• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Happened with the Potential Home Show?

G
Gagescorpages
Okay- I will try to make this short.

On my way home from NDA I was delayed 1 hour. As I sat in the airport having a glass of wine, a young couple sat at the table next to me. They noticed my PC bag and the woman says how she's wanted to have a show, yada yada. We discover that we are flying home to the same airport and she only lives an hour from me. GREAT! Let's have a show!
I emailed her a few days later...no response.
No biggie.

I called her last night.
She answered.
I said "Hello ______?"
She said, "Yes, who's this?" sort of angrily.
I say "It's Susan Paz with PC - we met at the airport...."
and then I heard a CLICK.

After picking my chin up off the floor, I called back, thinking maybe she got disconnected. It was right to her voicemail.
Ummmmm.....seriously.....what the heck did I do wrong?

I know I should bless and release - but it's so aggravating!! And it does not make sense!!!

Thanks for listening. :)

I had an HO lead do that to me too. She was really nice the first time I called, second time she hung-up on me. Bless and release.

Some people are just stinkers.

I just don't get it, ya know???

Yep, Susan (waving!!), I know. I had a girl from a booth talk to me about doing a show--she filled out a drawing slip and I called her. She said, Yeah, I guess we can do a show in October--click. The phone went dead. I called right back, and it went right to voicemail. So I waited a couple of days, left a message with her mom. I finally got her on the phone about a week later--she didn't even let me finish saying hello--I'm just not going to be interested in doing that. I said, Okay, thanks, and she hung up--urgh!
Although, I have to say, it's better than people who book a show and then never answer their phone again--it's like they've gone into Witness Protection or something!! I'll be tomorrow you book two shows to make up for this one!!--Lisa

I have this happen a lot actually. When I'm out shopping, I talk to the Customer Service people about PC, give them a catalog and see if they'd like to host a show. I've had 3 now in the past 2 weeks that have said yes and call me tonight to book. Well I call them and they either don't answer or they hang up on me!

It's so odd.

The thing that really bothers me is that SHE was the one who mentioned about having a show. I know I need to get over it, but I am offended! I can't help but think "I did something wrong." She was so nice and we had such a nice conversation. :(

1. What happened with the potential home show?

The potential home show did not end up happening due to a lack of communication and follow-up from the host.

2. How did the idea for the home show come about?

The idea for the home show came about when the scientist met a young couple at the airport who expressed interest in hosting a show.

3. Why did the scientist email the couple and not receive a response?

The scientist did not receive a response to their email, most likely because the couple lost interest or forgot about the potential show.

4. What happened when the scientist called the couple?

When the scientist called the couple, the woman seemed angry and hung up on them without giving a reason.

5. What is the scientist's reaction to the situation?

The scientist is frustrated and confused by the lack of communication and abrupt response from the potential host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• icerneaccorie
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
icerneaccorie
  • dannyzmom
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • chefkathy