• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Got a Lump of Coal for Christmas

In summary, KG got dish towels, bathroom towels, and coffee accessories for Christmas, just like she requested. Her family got her a regular George Foreman grill instead of the "new" George Foreman grill she wanted. Her mother gets her a scarf, hat, and mittens set every year.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
For real...
IM001170.jpg
I found this in West Virginia, where a guy takes coal powder, mixes it with a resin of some kind and pours it into molds.This is a 1929 Model A Cabriolet...just like Sonja! (You can see her portrait, in the photo section here, by clicking on the link below.)What did the rest of you get for Christmas?

Last edited:
THat is great KG!!! I am glad you are feeling well enough to be uploading pictures!

I got a Wireless number keypad for my laptop. So far thats it till we head to my folks this afternoon.

That's awesome KG!! How are you feeling?

This year I decided to take the modest route. I figured if I ask small, maybe they will be generous and buy big. So, when the questions came around to "what do you want for Christmas, Darb?" I always responded kindly with, "Oh, I could really use some dish towels, or bathroom towels" or "Hmmm...maybe some nice coffee accessories." Well, for the first time in my entire life, I got what I asked for. :) Everyone bought me dish towls, bath towels and coffee.:rolleyes: But, I love all of it...cause I REALLY NEEDED dish towls, bathroom towlels and coffee! Maybe next year, if my family seems to be on a roll, I will ask for diamonds...:eek:

Merry Christmas to all and to all...a FULL BELLY!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
With my fingers. You?

Quoting the famous words of Olympia, "Spoken like a true smarta**"

Soooo glad to see you are back yourself......

Nice LUMP you got there.....!! Truly a nice piece of work. Did you buy it for yourself or for someone else then decide to keep it for yourself??:D

I bought it for me...since I happened to be in West Virginia at the time. ;)

thechefofnorthbend said:
*snipped* "Oh, I could really use some dish towels, or bathroom towels" or "Hmmm...maybe some nice coffee accessories." Well, for the first time in my entire life, I got what I asked for. :) Everyone bought me dish towls, bath towels and coffee.:rolleyes: But, I love all of it...cause I REALLY NEEDED dish towls, bathroom towlels and coffee!

Too funny girl!! I just told my dad that I bought bath towels with the GC he gave to us. I really needed them as well. Last ones were stinky and rough looking. I love having fluffy new towels. But, how funny that your family got you exactly what you wanted, lol!!

Sheleeno said:
Too funny girl!! I just told my dad that I bought bath towels with the GC he gave to us. I really needed them as well. Last ones were stinky and rough looking. I love having fluffy new towels. But, how funny that your family got you exactly what you wanted, lol!!
No, they got her exactly what she ASKED for, not what she WANTED. :eek:

(Lord knows, I've stepped into that bear trap enough times over the years.)

Funny!! My husband never has a clue what to get me even though he always says I'm easy to buy for. Ha!! I picked out my own necklace and he got me Christmas decorations (I love Rudolph and he got me a Santa and Ukon Conrnelius). I almost always get some kind of Christmas item, and he usually gives it to me early so I can use it right away so I never have anything to open :( Well, this year he sort of got the hint and at least wrapped them so I could open them. I guess we are making progress!

You guys sound just like me! I told my husband I wanted the "new" George Foreman grill, with all of the interchangable "plates". He didn't want to spend that much on one item, so he got me a giant regular George Foreman. As much as I appreciate the gesture, it's just not what I wanted. Last year, my husband got a Dunkin' Donuts gift set with coffee, mugs, and cute travel mugs and I asked my MIL for the same thing last year. Well, I got one last year, and another one this year! :) We only need so many Dunkin Donuts coffee mugs! And, for the fourth year in a row (she's only 6), my daughter got a scarf, hat and mittens set from my MIL! Other than the mittens, they really aren't things that needed replaced. She now has a Hello Kitty set, a Princess set, an Old Navy set, and this new knit set! I guess she'll never be too cold!!!!!!!!!!!!
I haven't complained to anyone else, because I don't want to sound selfish. We do appreciate the gifts, it is just funny! On the other hand, my mom tries to get everything we ask for. My kids got everything on their wish lists that we didn't get them! Now I have to go find room for it all.......................
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Have a safe New Year!

The Kat Lady and I agreed no large gifts this year because my car got a heart transplant, and that was plenty. But I also got a DVD of one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, The Producers and also a copy of Cars. (Of course, what guy doesn't want a trip to the ER for Christmas, too! How lucky can one guy be?)Just because we said no large gifts didn't mean I was going to live up to the bargain, though. Her favorite movie is Gone With The Wind, and I happened to be in Cadiz, Ohio earlier this week. Cadiz is the birthplace of Clark Gable, so I picked up a couple of things from the Clark Gable museum. But I also went back to Fenton Glass while I was in West Virginia, to visit the outlet/gift store, so The Kat Lady also received this...
GWTW_Lamp.jpg
The Fenton "Gone With The Wind" Cranberry Lamp. (She also got a lot of Fiesta dinnerware from the Homer Laughlin Outlet in Chester, WV. Those of you who know what Fiesta is will appreciate that fact.)Now, don't go thinking I'm such a great guy...this is to help soften her up so I won't be in too much trouble when I come home with another car someday soon. Our friends don't really like riding in a rumble seat, and I think we need a Model A sedan so our friends can ride in comfort.(From the Fenton Catalog, for those of you who are interested...Classic Cranberry is crafted with pure gold in the formula, providing a rich depth and color that radiates warmth and beauty. Each handcrafted Fenton Cranberry lamp is individually mouth blown and requires a team or "shop" of up to 25 skilled craftsmen to complete. A Gold Ruby bud is encased in a layer of crystal which is then blown into a mould which imparts a specific shape or pattern. Fenton Cranberry is a traditional example of American craftsmanship, destined to be treasured for generations.)

