• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unique Gift Ideas for 1st Birthday Party - $30-50 Budget

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking gift ideas for a 1st birthday party they will be attending in a couple of weeks. The recipient is an 18-month-old boy who already has plenty of toys and clothes, and his college is already paid for. Suggestions include educational toys, books, Legos, and DVDs, with a budget of $30-50. The idea of giving a portrait package as a gift is also mentioned. The conversation also includes recommendations for specific toys, such as a Leap Pad toy and a caterpillar toy from the Leap Frog company. There is also a discussion about buying gifts that the child will love but the parents may not appreciate.
nikkijo
I need your help. We have a 1st birthday party to go to in a couple of weeks and I need ideas!!!

This is a second boy in the family and they have all of the toys and clothes one could want. The college is already paid for so they do not need savings bonds.

What are some kick but ideas for presents? We are looking to spend $30-50 and toys are ok.

TIA!!

I'm a fanatic about educational toys. There are tons of them for little kids. Look at the stuff made by the same company that makes Leap Pad ... I'm drawing a blank on their name! Toys R Us has a great section for stuff like that. Things that help them hear numbers, letters, play with shapes and colors are all good.

I personally love books. My daughter loves Usborne Books. There are a ton that are perfect for that age. Let me know if you are interested. I have a friend that's a consultant and could give you her site (in fact I'm having a show for her right now). Books are also something that's easy to find room for and can last for years. Legos are a must at any age...just make sure they are the big ones (appropriate for 1 year olds).

there is this leap pad thing that goes on the fridge and has letters that fits inside this square thing. when you press on the letter it sings a song about the letter and tells how it is pronounced. it also has the alphabet song on it. my kids LOVE it!! we got it for my son's second Christmas 2 years ago and they still play with it all the time! I think it is 20-25 bucks. I love the leap pad stuff!! They also have this train (leap pad) it has letter blocks that go in the train and you press the block and it sings about the letter while it goes around the track. I think it is $50 not sure Ben got it for Christmas last year from my mom. They love all of their leap pad stuff!!

Definitely don't be afraid to buy something for an 18th month old or even 2 year old. It's nice to have things on hand for when they are little older.

nikki
i have a 23mth old boy and he has been fasinated by balls, cars and lego for the past yr. and he loves that alphbet toy mentioned above, cant remember the name, his also has numbers as well. another thing you can try is little people great for dramatic play or even dvds. lots of them with educational themes behind the fun
good luck

Thank you so much for all of your ideas!! I forgot all about leap frog!! Can you tell that we don't have kids yet? lol

The Leap Frog company makes this really cool caterpillar...that teaches all kinds of stuff...I bought one for my niece when she turned one....now she's 2 and still loves her caterpillar! Just a thought! oh, and her mother HATES it, which makes it even a better gift! LOL!!!

BTW...how're you doing, stranger?

Last edited:
www.bumbershootbaby.com

Buy a rainbow of play silks. This is my go-to gift. Every kid I have given them to LOVES them! Even the older kids play with these at our house.

I agree with the Usborne Books idea! They have the greatest books - my DS (almost 3) has TONS of books, but his very favorite ones are all Usborne Books. They are so colorful, and fun.....I LOVE them too! Usborne Books is the only other DS product I have ever considered selling. You should check them out!

pcchris said:
her mother HATES it, which makes it even a better gift! LOL!!!

QUOTE]

We did that for Christmas! We went shopping with one of our friends and his two year old for gifts for our niece and nephew. We got the toys that he loved and the parents hated! I just have to remember payback is a b**ch for when we have kids..lol!

When my son turned one my mom surprised me with a portrait package. We didn't really have the money for professional portraits but they will never be that little again...

Now I have awesome professional pictures that captured that moment. You could do a GC to Sears Portraits (so the older brother could get photos as well) or splurge and get a small package with a freelance photographer.

My son is also a fan of the Leapfrog alphabet thing. It does get annoying because he pushes the same button a million times, but I figure he is learning SOMETHING.... right???

My 15 mo. old loves this his Leap Frog catepillar. My 3 yr old even likes to play with it sometimes. They also have the fridge magnet w/ numbers and letters... it's awesome at keeping them entertained while you're fixing dinner! They play with it so much, that my yougest has already started trying to sing the alphabet song!

I love personalized stuff. PotteryBarnKids has their animal preschool backpack on sale for $9.99. Here's the link:

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/shop/sal/saltna/index.cfm?page=all

Have his name embroidered on it for $6 and --voila!--mom has a new diaper bag or he has a new backpack he can take to Mother's Day Out or simply something to put his toys in when going on a trip. I have done this gift twice in the last couple months [for a 1 yo and a 3 yo] and it is always a big hit!

Gift ideaWhat I have done for gifts is get Mabel's Labels for them to label their stuff...with the second child, their things can get taken over by older siblings. Let me know if you want more info on them :)
Amy

Amy,
Thanks for sharing Mabel's Labels! I had never heard of them before and I LOVE labels!

If the child has a favorita place to eat, you could get him a gift certificate to there. This gift would let the kid eat where he loves and help the parents not have to pay for it. My son lives pizza or McDonalds or Taco Bell. I am sure they all have gift cards that you could buy. And if it was a fast food place or something like that, the parents could just run through the drive-thru for him if it is something they do not want that night/day.

The caterpillar thing - it's called Counting Pal! I've been racking my brain so I asked my 8 year old. He still remembers! And it sings the same songs over and over and over ... :rolleyes:

The Usborne books are a sure thing. We still use Usborne books in homeschooling.

Oh, and music CDs. And Adventure in Odessy CDs. My little guy has gone to sleep to music or a story for as long as I can remember.

Related to Unique Gift Ideas for 1st Birthday Party - $30-50 Budget

What are some unique gift ideas for a 1st birthday party within a $30-50 budget?

1. Personalized Storybook - A customized storybook featuring the child's name and pictures is a thoughtful and unique gift that can be cherished for years to come.

2. Sensory Toys - Babies are constantly exploring and learning through their senses. A set of sensory toys, such as a textured ball or soft blocks, make for a fun and educational gift.

3. Music Set - Encourage the child's love for music with a set of musical instruments, such as a xylophone or drum. This gift will not only bring joy to the child but also aid in their development.

4. Personalized Blanket - A soft and cozy blanket with the child's name embroidered on it is a practical and sentimental gift that will be treasured by both the child and their parents.

5. Growth Chart - A growth chart is a unique and functional gift that will be used for years to come. It can be personalized with the child's name and will be a fun way to track their growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • NooraK