• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long Do You Keep Original Sales Receipts?

In summary, you usually keep sales receipts for a max of 30 days, print a receipt if someone needs one, and then shred them after a month. You tend to wait until everything is received by the customer before shredding them. You have a stash of receipts that goes back 6 months. You are thinking of getting rid of your receipts because of the CC info that is no longer available.
susanr613
Gold Member
I have over a year's worth of original sales receipts and am itching to shred and toss. I figure I can always print a receipt if someone needs to return something.

What do you usually do?

Thanks!!

I keep them, a max, 30 days. And I only keep them that amount of time to give the host time to deliver the product. Why keep them? If you need to print off another copy of a sales receipt, you can.

If you have the itch, scratch it! Shred away!I very rarely refer to sales receipts anymore. I have a stash that goes about 6 mths back right now because I'm behind in my shredding. Guess what I'm doing during Christmas break???

wow am i behind the curve or what?!? Thanks for the permission to scratch, um, shred :)

LOL! I just shredded all of last years TODAY!!! It is part of my new years resolution (yes, I like to start early!) I plan on keeping them for 1 month then shred them!!! Less paperwork = less messy office! ;)

Wow....I have 5 years worth of sales receipts...hmmm that's only 462 shows worth LOL! Guess what I am now doing after my last show this month?

wow... I don't keep them at all. I get them entered into PP3 and then I wait for the show to go through fine and then out they go. Gosh I couldn't imagine to save all of those. Then what I do is print the show summary and file that away and since it is condenced down compared to all of those reciepts.

I tend to wait until everything's received by the customers, just in case there's a problem. After that, they're gone.

Am I missing something?? Are we talking about receipts for our customers??

I am a pack rat but have never thought about keeping paper receipts for the customers. I print them out and mail them to the host. I save the pdf file of the receipts. I also keep the pdf file of the Show Summary and Payment Overview.

Now, MY receipts?? I am almost certain I still have every PC receipt I have gotten....

I don't keep them at all for my customers - they're on the computer if I need to reprint them. My own receipts, I keep until the warranty expires.

The only reason I find it helpful to keep them anymore is the CC info. Since P3 blocks out the numbers now, customers can no longer say "just put it on my card." But if I have their receipt with the number written on it.....

lovenpc said:
Wow....I have 5 years worth of sales receipts...hmmm that's only 462 shows worth LOL! Guess what I am now doing after my last show this month?

:D I have 7.5 years worth. . .500+ shows.

I know, it's time to shred the paperwork.

And it's time to switch to P3. (oh, that makes me queasy just typing it.)

DebbieJ said:
The only reason I find it helpful to keep them anymore is the CC info. Since P3 blocks out the numbers now, customers can no longer say "just put it on my card." But if I have their receipt with the number written on it.....

I don't keep them at all after I have turned the show in. Only one time have I needed them this year and luckily I still had that one. As for the credit card info, if I have someone that tells me to keep their card on file I will put the info in the notes section of my contact editor but other than that I just tell people I know longer have access to their card and they don't mind at all. Most people prefer you not keep it. I think I may have three people in there as repeat card users that have asked me to hang onto it.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that has kept 6 years worth. I've been wondering too if it is safe just to get rid of them. I don't think we need to keep them for an audit, if it should ever happen, since we are independent contractors, we get a 1099 from PC, and don't carry inventory. Anyone an accountant? Can you please confirm my thinking? Thanks.

1. How long should I keep my original sales receipts from Pampered Chef?

It is recommended to keep your original sales receipts from Pampered Chef for at least one year. This will allow enough time for any returns or exchanges to be made if necessary.

2. Can I get a refund or exchange without my original sales receipt?

While it is always best to keep your original sales receipt, we understand that things happen. In certain cases, we may be able to process a refund or exchange without the receipt. Please contact our customer service team for more information.

3. Do I need to keep my original sales receipts for warranty purposes?

Yes, it is important to keep your original sales receipts for warranty purposes. In the event that you need to make a warranty claim, the original receipt will serve as proof of purchase.

4. How should I store my original sales receipts?

We recommend keeping your original sales receipts in a safe and organized place. You may want to consider using a folder or envelope specifically for Pampered Chef receipts, or storing them digitally in a secure location.

5. Can I request a copy of my original sales receipt from Pampered Chef?

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide copies of original sales receipts. It is important to keep your own records for your purchases from Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Halle-Doodle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Halle-Doodle
  • Cooking with Nicole
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Tracy99