• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upload Photos, PDFs & ZIPs Directly to CS Posts!

In summary, users can now upload photos directly from their computer to the forum through the Advanced Editor. This feature is also available in the User CP under Pictures & Albums, where users can create an album, upload photos, and copy the BB code to place them in their posts. It is also possible to link a photo from an outside source using the vBulletin code and a photo repository such as Photobucket. Additionally, the forum's administrators have the ability to limit certain features, such as profanity and photo signatures. They also have the option to add more emoticons. There is also a sequel to the popular book and musical "Wicked" called "Son of a Witch."
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
UPDATE: You can now upload photos to CS directly from your computer. (See post #25 and also see the end of this post.) The uploading is done from the Advanced Editor, not the Quick Post. The other methods listed here also work just fine.

A couple of you have asked how to place a photograph right in a post. It isn't directly possible in vBulletin, but it does support remote linking and display. So you can link a photo from an outside source, for example, here's the stir fry pan from TPC's website.
2864_200.jpg

If you right-click on the image, and click on Properties, you can see the source of the photograph link. If you click "Quote" you'll see the vBulletin code used to link an image into your message - square brackets around the letters IMG, which I can't show you because vBulletin will think I'm putting in an image link. In between the open [ IMG] and the closing [ /IMG] is the link to the photo. (Take the space out when you want to use the code.) You can use the IMAGE button above your post, the one that looks like a postcard.

To put your own photos into a posting, you need to find a repository for your photos. I used a site called Photobucket, at Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket where you can create an account and place your photos there. Photobucket will actually copy the link to your clipboard so you can paste it directly into a post.

For example, The Kat Lady and I went to see Wicked at Chicago's Ford Oriental Theatre. We went on Halloween, so The Kat Lady went as Elphaba (the Wicked Witch of the West) and I went as The Phantom of the Opera. Here's what we looked like, courtesy of Photobucket:

Elphaba_and_Phantom.jpg

So, that's the secret! Create an account at a photo repository and link back to your posts.

UPDATE!

Since the upgrade to CS, you can now place photos in your photo albums and place them into your posts.

1. In the User CP, click on Pictures & Albums.
  2. Create an album.
  3. Upload your photos.
  4. Copy the BB text of your album photo and paste the text into your post where you want the photo to appear.

This method means you don't have to use photobucket, but there is a limit to the number of photos you can put in your album. By copying the BB text, you don't have to click on the photo icon, either, saving a step.

Like this:

the_kitchen_guy-albums-my-favorite-bridges-picture241-6th-street-arch-i-have-no-idea-what-kind-creature-whimsical-sculpture-represents-but-its-mouth-outlet-storm-water-sculptures-like-span-bridge-both-sides.jpg

The photo is in my Bridges album if you'd like to go see it.

You can also now upload photos directly from your computer in the advanced editor, along with PDF and Zip files:

Attachments

• MyHelper1.jpg
    MyHelper1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:
You know, I'm on other boards and I was wondering why some people don't have photo siggies and I figured that they don't allow it on this board. Good to know you can have one!

Thanks KG. I'll have to work on this one.

SilverCeladon said:
You know, I'm on other boards and I was wondering why some people don't have photo siggies and I figured that they don't allow it on this board. Good to know you can have one!
vBulletin allows administrators a lot of leeway in what is and what is not acceptable. This site has less than half of the available emoticons and it doesn't allow profanity, so if you call someone a horse's donkey, it comes out horse's *** and the funniest one I've seen was Ann talking about shopping for a ****tail dress. (If you go to conference, look we up and we'll go out for roostertails after the meetings.)

I don't think this site allows photos in the sig lines. I've got a cute little Scottish Terrier that runs back and forth across my sig line on a different vBulleitn site I'm on, but he doesn't run here.

I actually knew who you were talking about! Elphaba! I just read Wicked. :D

See Wicked for more about the musical!

If you liked the book, you'll love the musical...and be sure to read the sequel, Son of A Witch!

A courtesy bump for those who have asked about photos in posts.

Bumping! Thanks KG!!

ALso, how do you resize a pic to be smaller? Can I do that on Photobucket.com?

I answered my own question!! Yes, you can resize it to be smaller!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
A couple of you have asked how to place a photograph right in a post. It isn't directly possible in vBulletin, but it does support remote linking and display. So you can link a photo from an outside source, for example, here's the stir fry pan from TPC's website.
2864_200.jpg

If you rght-click on the image, you'll see the vBulletin code to put in an image - square brackets around the letters IMG, which I can't show you because vBulletin will think I'm putting in an image link. In between the open [ IMG] and the closing [ /IMG] is the link to the photo. (Take the space out when you want to use the code.) You can use the IMAGE button above your post, the one that looks like a postcard.

To put your own photos into a posting, you need to find a repository for your photos. I used a site called Photobucket, at Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket where you can create an account and place your photos there. Photobucket will actually copy the link to your clipboard so you can paste it directly into a post.

For example, The Kat Lady and I went to see Wicked at Chicago's Ford Oriental Theatre. We went on Halloween, so The Kat Lady went as Elphaba (the Wicked Witch of the West) and I went as The Phantom of the Opera. Here's what we looked like, courtesy of Photobucket:

So, that's the secret! Create an account at a photo repository and link back to your posts.
When I right click on the photo I do not see: the vBulletin code to put in an image - square brackets around the letters IMG, which I can't show you because vBulletin will think I'm putting in an image link. In between the open [ IMG] and the closing [ /IMG] is the link to the photo.

I even went to the PC website and tried on a different pic. I don't understand why we have to go to this photobucket place. I guess I should just give in and try. But...:confused:

Beth, you are correct. If you right-click on the image, you can look at Properties and see the source of the photo.If you click QUOTE you will see the vBulletin code used to insert a photograph.The reason you need Photobucket, or some other repository for photographs, is as a source for CS. You cannot directly post a photograph into CS, you can only link to an outside source.I will edit the original entry.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Beth, you are correct. If you right-click on the image, you can look at Properties and see the source of the photo.

If you click QUOTE you will see the vBulletin code used to insert a photograph.

The reason you need Photobucket, or some other repository for photographs, is as a source for Chef Success. You cannot directly post a photograph into CS, you can only link to an outside source.

I will edit the original entry.
Thanks!

I have a lot of pictures on my picturetrail website (link in my signature) and for some reason I can copy it but it won't let me paste it into a post here. Why is that?? Guess I am confused.

momoftwins said:
I have a lot of pictures on my picturetrail website (link in my signature) and for some reason I can copy it but it won't let me paste it into a post here. Why is that?? Guess I am confused.

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL817/1812558/17980635/298009112.jpg

Thanks KG - after rereading your post I figured it out!!!!! WOO HOO!!

Finally broke down and went to Photobucket to load some of my photos. I'll give it a try . . .
LlamaMomma.jpg

Alpaca my bag to go get my teeth back.

Help!

I just posted my first picture in the Baking Today thread using Photobucket. In Photobucket my picture is sized at 640x480, but in my post it is showing much larger at 768x1024. What am I doing wrong? The picture is too big!

You can resize images when you upload them to photobucket - see the little pop-up under the browse window?You can also edit the image right in photobucket. Just above the thumbnail, you'll see four links
--> Move | Tag | Edit | Share | Delete <--
click on Edit and you'll be taken to the photo editor, where you can downsize the image along with several other effects you can apply.

I did resize it once I went into Photobucket. The picture is smaller in Photobucket, but when I post it here, it shows up larger!

It might be because in photobucket the picture was shown at 75% (or less) - you can choose (near the right hand side) how you want it to appear on your screen, so maybe it looked smaller than it really is on photobucket. Obviously if it was saying 100% then this isn't the case!! Or maybe you didn't save the change when you re-sized it.

Don't look for me to be posting pics.... I still can't figure out the smiles

Good Grief

Grrrr! Ya mean I gotta get a photo bucket account?

Bumping this so I can find it later ... no time now!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Grrrr! Ya mean I gotta get a photo bucket account?

Bumping this so I can find it later ... no time now!

You can load some pictures on CS now...

Don't think so, this pic is straight off my computer. Thanks to Greg's last update.

My daughter Kayla and country singer Josh Turner

I can ad pics, but still can't figure out smiles

Attachments

• joshKaylaSMALL.jpg
    joshKaylaSMALL.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
Lotsa changes...

