• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Throwing a Birthday Party for an Avid Pampered Chef Host

In summary, Susie is having a PC birthday party and guests are expected to buy her gifts. If the guests are not close friends, then the host might promote the easy shopping by providing a list of gifts from her wish list.
beepampered
I have a past host who wants more cookware. Her birthday is in mid-February and so she is thinking of having a PC birthday party. She wants guests to buy her PC gifts but I don't think that will be a big sell - and am concerned that it might actually keep people from coming. Has anyone ever held a birthday party for a host that you could give me advice on. Any invitation ideas? I'm excited about the possibility of her having another party but don't want it to be a flop because people are offenened at having to buy her gifts (that's how I would be with most of my friends). Thanks for thoughts....

I did one b-day show, and only two guests bought for her, however we didn't advertise to buy gifts for herself. Her mom said what do you want for your b-day?I would put a label on the invite that might say something like Susie Q loves PC so much that she wanted to celebrate her b-day PC style. Come see some new recipes! Something like that. She really is getting a great b-day gift w/ all her free products. Now I did make my host the checkered cake for her b-day! HTH

Well, it's not any different than a wedding registry...but I know what you're saying. I guess if everybody knows before hand that she only wants PC items then who cares? Do your awesome demo and let them worry about it. I think it might work because they'll probably buy for her and for themselves.

I would have a hard time with that one. As an adult, I really don't get my friends gifts - or at least, if I do get them something, I usually bake it.

I would maybe let her promote that part of it. Maybe she can promote the ease of them not needing to shop in advance or wrap gifts?

I would spin it the other way and say that the host's gift is the free products she will recieve. To really boost Susy host's sales and free products get a friend's order!

That way it isn't "come buy me gifts", but they still feel like they are helping and getting somethings for themselves!

I would do it that way too gillian. I don't think that people would come if I assumed they were going to by her a gift. ya know?

I'm with GillianLet them know that the host loves PC and that is what "She" has chosen. If she knows what she wants you could let them know what she needs for sales to help her meet her goal (ultimate gift). I'm with everyone else I probably wouldnt buy something for my friend unless it was a veggie peeler or something. HTH Diane ;)

Great Idea!That's a great idea Gillian. It's never a good idea to have a show and invite everyone over assuming they have to buy gifts for the host if she doesn't konw them very well. And we usually invite almost everyone we can think of to a PC show, even if they aren't really close friends.

Although that is how birthday parties usually work, I mean you shell out for the cake, the pizza, the goody bags, etc and the guests bring gifts. At least I know that's how it is for a kids party.
I have personally never had a birthday party for myself. But I know that if I did people would bring gifts, not out of obligation, but because they are my friends. Every birthday party I go to I bring a gift.
It really depends how close she is to these friends. But I do agree that she would get greater sales if you put on the invitation that every order will help her get her wish list for FREE. And then of course you could have a list of items $20 and under that the host would like to have so they know what items to purchase if they did want to buy her something. That could be included with the order form the day of the show. On the invitation you could say something like this:
Suzy is having a birthday party, Pampered Chef style! Come celebrate Suzy's birthday while I whip up some delicious recipes right in front of your eyes. Shop from our fabulous catalog to help Suzy reach her goal and receive her birthday gifts FREE. Want to get Suzy a gift from her wish list? At the show I will provide everyone will that list. Talk about easy shopping!
Debbie :D

Thanks Debbie, I knew someone would word it right for me. Sometimes I stumble over verbage.

Debbie,

You always have the right words. You're awesome!!!

Diane

Thanks for all the ideas. This host really thinks that people will buy her gifts and I agree that most people don't buy friend's gifts. I like trying to throw the angle of getting FREE gifts and hope that she'll invite more people rather than just close friends. Now, to get her to set a date and get a guest list....Thanks...BEE

1. How do I choose a theme for the party?

There are a few ways to choose a theme for the party. You can ask the host what their favorite Pampered Chef products are and center the theme around that, or you can choose a general cooking or kitchen theme. You can also check out our party planning guide for more theme ideas.

2. What are some fun activities to incorporate into the party?

Some popular activities to include are a cooking demonstration using Pampered Chef products, a cooking game or competition, and a DIY kitchen craft. You can also offer a raffle or door prizes for added excitement.

3. How can I make the party interactive and engaging for guests?

One way to make the party interactive is to have guests participate in the cooking demonstration or game. You can also encourage them to ask questions and share their own cooking tips and tricks. Another idea is to have a social media contest where guests can share their favorite Pampered Chef products or party photos.

4. Should I provide food for the party?

It is up to the host and their budget whether they want to provide food for the party. However, you can suggest that guests bring a dish or snack to share, or offer to provide some light refreshments. This can also be a great opportunity to showcase Pampered Chef products by using them to prepare the food.

5. How can I ensure the party is successful and leads to future sales?

The key to a successful party is to make it fun and memorable for the guests. Be sure to showcase the versatility and quality of our products, and offer special discounts or promotions for future purchases. Also, encourage the host to share their positive experience with their friends and family, and offer a referral program to incentivize them to do so.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Shanz
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies