• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Ideas for an 8 or 9 Year Old's PC Birthday Party?

In summary, the conversation is focused on planning a PC party for a child's birthday. The group discusses ideas for activities and products to incorporate, as well as how to handle payment and orders. Some members share their past experiences with children's parties, emphasizing the importance of setting clear boundaries and expectations. Overall, the group is enthusiastic about involving children in cooking and finding ways to make the party enjoyable for both kids and parents.
jenpottratz
I need some ideas - I tried searching the files and didn't find anything.

I have a friend who wants me to do a PC party for her son's birthday. He is going to be 8 or 9 I think.

Anyone got any great ideas? Thanks in advance!

jen

Soooo, is she wanting you to be the caterer or party planner for a 9 yr olds birthday party? Or is she trying to capitalize on the mom's being there, and do a combo birthday party/PC show? I'm confused about what you would actually be doing......

I have two of these coming upThe hosts/moms are treating it like a catalog show, getting orders for me. At the party, we will be decorating mini-doll cakes made with the prep bowls. Maybe make sandwiches with the sandwhich maker.

I have done two kid's shows, an they both were greatly ejoyed by the moms and kids.

Robin

I need help with this as well. For a birthday party, I would like to incorporate it so that each child has a product to bring home. Maybe like a prep bowl and a child's knife for each. One of my mom's is asking for info about this and what do I charge for each child attending. For a child's class in general, I would need to come up with a set price to charge each child so that I could make it into a party. Still trying to work out an idea. Say $25 for a class of 8 which would bring me to the needed $200 (Cdn). Perhaps the mom's would order something else as well. Use ideas like the child's cookbook, silicone cupcake baker (teens), small batter bowl, decorating bottles, etc. This is a really hard thing to figure out but I know it is a very lucrative area. Maybe best to offer a Mom/Dad amd Me class???

Advice from experience....whatever you do...lay the ground rules out clearly. I truely do like the idea of charging per child. And get the money BEFORE the party.
I did a children's birthday party a few years back. We did all kinds of gun things and I made a cookbook for each to take home. The mother never collected orders and I was completely stiffed. This was a very nice lady too, but she never followed through.
I would either require orders upfront, or charge, or something. I was used as free entertainment and haven't done another party like that since.
I loved it and love to have kids get right into cooking, etc. and if it was for a friend, I would do it in a heart beat.
Once I did a party that the kids were involved, but the mom's stayed. It was not for a birthday. We made pizzas and homemade applesauce. Even thought the show was not a big one, it was so much fun for everyone.

Related to Looking for Ideas for an 8 or 9 Year Old's PC Birthday Party?

1. How can I involve children in the cooking process during a birthday party?

One fun and interactive way to involve children in the cooking process is to have them decorate their own cupcakes or cookies. You can also set up a DIY pizza station where children can choose their own toppings and assemble their own pizzas.

2. What are some easy and kid-friendly recipes for a birthday party?

Some easy and kid-friendly recipes for a birthday party include fruit skewers, mini sandwiches, and veggie platters with dip. You can also make simple and delicious treats like popcorn balls, rice crispy treats, and chocolate covered pretzels.

3. How can I accommodate dietary restrictions for children at a birthday party?

It's important to check with parents beforehand to see if any children have dietary restrictions. You can also have a variety of options available, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free options. For a fun and healthy alternative, you can also offer a make-your-own fruit and yogurt parfait station.

4. How can I keep children entertained during a birthday party cooking activity?

One way to keep children entertained during a cooking activity is to have them participate in a game or activity while their food is cooking. For example, you can have them decorate their own chef hats or make a craft related to the party theme. You can also play some fun music in the background to keep the energy up.

5. What are some good party favors for a kid's cooking birthday party?

Some fun and practical party favors for a kid's cooking birthday party include mini cooking utensils, personalized aprons, or a small cookbook with easy recipes for kids. You can also have children decorate their own treat bags and fill them with homemade treats or cooking supplies like cookie cutters or sprinkles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Patti
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Patti
  • nicki25
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies