• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using a Laptop for Live Shows: Generating Original Sales Receipts

In summary, using a laptop at shows makes things easier. The director and my recruiter both use laptops, and they say that it makes things so much easier.
pkd09
Silver Member
I just ordered a laptop to take to my shows and have a question for those who also use one. How do you give the guest an original sales receipt (required for warranties)?

I print out my sales receipts from Pampered Partner using Pampered Partner receipt paper you can buy from the supply list.

I still use the write ins and they enter what they want, then I just enter the totals and give them a copy of that. For the outside orders I use the PP reciept paper.

I print them out with pampered partner. I mail them to the host (if the shipment is going to them) and have them put them in the bag with the products.

How do yo uall feel using a laptop at shows affects recruiting? I am concerned people will look at me and think "Well, I can't afford and dont opwn a laptop so i cant do this job"

I don't take my laptop with me. I leave it at home. I use the write in at the show so they have a copy of what they bought but I send the host all the receipts printed from Pampered Partner so it has what exactly the warranty is on that sheet. I think having my laptop might may a potiental recruit think that this job isn't for them and I don't want them thinking that. Now when I go to close the show to make it easier on me and the host I will bring my laptop so we can just enter what she wants straight into Pampered Partner.

dannyzmom said:
How do yo uall feel using a laptop at shows affects recruiting? I am concerned people will look at me and think "Well, I can't afford and dont opwn a laptop so i cant do this job"

My recruiter and very successful director (has like 40 some in her first line - and is close to becoming an advanced director) BOTH use laptops at shows. They say that it makes things so much easier. I bet though, you could still use the write ins (I will) and then get out the laptop when closing the show with the host after the guests leave. That, or just explain that a laptop is NOT necessary to be a consultant. I didn't get one until last Christmas (thanks hubby!) and I haven't taken it to a show yet. (long story there)

The reason I mentioned the success of my director was to point out that she hasn't scared anyone away! She rocks in the recruiting area, and so I wouldn't worry too much about how a laptop would look! Besides, one of the perks I mention to becoming a consultant is the tax write-offs! We got a lot back b/c of this little machine! (Using it now! :p )

Just my 2 cents... :)

I use the write in receipts at the show, and include the PP receipts on PC paper in the thank you for my host.

I love my laptop. Shows are so much easier since I started bringing it with me.

The best tip I can give is, back up all your work on a backup drive from your desktop and then enter them into your laptop before you enter any new shows. This was you will have all of your show in one place.

1. How can I generate original sales receipts using a laptop for live shows?

To generate original sales receipts using a laptop for live shows, you can use a spreadsheet program like Excel or Google Sheets. Simply enter the necessary information, such as the customer's name, items purchased, and prices, and the program will automatically generate a receipt for you.

2. Do I need special software to generate sales receipts on my laptop during live shows?

No, you do not need special software to generate sales receipts on your laptop during live shows. As mentioned, a simple spreadsheet program will suffice. However, there are also specialized sales receipt software programs available that may offer more features and customization options.

3. Can I personalize the sales receipts generated on my laptop?

Yes, you can personalize the sales receipts generated on your laptop. With most spreadsheet programs, you can customize the layout, font, and color of your receipts to match your branding. You can also add your company logo or a personalized message to the receipts.

4. Is it possible to generate sales receipts on my laptop without an internet connection?

Yes, it is possible to generate sales receipts on your laptop without an internet connection. As long as you have a spreadsheet program installed on your laptop, you can create and save receipts even without an internet connection. However, if you need to email or print the receipts, an internet connection may be required.

5. How do I keep track of the sales receipts generated on my laptop?

To keep track of the sales receipts generated on your laptop, you can create a folder on your computer specifically for storing and organizing your receipts. You can also use a bookkeeping or accounting software to track your sales and manage your receipts electronically. Additionally, it's always a good idea to keep physical copies of your receipts for record-keeping purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cindylpal
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • MissChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • Halle-Doodle