• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why When Your Son Wants a Scooby Doo Birthday Party, That No One

In summary, the conversation is about the frustration of not being able to find Scooby Doo party supplies locally for a child's birthday party. The parent shares their past experiences with other party themes and the difficulty of finding supplies for them as well. Another person suggests an online source for party supplies with fast shipping. The conversation ends with the realization that it is best to buy party supplies in advance to avoid this problem in the future.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
Why when your son wants a scooby doo birthday party, that NO ONE locally has the party supplies you need??

I swear last year there was a bazillion stores that carried scooby doo party supplies....this year they don't...this year it is hannah montana, cars, backyardigans, iron man, etc.....every freaking thing BUT scooby doo!

And each birthday party we have given him has been the same...

1st (2006) - Curious George ( I think this was the year the movie came out and every place was sold out....finally ended up finding a few things but paid an arm and a leg for them!)

2nd (2007) - Thomas the Tank Engine (ended up ordering online because I couldn't find anything locally)

3rd (2008) - Scooby doo ( was going to order online, but I have been so busy, that his party just snuck up on me....it is next Sat! So I don't have time to order things online unless I want to pay like $30 for 2nd day shipping!)

It just amazes me how these stores "claim" to have all of your party needs yet they don't! And since they don't it just makes things more difficult for the parent.

So this year he is having yellow plates, napkins, and cups with a scooby doo image pasted onto the cups. :)

And next year I assume he is going to want Cars theme, so I guess I had better get the party stuff now instead of waiting until next year huh?? Cuz our track record says...next year i won't be able to find ANYTHING cars related!

GRRR.....

Check Birthdayexpress.com

They really do have EVERYTHING!! I have used them since my 1st DS was born & have always been able to find the characters he (& his little brother) wanted. HTH

***EDIT*** They have Scooby!!!! :sing: http://www.celebrateexpress.com/celebration/pages/products/Product_BD.aspx?iRec=16&pageID=1&TabID=4294967232&N=4294967232&search=scooby&SKU=BDD916

AND they have CARS!! :sing: http://www.celebrateexpress.com/celebration/pages/products/Product_BD.aspx?pageID=1&vw=asthumb&sort=sort85&TabID=4294967232&N=4294967232+4294967237&SKU=E2324

Now, if only you could get it there fast enough...:confused:

Last edited:
Awww, no Scooby stuff? My dd loves Scooby!
Do you still have time to get stuff? You could try Oriental Trading online; they always have good stuff & ship pretty fast.

elizabethfox said:
Why when your son wants a scooby doo birthday party, that NO ONE locally has the party supplies you need??

I swear last year there was a bazillion stores that carried scooby doo party supplies....this year they don't...this year it is hannah montana, cars, backyardigans, iron man, etc.....every freaking thing BUT scooby doo!

And each birthday party we have given him has been the same...

1st (2006) - Curious George ( I think this was the year the movie came out and every place was sold out....finally ended up finding a few things but paid an arm and a leg for them!)

2nd (2007) - Thomas the Tank Engine (ended up ordering online because I couldn't find anything locally)

3rd (2008) - Scooby doo ( was going to order online, but I have been so busy, that his party just snuck up on me....it is next Sat! So I don't have time to order things online unless I want to pay like $30 for 2nd day shipping!)

It just amazes me how these stores "claim" to have all of your party needs yet they don't! And since they don't it just makes things more difficult for the parent.

So this year he is having yellow plates, napkins, and cups with a scooby doo image pasted onto the cups. :)

And next year I assume he is going to want Cars theme, so I guess I had better get the party stuff now instead of waiting until next year huh?? Cuz our track record says...next year i won't be able to find ANYTHING cars related!

GRRR.....

OH OH OH! Elizabeth! I can help! I found a great on-line source with terrific prices, and they guarantee 3 day delivery for $5.95! I ordered Tuesday, and it's being delivered today!

LOL - DS has suddenly become obsessed with Scooby, and his birthday is this Sunday!:eek:

Let me go find it for you - I'll be back in a minute!

Okay, here it is!

Birthdaydirect.com

Why? Because you want and NEED it ~ seems to always happen that way. STINKS! Hope you find it!

So note to self: if you see cars theme in the stores NOW, BUY IT FOR LATER! You can always use it for something else if DS changes his mind!

lacychef said:
Awww, no Scooby stuff? My dd loves Scooby!
Do you still have time to get stuff? You could try Oriental Trading online; they always have good stuff & ship pretty fast.

I tried there and no scooby stuff....and I don't have time to have it shipped unless i want to pay and arm and a leg for fast shipping.

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay, here it is!

Birthdaydirect.com

OMG ....Thanks Becky!! Now I can actually get Scooby Stuff instead of having to make scooby stuff!

You are a lifesaver :)

elizabethfox said:
OMG ....Thanks Becky!! Now I can actually get Scooby Stuff instead of having to make scooby stuff!

You are a lifesaver :)

It was a desperation thing for me too!

So - I was THRILLED when I read your post and knew that I had an answer for you.....so good to know that my desperate search could also help someone else...and also funny that someone else was having the same Scooby Crisis I was having! Who'd a thunk it?

LOL...well my crisis all started when the inlaws gave us a scooby doo pinata that has been through 3 birthdays and still has never been broken....TJ saw it and HAD to have a scooby party after that..

1. Why is a Scooby Doo birthday party a popular theme for boys?

Scooby Doo has been a beloved cartoon character since the 1960s, and many boys grew up watching the show and reading the comics. The mystery-solving adventures and fun characters make for a great birthday party theme that kids can relate to and enjoy.

2. Can I find Scooby Doo-themed party supplies at Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of party supplies and decorations that feature Scooby Doo and his friends. From plates and cups to banners and balloons, we have everything you need to throw a Scooby Doo themed party for your son.

3. How can I make a Scooby Doo cake for my son's birthday party?

Pampered Chef offers a range of baking tools and accessories that can help you create a fantastic Scooby Doo cake. Our cake pans, decorating tools, and cake toppers are all perfect for making a fun and delicious cake that your son will love.

4. Are there any fun Scooby Doo-themed party games or activities?

Yes, there are plenty of fun games and activities that you can incorporate into your son's Scooby Doo birthday party. You can have a scavenger hunt, a mystery-solving game, or a pin the tail on Scooby Doo game. You can also have a costume contest for the best Scooby Doo or mystery-solving outfit.

5. How can I make the party food fit the Scooby Doo theme?

There are many creative ways to make party food fit the Scooby Doo theme. You can serve Scooby Snack cookies, make sandwiches in the shape of a dog bone, or have a "Scooby Dooby Doo" punch drink. You can also use Scooby Doo-themed cookie cutters to make fun-shaped snacks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
AmyDare
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows