• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Former Director Showing Lack of Respect for My Business?

In summary, a former consultant/director called and asked to do a show, set a date, and then called to move the date to a catalog show and then asked for more supplies. The director emailed and called with encouragement and reminders, but the consultant did not respond nor reply to questions. The consultant came into the place where the director works and said "oh, hi", asked how the catalog show was coming and to be sure to take catalgos to the family dinner. The director said "oh, I guess I should have called you, my mind is really not on Pampered Chef right now and
bethsbiz
Gold Member
I have to unload so here goes. My former director, who relinquished and left PC about 8 months ago, called in September and asked to do a show. Set a date. Got a pack, with extra catalogs for her "family who was missing PC". She called and rescheduled to a catalog show and then called again to move it to November. Requested more supplies.

I have emailed and called with encouragement and reminders to work her show over the holidays when her family is in town and that we'll get together after Thanksgiving to close it up.

Vent? Yesterday she came into the place where I work . She clearly wasn't wanting to talk to me but said, "oh, hi". I asked how her catalog show was coming and to be sure to take catalgos to the family dinner I knew was coming up. She said "oh, I guess I should have called you, my mind is really not on Pampered Chef right now and actaully my niece is re signing up so I'm going to do a show with her."

"GUESS I SHOULD HAVE CALLED YOU????" WHATTTTTT!!! This isn't a clueless host...this is a former consultant/director who knows the drill and who called ME to set and then change dates. Fortunately I am not counting on her show/sales for my main incentive goals of a) earning my level II trip and b) earning level 2 of the sell a thon, but STILL.

Yes, she's done with PC as a biz, but she did this successfully for over 5 years and knows the drills. I was appalled and angry.

For the record, I'm happy her niece is going to sell again and I don't begrudge the booking going elsewhere. It is the lack of respect of my biz from someone who should care enough to communicate.

Geez.

Thanks for listening.

Just reading this made me mad for you. Oh well, I guess you know where that show stands. Did you ask her for the supplies back? She really owes them back to you.

I would be livid if I were you. I agree, you should ask for all of your supplies back.

She caught me so by surprise that I didn't ask then, but thought about it later. I do think I'll ask for them back....even if she doesn't get them to me, it will be a somewhat diplomatic reminder.

I can understand her supporting her niece....but NOT with the supplies you paid for....and I don't get her not having the courtesy to call you! (When was she going to tell you if she hadn't run into you?!)

That's so not right!

happypcgal said:
She caught me so by surprise that I didn't ask then, but thought about it later. I do think I'll ask for them back....even if she doesn't get them to me, it will be a somewhat diplomatic reminder.

Let us know how it goes...

I've emailed her a gentle request for any supplies back, no response but she's always been a very slow email person so I'm not surprised. I would call but I think my irritation would come thru so I'm going to do the chicken route.

Yes, it still amazes me that I only learned of her "change" when she ran into me, completely unplanned, at my place of work. I would have found out when I tried to set a close time for her catalog show (we had agreed to give her until after Thanksgiving cause of the big family get together where she was going to get orders...)...so I wouldn't have been clueless forever, but still...

I'll let y'all know when I hear from her.

This may be the last month that my director is my director. She was going to lose me Sept. 1 but my sales pulled her through to meet the requirements.

Since Aug, I've been doing around $3600 each month myself, so if she enters the relinquishment cycyle, it would be because of not having 5 or her personal sales not being $750. I have no way of knowing until I get my commission statement on Dec. 8th. UGH!

finley1991 said:
This may be the last month that my director is my director. She was going to lose me Sept. 1 but my sales pulled her through to meet the requirements.

Since Aug, I've been doing around $3600 each month myself, so if she enters the relinquishment cycyle, it would be because of not having 5 or her personal sales not being $750. I have no way of knowing until I get my commission statement on Dec. 8th. UGH!

How about calling her director??? I thought you had a pretty good relationship above your director~she might share that info with you knowing the circumstances!

chefmeg said:
How about calling her director??? I thought you had a pretty good relationship above your director~she might share that info with you knowing the circumstances!

Tried that. She won't tell me. She evades the question every time I ask.

Guess I'll wait and see! (Waiting is not my strongest virtue!)

My guess is that if your Director's Director won't tell you, your Director is on her way out.

ChefLisa said:
My guess is that if your Director's Director won't tell you, your Director is on her way out.

I'm sure you're right. I'll keep you all posted!

1. Who is "My Former Director"?

"My Former Director" refers to a previous director at Pampered Chef who is no longer with the company.

2. Why is there a need to vent about a former director?

Venting about a former director can help employees process their feelings and cope with any negative experiences they may have had with that individual.

3. Is it appropriate to publicly vent about a former director?

While it is understandable to want to share frustrations with others, it is important to maintain professionalism and avoid publicly venting about a former director. This can reflect poorly on both the individual and the company.

4. How can I handle any unresolved issues with my former director?

If you have any unresolved issues with your former director, it is best to address them directly with the individual or through appropriate channels within the company. Seeking closure and finding a resolution can help you move forward in a positive manner.

5. What should I do if I am still working with my former director's replacement?

If you are still working with your former director's replacement, it is important to maintain a professional attitude and focus on your current role. It is also helpful to communicate openly and effectively with your new director to ensure a smooth transition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• icerneaccorie
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamela
  • finley1991
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Inomiamenda