• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easing Phone Jitters: A Different Way of Making Calls

In summary, Kris used the contest and special offered by Anne to get 12 bookings by October 19. She also used a script that she found on another board. She warns people about driving while on their cell phones, and reminds them to use signals when conducting business.
ihavethetools
I didn't have phone jitters tonight (last night actually), but had to run an errand at around 7 p.m. and it was cutting in to my phone time. I didn't want to get back and still have calls to make.

So I have my hands free set (which I always use anyway) and printed out from my Action list on PP the calls I was to make, grabbed my planner, and ran my errand which was about a 15 minute drive one way. Oh, I had my 'script' sort of memorized, my planner opened to September on the seat beside me. As for the script, I just knew basically why I was calling. I was so glad to catch lights red, then I'd punch in the number, and talk away.

I had to leave some messages, and talked to a couple of people, one is going to check on dates with her daughter so they can do one together (originally she wasn't going to book til October or later : ) )

One lady gave me a referral. That didn't pan out to a booking but it was fun calling someone cold like that..............the lady was really sweet.

So give it a try, if you have a cell phone and can get in the car alone, or even with a child that maybe likes the car ride. Do it when your free minutes are in effect (ours start at 7!). Kind of gives you a different atmosphere to make your calls and may help get those jitters away.

Another fun way I've found is to make your calls outside.

Kris

This is crazy, but before I became a consultant I had been to about 6 cooking shows. I have filled out dpds at every single one of them. I am SURE that I have checked off "maybe" a few times in regards to hosting a show but I have NEVER been called by a consultant. The last party I went to the consultant booked me on the spot, so there was no need to call. I can't imagine what to say on the phone to people from the dpds! Are there scripts in the Recipe for Success? Are these former hosts you are calling?

They are former hosts, friends I haven't seen in a while, guests from shows, people off my 100 names list.
By former hosts, some are very former hosts, from when I did PC from 1993 to 1998.

Kris

Are there scripts to base your calls around? Or are they just scripts you've come up with on your own? I guess it's hard for me to imagine when I haven't ever received the calls :) At any rate, I love the idea of doing them on the headset in the car. I would absolutely do better that way. Historically I have done a lot of telephone business in the car. It's just a great way to multi-task.

Tonight I used the contest that Anne spoke of. But my contest was not for 24 hours and I want 12 bookings by October 19. Also using the stoneware host special.

One HUGE word of caution...okay...please listen everyone.
My hubby is a truck driver. MOST motorists are totally out of tune to what is going on around them in their cars. Most do not EVER use signals at any time anywhere, EVER, and it is a FACT that when one is on their cell phone, holding the phone and attempting to drive that they WEAVE, they speed up and SLOW down (on the interstate......very dangerous) often during the same conversation. The driver doesn't even notice they are doing it.

I just want to stress this, we see it ALL the time, everyday, 11 hours a day in every city on every highway.

I wouldn't conduct business on the interstate where I have to glance over at my datebook. I rarely talk while on the interstate, but when I do, I always have that ear piece already in my ear.

Even if you have to go to the park or a grocery store parking lot....LOCK your doors and talk away.
:) that's what I did tonight too. LOL

lol... I used to make most of my business related calls while I was stuck in rush hour traffic, not really moving. Guess I should have clarified. ;)

Jenn, here are a couple of scrips that I have gotten off of other boards. Hope they help. Ann

Attachments

• call scrip.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 402
  • MORNING AFTEROUT OF BOX CALLS.doc
    21 KB · Views: 429
  • Voicemail Power.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 471
  • call to outside orders.doc
    19 KB · Views: 403
LOL here too.........just don't want my dh swerving to miss a PC consultant on cell getting bookings. LOL

Aired...those are great scripts. Got 'em all printed off and will look over them to use them. I tend to read a script and then get it in my head for the direction I want to go with a call and then just go with it. Not sure if that's best or not, but I don't want anyone to think that I'm reading it as I'm going.

Kris

Last edited:
Kris, I look at them before I call also and glance at them as I am talking on the phone so I don't sound like I am saying a script. You can also tell you get those telemarketer calls when they are reading off a scrip.