But the old way still works, too, in case you want to bring in an image from somewhere other than your computer.

kitty.gif

Or...you can now upload directly from your computer in the advanced editor.

Attachments

• funny-pictures-electrical-socket-cat.jpg
    funny-pictures-electrical-socket-cat.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 406
The nice thing about photobucket is we bog their servers, not take up Greg's storage space on his.

I like doing it the "photobucket way" cuz the pictures are bigger and easier to see without clicking on them!

janetupnorth said:
The nice thing about photobucket is we bog their servers, not take up Greg's storage space on his.

True, hadn't thought of that, will have to go back to photobucket.

cwinter474 said:
Don't think so, this pic is straight off my computer. Thanks to Greg's last update.

My daughter Kayla and country singer Josh Turner

I can ad pics, but still can't figure out smiles

Wow! I love Josh Turner! he's a hottie!:D

PampMomof3 said:
Wow! I love Josh Turner! he's a hottie!:D

Oh, believe me we know. He is a sweetie, Kayla was picked from his website for the "meet and great" they only choose 10 people. She had a BLAST, put got upset because she blanked out once she got next to him and was hardly able to speak. Got a autographed 8x10 as well.

OK, let's see if this works ...

Attachments

• The Stuff!.jpg
    The Stuff!.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 555
Bumping for JAE...so she can post her cartoon!

1-1.gif
Some of you have asked about how to add photos to your posts here. This old thread explains it, including the update that you can actually post photos here now - at the time The Photo Thread was started, photos could only be hotlinked to your posts.I hotlink photos every day. If you look at the daily update threads, you'll see photos from several different sources.

Thanks KG! Your posts are always informative and helpful!

OK, I'm feeling really old and computer illiterate right now....I have some pictures I need to send someone in a private post. Got pictures downloaded on my computer, but just don't get how to get them into that post!! Could someone please help me, with really specific steps? lol
Sooo grateful!! Thanks a million!!

I don't think you can send photos in a private message here. You either upload them to the public forum or you could e-mail them to the person via their regular e-mail account.If you have the photos on a server like photobucket, you can click on the last link below the photo and insert it directly into the text of your PM message here on Chef Success, but you have to have the photo on a server somewhere (which means public photos) to do that. The only way to privately send photos where others can not see would be your regular e-mail to the receiver's private e-mail. ;)

You might consider building an album here on your profile page. You can make it private, open only to your contacts. Feel free to visit my profile page and see if you can see three, or only two, albums. There's four there, actually.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You might consider building an album here on your profile page. You can make it private, open only to your contacts. Feel free to visit my profile page and see if you can see three, or only two, albums. There's four there, actually.

How do I build an album? I actually found the place for it, but couldn't figure out how to get my pictures in there from my computer! Thanks!:confused:

Paula R. Lewis said:
How do I build an album?

First, go to your profile page and look for the key that says "Album" and click on it. You'll be taken to the page that shows your existing albums. Click on "Add Album".

the_kitchen_guy-albums-bucket-picture1743-screen-shot-1.jpg

A dialog box will pop up where you can name your album and add a description. Pick the appropriate radio button, below the text box, to select the security you would like for your album. Private means only you can see it, along with your friends and, of course, those with administrator rights. (The admins know all, see all.)

the_kitchen_guy-albums-bucket-picture1744-screen-shot-2.jpg

Click "Submit" and you will get a screen that allows you to upload photos from your computer.

the_kitchen_guy-albums-bucket-picture1745-screen-shot-3.jpg

Click "Browse" to select pics from the appropriate folder that is on your system, either double-click on the image, or click once to select it and then click "Open" to add the photo of your choice. Continue this procedure until you have uploaded all the photos you would like in your album, then click "Upload Pictures".

the_kitchen_guy-albums-bucket-picture1746-screen-shot-4.jpg

After you have clicked on "Upload Photos" you will be taken to a screen that allows you to add captions to the photos. When you are done editing captions, click "Save Changes" and your new album will be ready for viewing.

the_kitchen_guy-albums-bucket-picture1747-screen-shot-5.jpg

That's it! It's really that easy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefkugler
  • PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
Replies