Last edited:
Wow-- you actually butter up the other half before you bring home a new car? My DH doesn't. I remember sitting at my desk one day, doing some surfing, wondering why he was late coming home from work, and I heard a loud horn from the driveway. It was DH in a "new" (to us) 1966 Lincoln convertible. And that was back when we only had a 2 car garage - it was car #6 at the time!
:DI got a bunch of stuff that I had on my Amazon wishlist (there was another thread about it): 3 Alton Brown cooking books, a book of Foxtrot comics, CDs, etc.
I gave DH a TV stand for the printer we just purchased (It's huge!) and a pair of earmuffs. The best thing I ever found for him was last year. I got him a German street sign from Roundabout Signs. He got the "End of Speed Limit" sign that's posted on the Autobahn. It came in a box that was 3 feet square, but only 1/2 inch deep. He had NO IDEA what was in it!

Ann, that's GREAT! You two must love the Mustang commerical of the Shelby being unloaded in Germany. I'd love to see that happen here, except Granny Goodwrench will never understand why she has to give up the left lane.Isn't it ironic - everywhere in the world, flashing headlights is a polite way of saying, "You're being overtaken by a faster vehicle, please move to the right," but over here, flashing lights gets you a ticket for aggressive driving. Why do so many people here hate cars and drivers?

That lamp is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!! Wow... I'd probably faint if my husband picked out something like that. Way to go... buttering her up or not... it's gorgeous!!!!!

TY, truth be told, I like art glass, too! ;) I picked up a piece of Carnival for myself, as long as I was there.

The best part about the day in Venice on my Italy trip a few years back was the demo/tour of a glass factory. It was gorgeous. I got a large (about 18") green glass parrot with real gold flecks in it. It doesn't look like either of my parrots (Beaker and Bunsen), so DH doesn't like it. But I think it's nice. :)

I'll bet he's easier to feed and clean up after, though.

Yep - he cleans up after himself and the birds.

I meant the glass parrot. ;)

Y'all are too funny!!
LOL...I got an I-Pod....an indicator of the Mac to come I think....and assorted other small gifts. My favorite gift though came from my 14 year old SS. He went to Bath and Bodyworks (the absolute worst store in the world to him) and picked out smelly girl stuff for me. I love the stuff but I love more that he went in search of things he knew I loved. I have to say as well that I much more enjoyed the look on my DH's face as I surprise him with gifts for his "business" trip.
Although the weather outside was indeed frightful...it was a wonderful day!!

erinyourpclady said:
...I much more enjoyed the look on my DH's face as I surprise him with gifts for his "business" trip.
I thought I was the only one on those.

Come to think of it, I should be on the road a couple of hours ago.

chefann said:
Yep - he cleans up after himself and the birds.
I bet, when you have a party, everybody gets down.

I love listening in to the semi-private conversations that go on here. :p

I received an Everyday Life Bible (Amplified Version with notes and commentary by Joyce Meyer) and Full-Body Heat & Massage Mat. We don't leave anything to chance. We make detailed wish lists in our family. My husband insists on long lists so it's harder to figure out exactly what you're getting.

The massage mat is partly to take the place of my son. He gives wonderful back rubs, but he leaves for Dallas, Texas on January 6. It's not the same, but it's better than nothing. (DH works nights, so, while he's willing, he's not available.)

PCGINA said:
Quoting the famous words of Olympia, "Spoken like a true smarta**"

One of my fave movies! "Pink is my signature color."

raebates said:
I love listening in to the semi-private conversations that go on here. :p
Psssst! That's the whole idea. ;)

Related to I Got a Lump of Coal for Christmas

What is "I Got a Lump of Coal for Christmas"?

"I Got a Lump of Coal for Christmas" is a popular Christmas song that tells the story of a naughty child who receives a lump of coal as a gift from Santa Claus instead of presents.

Who wrote "I Got a Lump of Coal for Christmas"?

The song was written by Sid Tepper and Roy C. Bennett in 1960.

Can I purchase "I Got a Lump of Coal for Christmas" as a Pampered Chef product?

No, "I Got a Lump of Coal for Christmas" is not a product offered by Pampered Chef. We specialize in kitchen tools, cookware, and accessories.

Are there any variations of "I Got a Lump of Coal for Christmas"?

Yes, there are different versions of the song with slightly different lyrics. Some versions also include additional verses.

Is "I Got a Lump of Coal for Christmas" appropriate for children?

While the song may seem comical, it does mention Santa Claus bringing a gift to a naughty child. Parents may want to preview the lyrics and determine if it is suitable for their children.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies