• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Attn: People Who Take Their Laptops to Shows!!

In summary, the conversation is about the different types of receipts used by consultants for their orders. Some use triplicate forms at parties which guests can take home, while others opt for printing receipts at home or using the company's PP+ receipts for outside orders and catalog shows. There is also a discussion about the practicality and preference of using triplicate forms versus printing receipts at home. Some consultants also keep copies of the receipts for their records, while others give them to the guests or hosts. There is also mention of using laptops at parties to enter orders directly into the computer. Overall, the conversation highlights the importance of providing receipts and finding a system that works best for each individual consultant.
MissChef
Gold Member
I'm not sure where to ask this question at! So I will put it here!
My hubby bought me a laptop for Christmas!! Yay!!:thumbup::D:sing:y
My question is about receipts...
What type of receipts do you use, if you are entering their orders right into the computer? I've heard of people just printing out the outside order form, but my question would be, who gets it then when your done?! lol! I feel that I need to give them a receipt, but then again, they should get one... just wondering if you spend the money on the company's duplicate receipts? or not! My show is at 11:00 today, so as quick a reply as you can, would be soooo appreciated!
Thanks in Advance!!!:balloon:

I mean, I feel that they should get a receipt, but shouldn't I have a hard copy too!?!

I end up using the triplicate form at the show, but then I print out one of the "official" ones fromi PP+...I know that's duplicating, but I prefer a printed receipt, so that's what I give my customers.

I have seen consultant created outside order forms that have a little cut off portion for the customer to take with them that shows how much they paid, but I don't have a copy of those with me right now (on my home computer, and I'm out of town for a week)...

HTH!

I don't give them a receipt at the party. I use the Outside Order Form. I usually keep it b/c I don't take the time to enter all their info at the party. If someone really wants it, I enter their info and give it to them. Then I print receipts at home and send them with the Thank You letter. I am rethinking this, however, as I go through a TON of ink (order forms and receipts). I might start using the 3-part form. The reason I like doing the way I am now is all the information is on the receipt when it prints, specials, freebies, show #, etc.

Sandi

I use the triplicate forms at the show... ppl like to walk away with something. I use the companies pp+ receipts for outside orders and catalog shows.

I use the triplicate version. They get the top copy and I get one of the other copies.

I use the triplicate at the shows too. I am planning to start sending Thank You notes with a printed p3 receipt to them after the show submits (liked the Jan CN article about the Thank you's...pg 18 of this month's CN- for those that scanned but didn't read. :D). But I'll keep using the Triplicates...it gives them something to take home and review if need be.I figured the P3 receipts are smaller/easier to file...plus..overtime, they won't be harder to read like the carbon receipts can be. I have stacks of them from when I've purchased products (jewelry, PC, etc), and some are difficult to read now. PLUS- they have ALL the information about the show they'd ever need- my Cons. #, the Host name, date, show number, etc.....if I ever leave the company or move on, or they move on, etc....they won't have trouble getting customer service on their items- as long as they keep their receipts (which I know is a tall order, but hey, they're adults- most of them ;) ).

thanks everyone!!! I think I'm going to do the triplicate forms... I know I like to have a receipt when I go to home shows, I also review what I order!
Aganin everyone, thanks for the feedback!

I use triplicate and take my laptop. Guest gets white, I keep yellow & host gets pink (sometimes, depends on my ambition/memory level). I honestly can't be bothered printing all the receipts. If the guest already wrote it down, why recreate the wheel? PLUS then no one can say that they didn't get what they wanted or assume I changed something...it's their handwriting. If they goof, I know its not my fault. I just always ensure I can read the yellow copy before I give the top copy to the guest.

I started with the OOF but I had many guests that said "Don't I get a receipt?" So thats when I made the change and I doubt I'll change in the future. I'm all about less work for me. (not sounding lazy, I'm just very busy and need to keep things simple - oh and I'm super cheap with printer ink so that's another reason) hehe

chefcharity said:
I use the triplicate forms at the show... ppl like to walk away with something. I use the companies pp+ receipts for outside orders and catalog shows.

This is what I do. Unlike some consultants, I keep the top/white copy for myself so that I have the most legible information when I go back and enter their contact information (which I do NOT do at the party) into P3.

If I had a laptop with me for shows, I think I'd go about it the same way as not having one. I'd have the guests use the triplicate form. I'd enter in the items on the laptop at checkout to double check my math and such, and then give them a copy of the receipt. I'd print out the P3 receipts only for outside orders and the host. Ink really does get expensive, and so can having to buy the P3 receipts, too.

babywings76 said:
If I had a laptop with me for shows, I think I'd go about it the same way as not having one. I'd have the guests use the triplicate form. I'd enter in the items on the laptop at checkout to double check my math and such, and then give them a copy of the receipt. I'd print out the P3 receipts only for outside orders and the host. Ink really does get expensive, and so can having to buy the P3 receipts, too.

This is actually how I do it..but I do love having my laptop at my shows with me..helps me to remember everything..and that way I don't mess up my math.

What is the best way to protect my laptop while taking it to shows?

The best way to protect your laptop at shows is to invest in a durable laptop case or sleeve. This will help protect your laptop from any bumps or scratches while you are transporting it to and from shows.

How can I ensure the safety of my laptop while at a show?

Always keep your laptop with you or in a secure location while at a show. Avoid leaving it unattended or in a visible area where it could be easily stolen. It is also a good idea to password protect your laptop to prevent unauthorized access.

What should I do if my laptop gets damaged at a show?

If your laptop gets damaged at a show, contact the show organizers or venue staff immediately. They may have resources available to help with repairs or reimbursements. It is also a good idea to have insurance for your laptop in case of any accidents.

How can I make sure my laptop stays charged while at a show?

Be sure to bring your laptop charger and look for outlets or charging stations at the show venue. You can also invest in a portable charger or power bank to ensure your laptop stays charged throughout the day.

Are there any guidelines or rules for using laptops at shows?

It is always best to check with the show organizers or venue staff for any specific guidelines or rules regarding laptop usage at the show. Some shows may have restrictions on where laptops can be used or require certain security measures.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • cindylpal
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • vtolin