• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Olympic Themed Birthday Party Ideas for a 9-Year-Old

In summary, the party will include games such as the Italy's pasta relay, Jamaica's javelin throw, Ireland's potato race, and Japan's chopstick relay. There will also be a magic tree house book giveaway.
nicki25
Silver Member
I am in the process of planning a Olympic themed birthday party for my son. He will be turning 9 in May and wondering if anyone might have some ideas????? Thanks!

I was in charge of 5th grade day a few years ago and we planned a wacky olympics. We had an opening ceremony game called the torch race--the kids loved it--the torches were those orange plastic plungers. It was played as a relay race--they had to run to one end and fill the "torch" with water and then run back carrying it high and then dump the water --then they passed the torch to the next in line. We had other games--I'll have to get my memory working--unless I still have them on my computer.

What a great idea. More ideas would be great too. I am actually planning this with my friend and we are celebrating 2 boys birthdays. There will probably be around 25 kids at this party and the party is going to be from 1-3pm. We need lots of ideas to keep these kids busy.

Some more games we played:
Italy's pasta relay--needed for each team--a plastic colander, plastic cup, bucket of water, empty bucket.--first in line has to place colander on head (upright--not like a hat) and then a cup of water is placed in the colander and they have to run to the other end and dump the water into the empty bucket--Team with the most water in the bucket at the end wins. Of course they will get soaked in the process.JAMAICA’S JAVELIN THROW
The first five players stand behind the line and throw their "Javelins" (Fun Noodles) one person at a time. Players may throw their javelins any way they wish. Mark where they have landed. Have the next five players continue as described above and so forth until all have a turn. IRELAND’S POTATO RACE
Line up in teams The first player on each team gets a hockey stick and a potato. On the signal to begin, these players will use the hockey stick to move the potato around the cone and back to the start where they will hand their hockey stick to the next player in line. This will continue as above until all team members have had a turn. JAPAN’S CHOP STICK RELAY
Players line up in teams with the first person from each team holding two chopsticks. On the signal to begin, the first player will pick up the rubber chicken from inside the hoop using only the chopsticks. (They may not use hands or stick the chop stick inside the chicken). They will have to bring the chicken down to their stir fry pan, then return the sticks to the next player in line, who then goes to the pan and must bring the chicken back to the group and the process continues until everyone has had a turn.

You can also have the kids decorate a flags from different countries and actually have an opening ceremony with all the flags.

Ooh - these are great ideas! My youngest has his bday party in Jan. at a gymnastics place (olympic-type, not "little gym") and I gave out little "medals" to all the kids when they were finished. My oldest wants to have his bday party at the same place (he's turning 9, too), so I am thinking of doing something similar, but for older boys - the younger one had boys and girls. Keep us posted on what you end up doing!

We are making medals out of wood and spray painting them gold, silver and bronze. We hate to give away godie bags with crap that the kids just go home and throw away. One idea we had was to give the kids the Magic Tree House Book #16- Hour at the Olympics. We need to buy 24 books and I am having a hard time finding someplace where they are cheap enough. Any ideas??

Related to Olympic Themed Birthday Party Ideas for a 9-Year-Old

1. What are some ideas for Olympic-themed party decorations?

Some ideas for Olympic-themed party decorations include hanging banners and flags representing different countries, creating a DIY Olympic torch centerpiece, and using gold, silver, and bronze balloons.

2. What are some potential party activities for an Olympics birthday party?

Some potential party activities for an Olympics birthday party include setting up a mini obstacle course, hosting a backyard relay race, and playing Olympic-themed games such as "Pin the Medal on the Athlete".

3. How can I incorporate healthy food options into the party menu?

You can incorporate healthy food options into the party menu by serving fruit skewers in the colors of the Olympic rings, making vegetable platters with hummus, and offering grilled chicken or fish instead of fried options.

4. What are some fun party favors for an Olympics birthday party?

Some fun party favors for an Olympics birthday party include mini gold, silver, and bronze medals, Olympic-themed stickers or temporary tattoos, and personalized water bottles with the guest's name and an Olympic logo.

5. Can I personalize the invitations for an Olympics birthday party?

Yes, you can personalize the invitations for an Olympics birthday party by including the guest's name, the date and time of the party, and an Olympic-themed design or image. You can also include any specific dress code or instructions for the party activities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Anna Farnum
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • hlynn424
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies