• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Plan an Epic Scavenger Hunt Birthday Party for Your 11-Year-Old - Tips & Ideas!

In summary, the author is planning a Scavenger Hunt for her eldest son's 11th birthday party and is trying to figure out what clues to create. She has a list of five items, but is struggling to come up with more. She is also considering a thank-you gift for the kids.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
I am planning my oldest's 11th birthday party. He's obviously a little too old for traditional party games and I just can't fathom spending $200 at a location for a 2 hour party. So, I am trying to plan a Scavenger Hunt. The theme I was going for was Devin's Favorite Things (his most favorite is anything to do with sports so I also thought that just having sports as a theme might work, but right now we're at all of his favorite things)

I am stuck at creating the clues. I want them to be challenging, but I don't want the hunt to last all day, ya know? I have a short list of his favorite things. I was hoping to have at least 10 things and making each thing a "clue" or location where they have to pick up something or get a signature from someone. Right now I only have 5 things on the list.

1. Sports
a. Football
b. Basketball
2. Creating Things
3. Friends
4. Swimming
5. Sisters

Has anyone ever put together one of these for their child? Any tips or suggestions? The party will be on Sat. June 21st. I want to keep the kids in the neighborhood. We have a park, 2 schools (elementary and Intermediate), a swimming pool, lots of houses all within relatively easy walking distance. I am borrowing walkie-talkies from friends so we can keep in touch with the kids. All the teams (maybe 3 groups of 3 or 4 kids) wil have 1 walkie-talkie and a disposable camera. I'm not sure what other equipment they'll need yet. I guess it depends on the clues and where they'll need to go.

The thank-you gift we'll give out to the kids is a memory book with the pictures they took a the party. We'll get them devolped at a 1-hr place during the food or something. I haven't quite figured out how I'l develop the pictures and still let them take pictures of the gifts and cake then develop and sort through the pictures and make 10-12 memory books. Maybe I'll make the party a slumber to give myself time to create the books.

As you can see I am in the very prelimanary stages of planning this party. I will take guidance and suggestions from anyone who has done this or can think creatively on this level.

THANKS!!

we did a scavenger hunt last year for my daughter when she turned 14 but we didn't base it on a themewe had 4 teams (as they came in the chose a bracelet then we divided them by bracelet colors so they didn't buddy up)
my husband, each of my sons and I drove them around we had 6 to a team and they could only get 1 thing per house.
they used digital cameras for street signs I had asked for or a child on a swing , man mowing his yard etc.things they had to bring back (from what I can remember)3 raisins
a walmart receipt 50 extra points if the receipt had a watermelon
a character band aid
a tealight 25 extra points if it was scented
a snack size baggie
a packet of equal
birthday candle
Lowe's ad& more things I can't think of nowthe winning team got an extra goodie bag

Thank you for your experience Teresa. I think I'm starting to formalize my ideas. It helps to hear what other people have done.

since we had teen girls I didn't mess with "clues" just gave them the sheet of paper the family had to sign when they gave something and the address

I think most people don't expect clues with a scavenger hunt,just a list of odd things they have to collect or photograph. Clues usually go with a treasure hunt, where the teams are finding more clues on the way to discovering a treasure with the last clue. If your kids are tech-savvy with digital cameras, that is a fun new way to do scavenger hunts. Good luck!

Oh no way would I send this group out with digital cameras. We will use disposable. Thank you though.

I will do the list of objects to find. Signatures to collect and a few set pictures to take, although I really just want them to capture moments from their afternoon together.

1. Can you provide some tips for planning an epic scavenger hunt for an 11-year-old's birthday party?

Planning a scavenger hunt for an 11-year-old's birthday party can be a fun and exciting experience. Here are some tips to help you plan an epic scavenger hunt:

• Choose a theme: Start by choosing a theme for your scavenger hunt, such as pirates, superheroes, or a favorite movie or book.
  • Create a list of clues: Make a list of clues that are age-appropriate and tie in with your chosen theme. You can also include physical challenges or riddles to add an extra layer of fun.
  • Choose a location: Decide on a location for the scavenger hunt, such as a local park, mall, or even your own backyard.
  • Get creative with prizes: Think outside the box and offer unique prizes for the winning team, such as personalized water bottles or gift cards.
  • Have a backup plan: Be prepared for unexpected changes in weather or other unforeseen circumstances by having a backup plan in place.

2. How long should a scavenger hunt last for an 11-year-old's birthday party?

The duration of a scavenger hunt will depend on the number of clues and challenges included, as well as the age and energy level of the participants. As a general rule, an 11-year-old's scavenger hunt should last between 1-2 hours to keep the excitement and engagement levels high.

3. How many kids should be on a team for a scavenger hunt birthday party?

The ideal number of kids on a team for a scavenger hunt birthday party is between 4-6. This allows for a good balance of teamwork and individual participation. However, you can adjust the number based on the size of your party and the complexity of the scavenger hunt.

4. Is it necessary to have adult supervision for a scavenger hunt birthday party?

While it is not necessary to have adult supervision for a scavenger hunt birthday party, it is recommended to have at least one adult present to ensure the safety of the participants. The adult can also act as a referee and help with any challenges or obstacles that may arise during the scavenger hunt.

5. What are some alternative ideas for a scavenger hunt birthday party for an 11-year-old?

If a traditional scavenger hunt does not suit your needs, there are plenty of alternative ideas for a scavenger hunt birthday party for an 11-year-old. Some options include a photo scavenger hunt, where participants have to take pictures of specific items or locations, or a digital scavenger hunt using smartphones or tablets. You can also incorporate a scavenger hunt into other activities, such as a pool party or movie night.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nicki25
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Muppetgal