Always ask questions also that they need to give an answer to and make sure you pause to let them speak. I have a problem with that.

Ann

I have a 40 minute commute and when I have my act together, I make calls. I love the scripts! Thanks!

This is a great idea, because I'm more relaxed when I'm driving around feeling like a powerful business woman with my headset and cell phone. I have a bluetooth headset -- the cordless one that just hangs from your ear -- and my cell phone stays in my purse while I'm talking on it, so you wouldn't believe the looks I get sometimes when I'm walking through Trader Joe's chatting away at nobody.

LisaKIsrael said:
This is a great idea, because I'm more relaxed when I'm driving around feeling like a powerful business woman with my headset and cell phone. I have a bluetooth headset -- the cordless one that just hangs from your ear -- and my cell phone stays in my purse while I'm talking on it, so you wouldn't believe the looks I get sometimes when I'm walking through Trader Joe's chatting away at nobody.
I get stranger looks for doing less. LOL

LOL I get looks as well when it looks like I am not chatting with no know but I am really on my cell phone!!!!

You know we can all just SO get away with talking to ourselves nowadays!

Last night, my headset BROKE! I couldn't believe it, I can't live without my headset b/c dh and I spend so much time on the phone together, my neck would grow sideways if it weren't for my headset. : )

I had it replaced this morning

Kris

ihavethetools said:
...I spend so much time on the phone together, my neck would grow sideways if it weren't for my headset. : )

Kris
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Kris!

Thanks for sharing your scripts! those are great starting points! I love it!

Very helpfull thankyou!!!

you with your bluetooth...I can't tell you how many times I've been in a store and said, "what?" to the person standing near me who I just assumed was talking to me! Haha! Talk about strange looks!

Hi Jenn! I can't take credit for the great scripts. : )

That was Ann : )

Kris

Ccare scriptBluetooth is amazing. Once you try it you'll understand. I do try to hold my hand near my mouth when in public so people don't think I'm talking with them. TYVM for the scripts!

I think I have downloaded the CCscript from the website and will attach it here. Good Luck to all.

How do you achieve a full show schedule? One Show at a Time! Book One TODAY!!

Attachments

• connect_w_customers.pdf
    78.2 KB · Views: 304
  • customer_care_log.pdf
    26.6 KB · Views: 262
  • mar05_book_recruit_card.pdf
    72.1 KB · Views: 261
I never though about talking to people while I am in my car, but I am going to try it soon! Thanks for the confidence booster!

Thank you for sharing those scrips! I know we can all use them!!!!:D

Thanks, Scott! I am ALWAYS looking for the right words!!!

ihavethetools said:
Hi Jenn! I can't take credit for the great scripts. : )

That was Ann : )

Kris

OOPS!! :eek: Sorry, Ann! Thanks for sharing the scripts!

Thanks Scott!!!!! You rock!!!

1. How can I get over my fear of making phone calls for my Pampered Chef business?

One way to ease phone jitters is to practice deep breathing and positive self-talk before making the call. Remind yourself of the value you can bring to the conversation and the potential benefits for your business.

2. What are some tips for making successful phone calls to potential customers?

Be prepared and have a clear goal for the call. Listen actively to the customer and tailor your pitch to their needs. Also, be respectful of their time and don't be afraid to follow up if they seem interested.

3. How important is it to have a script or outline for a phone call?

Having a script or outline can be helpful, especially for new consultants. It can provide structure and confidence, but be sure to not sound too rehearsed and allow for flexibility in the conversation.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when making phone calls for my Pampered Chef business?

Avoid sounding too pushy or salesy, as this can turn off potential customers. Also, be sure to have a clear understanding of your products and business so you can answer any questions confidently.

5. How can I make my phone calls more personal and less like a sales pitch?

Take the time to get to know your potential customers and find common interests. This can help make the conversation more natural and genuine. Also, be sure to focus on building a relationship rather than just making a sale.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
  • AnnaPChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AnnaPChef
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies