• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting My Disappointment from a Low-Attended Show

In summary, the speaker had three shows in December and the third one was today. The host had invited 30 people but only her daughter, daughter-in-law, and two friends showed up. Later, two more friends showed up and the host was upset. The show only made $300, which is $400 short of the goal. The speaker's newsletter is going out soon and she hopes to get some more orders. However, she usually doesn't have much success with incentives. She also had a mystery host show earlier in the month with only two orders. The speaker is feeling overwhelmed with her upcoming tasks and had hoped her sales would have been better by now. Another person in the conversation had a disappointing show and suggests making customer care calls to
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
Well, I had 3 shows in December. Just had the third one today. The host said she invited 30 and they all said they were coming. I know she called to remind them and she was calling some as I was setting up too.

Her daughter, dil, and 2 friends showed up sort of on time. Then as I was packing up to leave :eek: 2 more friends showed. The host was very upset and I felt bad for her. She took 10 more catalogs and said she was going to be seeing several of them and would ask them to order but would return any extra catalogs to me. The show is at $300 - I was really counting on this show to get me to at least $1500 for the PC$$ promotion! At this point it puts me at $1250 but that includes $150 from November so I am currently $400 short:cry:. ...never put all your eggs in one basket (well, I didn't - I had additional shows that cancelled/rescheduled - but that's another whine).

My newsletter is going out either tomorrow or Monday and I will offer some kind of incentive but I usually get very little response from that kind of thing - even when I followup with a call. I did a mystery host show at the start of the month and only 2 people ordered - if I hadn't had orders to add to it I couldn't even have submitted it as a show - so an open house is not a choice!

Thanks for letting me vent - I just feel :yuck:

Oh, well... I just need to get on the phone and keep working my business. Well, this coming week will be hell - I have to empty and paint 2 rooms in less than 7 days before the new carpeting comes in.

So, I think my real stress is that I am overwhelmed with all I have to do in the next week and I had hoped that my sales would have been taken care of by today. lol

bethcooks4u said:
Well, I had 3 shows in December. Just had the third one today. The host said she invited 30 and they all said they were coming. I know she called to remind them and she was calling some as I was setting up too.

Her daughter, dil, and 2 friends showed up sort of on time. Then as I was packing up to leave :eek: 2 more friends showed. The host was very upset and I felt bad for her. She took 10 more catalogs and said she was going to be seeing several of them and would ask them to order but would return any extra catalogs to me. The show is at $300 - I was really counting on this show to get me to at least $1500 for the PC$$ promotion! At this point it puts me at $1250 but that includes $150 from November so I am currently $400 short:cry:. ...never put all your eggs in one basket (well, I didn't - I had additional shows that cancelled/rescheduled - but that's another whine).

My newsletter is going out either tomorrow or Monday and I will offer some kind of incentive but I usually get very little response from that kind of thing - even when I followup with a call. I did a mystery host show at the start of the month and only 2 people ordered - if I hadn't had orders to add to it I couldn't even have submitted it as a show - so an open house is not a choice!

Thanks for letting me vent - I just feel :yuck:

Oh, well... I just need to get on the phone and keep working my business. Well, this coming week will be hell - I have to empty and paint 2 rooms in less than 7 days before the new carpeting comes in.

So, I think my real stress is that I am overwhelmed with all I have to do in the next week and I had hoped that my sales would have been taken care of by today. lol

December aways seems to be tough. I'm so sorry you had a disappointing show. Don't give up on that newsetter. Mine went out (without pictures) and resulted in a phone call from someone I hadn't heard from in almost 2 years! I have to call back to get her order tomorrow. I would make those customer care calls - betting alot of companies would get orders this week if they'd follow up with me (been looking through catalogs and picking things out - I'll never call and order)... Good luck!

I had a show last night too ... expecting AT LEAST 12 ... 40 minute drive ... had 3 ... well 5 if you include the host's husband and another guest's husband.

It seems the smaller the show, the more tired I am because I try to work harder to make the host feel better when she doesn't have a great turnout.

finley1991 said:
I had a show last night too ... expecting AT LEAST 12 ... 40 minute drive ... had 3 ... well 5 if you include the host's husband and another guest's husband.

It seems the smaller the show, the more tired I am because I try to work harder to make the host feel better when she doesn't have a great turnout.

So true!:sick::rolleyes:

Hang in there, Beth. It's a smaller month for me, too. I always strive for $4000 but will fall a little short this month. After a $7400+ November, it's a little bummer....

Also, I have had a lot of online orders this year (some big, some small), but they do add up.

I have also contacted some of my Hosts husbands to let them know of that "one special item" that would go great with what their wife got for FREE at their show....it's led to a few orders....

Keep working, the month isn't over til it's over!! :)

Awesome job in November Janice!!! You go girl! :)

I just made it! :party: I have gone over the $1500 in December sales mark! This is half of my minimum goal per month but considering how my calendar ended up this month I am happy! PC$$ WOO HOO!!

...now any additional sales will be gravy and will add to my "bonus"!!:sun:

I am very happy with my $1700 December. My goal was $1250 and the dish -then I remembered about the pc$$ promo. I made lots of calls and sent out 3 December emails to my customer base. Plus the awful weather here in Wisconsin this month has made phone and online orders very popular!

Way to go Beth!My December was surprising. I had a $1000 show and $700 in sales leads, so that helped. I'll end up with about $4k when all is said and done.Now January is another story.....and like you, Beth, life has been a little busy so I haven't worked the phones like I should. I will be doing lots of praying and try to make as many calls as I can. :)

Wow, awesome numbers everyone! Is it me or does it seem that we've gotten the director HO lead orders more than last year? That's what it seems like to me. I suppose I can go look it up.

I'm VERY happy with my December. I think it's my best December yet. My total sales so far are about $5000 for the month. That includes some from my 11/29 and 11/30 shows. So, for the PC dollar incentive, I'll have at least $3259!! Woo hoo. I love free PC dollars. Maybe even more will come through on my website from those desperate last-minute shoppers who don't care about the extra shipping!! My December shows were suprisingly good. Out of 4, two were at $970 and $777! And I got January shows booked from just about all of them.:chef:

Keep those HO orders coming! Mine are at $652 so far this month. I LOVE THAT!!!

DebbieJ said:
Now January is another story.....and like you, Beth, life has been a little busy so I haven't worked the phones like I should. I will be doing lots of praying and try to make as many calls as I can. :)

I'm glad I'm not the ONLY one in this boat! :D I need to work the phone more too!

December turned out great... With only 3 live shows and lots of orders, it's ended up being a $3k+ month for me! My goal is to have each month be $3k or more personally. Actually my goal in 2008 is to double that but I'll take this for now!!!!

1. Why was my show poorly attended?

There could be a variety of reasons for a low-attended show. It could be due to poor timing or scheduling conflicts, lack of promotion or communication, unfavorable weather conditions, or personal reasons of the guests. It's important to evaluate these factors and make adjustments for future shows.

2. How can I express my disappointment without offending my guests?

It's understandable to feel disappointed when your show doesn't have a good turnout. However, it's important to approach the situation with a positive and understanding attitude. You can express your disappointment by thanking those who did attend and mentioning that you were looking forward to seeing more guests. Avoid placing blame or making guests feel guilty for not attending.

3. Should I still try to make sales at a low-attended show?

Absolutely! Every show, no matter how many guests attend, is an opportunity to showcase our products and make sales. Even if there are only a few guests, make the most of it by providing a personalized and engaging experience. Who knows, they may even refer you to their friends and family for future shows.

4. How can I prevent a low-attended show in the future?

One of the best ways to prevent a low-attended show is to plan and promote it well in advance. Utilize social media, send out personalized invitations, and follow up with guests to confirm their attendance. It's also important to choose a convenient date and time for your guests and provide options for those who may not be able to attend in person.

5. What can I do to make the most of a low-attended show?

There are many ways to make the most of a low-attended show. You can offer special deals or discounts to encourage guests to make purchases, provide interactive and hands-on demonstrations of our products, and take the opportunity to build relationships with the guests who did attend. This can lead to future bookings and referrals, making the show a success despite the low turnout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bethsbiz
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • dannyzmom
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • amy07