

Wow I went back and watched the video. Oh my! I don't think she has any idea about the laws of physics.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Wow I went back and watched the video. Oh my! I don't think she has any idea about the laws of physics.

Or how comments like what she made will get her scrutinized by Child Services! That's foolish.

My mom used to change diapers while she was driving.

Of course, that was 30 years ago, before it got dangerous not strap your kids in. We jokingly call that the "years no one cared about kids safety".

I don't even know what to say. I can't decide if I am more appalled by the fact she keeps calling her baby "it" or by the fact that I was picturing an infant in my mind and a toddler just ran up and attacked her. Not that I am against breastfeeding older children (well, that depends on how old:yuck:) but that particular child is old enough to wait.

All I can say is What was she thinking??? I am an avid breast feeder, and I think that is beyond ridiculous! This woman deserves to have her children taken away from her. Especially if she refuses to obey a rather simple law!

Geez. And if she had been in an accident, she would have been the first to sue the car manufacturer when the airbag killed her kid. Wow.

I agree with everyone on here, the sad part is that she will make this all about breastfeeding, which has NOTHING to do with it.

Will we read about her later when she is potty training and has her kids pee out the window so they don't have to wait? LOL

WHAT!

This is just NUTS!!!!

Like breast feeding moms don't get enough negativity.

Even if this was an infant if she learned how to plan her morning this would not be an issue. Um ever thought about feeding the baby while the older kids are dressing? Oh wait that would mean she would have to use her brain!!!

This is the kind of parent whose kids we will be reading about in the newspapers verry soon!!! Maybee she will take the officers advice? WTF? If my dad heard me say that he would slap me upside the head, even if I'm almost 40!

OMG ... must be in the water here in Ohio!

http://www.recordpub.com/news/article/1809261

Di_Can_Cook said:
OMG ... must be in the water here in Ohio!

http://www.recordpub.com/news/article/1809261

OMG.....You've got to be kidding me!!! lol

just when you think you've seen it all.....

what a moron.. what was she thinking putting her baby in danger!!

Bettie ... I am SO NOT KIDDING YOU. Read the story ... she was talking on her cel phone to her "husband" and getting his "permission" to pull over and was taking notes on what to say. Unbelievable. Unbelievable that she won the appeal. And unbelievable that her "husband" was thanking God that the original judge was dead.

At first I thought Catherine D. changed her name and moved to Dayton!

Both of these moms are complete a$$es. Your kid's safety should be your #1 concern always. Period.

You all may think I was crazy, but when DH and I had to drive to FL from OH with Evan when he was less than a year old, I actually fed him while we were driving. He stayed in his seat, buckled up and I was the one who took my seatbelt off and leaned over his seat to feed him. DH was driving! Even doing that, I was a nervous wreck! Looking back, it was probably dumb, but he and I were having tons of problems nursing, and each nursing "session" could last almost an hour! We just couldn't stop and wait each time he was crying uncontrolably for me to nurse him!

1. Can I drive and talk on my cell phone at the same time?

No, it is not safe to drive and talk on your cell phone at the same time. It is important to focus your full attention on the road while driving to prevent accidents.

2. Is it legal to use a hands-free device while driving?

While laws may vary by state, it is generally legal to use a hands-free device while driving. However, it is still important to use caution and limit distractions while behind the wheel.

3. How can talking on my cell phone affect my driving?

Talking on your cell phone can affect your driving in several ways. It can distract you from the road, make it difficult to hear important sounds, and it may also lead to reckless behavior such as speeding or swerving.

4. What are some alternatives to talking on my cell phone while driving?

Instead of talking on your cell phone while driving, you can use a hands-free device, pull over to make a call, or wait until you have reached your destination to make or receive calls. It is also a good idea to let calls go to voicemail while driving.

5. Can I use voice commands to make calls while driving?

Using voice commands to make calls while driving can still be distracting and take your focus off the road. It is best to limit all phone use while driving, including using voice commands, and save it for when you have reached your destination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • ihavethetools
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies