• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Possibilities of Birthday Parties with My Host

In summary, Debbie's host from Saturday just asked her if she does birthday parties and Debbie told her about the kids in the kitchen party, so that's what made her think about a birthday party. There are places around here that offer parties like that. Debbie just did a party and her host was 14 years old. She called her to schedule, invited her friends and collected the orders. If Debbie's host asks about it, Debbie will be honest with her about her concerns.
babywings76
Gold Member
My host from Saturday just asked me if I do birthday parties. I told her about the kids in the kitchen party, so that's what made her think about a birthday party. There are places around here that offer parties like that. I just can't figure out how it would work. Because we offer products for sale, we don't sell our shows, or charge for entertainment. Do I have the mom pre-buy certain items that we would use for the party and then would there be items for her to buy for party favors? It would be weird, probably, to have kids invited to a party only to have the mom handing out catalogs to them, right?

So what do you think? I don't know if this is really something I want to do, just trying to think of the possibilities.

Well this could work if you present it this way:

You are invited to a Kid's cooking birthday party! This is a great way for us to get together and make our very own mini birthday cupcakes (or cookies), party pizza and drink! This is how it works: Pre-pay $XX and you will recieve your very own XXXX and XXXXX to take home after the party to keep. And because of your pre-payment of these products the birthday girl gets to pick out her favorite FREE birthday products!

If you get at least 10 kids to come and pre-pay $15-20, you can submit a show and the birthday girl can get some FREE items. Get mom to collect more orders from neighbors, family and friends.
Suggestions for take home products for each child:
Decorator Bottle Set - $10.75
Mini serving spatula - $4.00
Small spreader - $4.00

Combine the orders to save on shipping. Hope it works for you, I might try to have some of these myself.

Debbie :D

RUN!!! Unless you love kids and don't have anything better to do. Oh and don't want to make any money

Debbie your idea sounds really good and for someone with patience they could make your idea work.

Chef Kearns said:
RUN!!! Unless you love kids and don't have anything better to do. Oh and don't want to make any money

You are right, this is a special situation. And unless the mom knows exactly how this will work, and is willing to get some more orders for this, it won't be a big show! But it would be fun and if it's something the child will enjoy, there are kids out there who love to cook and love PC products, and it shouldn't take longer than a regular show would.

Debbie :D

I just did a party and my host was 14 years old. She called me to schedule, invited her friends and collected the orders. I treated her just as I would any other host. Her show closed to day at $789!! I would do THAT in a heartbeat, but being the birthday entertainment...I don't know. It would take much consideration. However it sounds like she may have a plan thanks to you, Debbie! How are you doing with your husband gone?

Sounds like she just wants a caterer. :)But you could probably make it work. What do most parents do at a birthday party? (least ones I've been to). We stand around and watch our kids play. HEY- get a catalog in their hands, and you never know. So I'd probably try it at least once!Be sure to let us know what you do and how it goes if you decide to give it a shot!

Thanks everyone. Debbie, I think that is one way it could work. I still wonder if the parents would think it was weird having a birthday party be a mini PC party. But, at least that gives me one idea to tell her about. She's a friend of mine from church and I just spoke with her recently. She didn't bring it up. To be honest, I didn't want to bring it up. I'd love the business, but being that I've never done it, no one else has done it before as an entertainment thing (so I don't have someone else's experience to help me and I'm scared to be the guinea pig ;) ), and my calendar is already full for the month of her daughter's b-day, I figure I'll not pursue it. If she asks about it, I'll be honest with her about my concerns. If I give it some more thought and talk with her about options and things seem okay, then we'll see what happens. I'll keep you guys posted if anything more comes of it.

1. How can I customize my birthday party with Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of customizable options for birthday parties. You can choose from our pre-designed party themes or work with your consultant to create a personalized theme. Additionally, you can select specific recipes and products to feature at your party to make it unique.

2. Can I host a Pampered Chef birthday party at my home?

Absolutely! Our parties can be hosted at any location that is convenient for you. This includes your home, a park, or even a community center. Just make sure to discuss the details with your consultant beforehand.

3. What age range is suitable for a Pampered Chef birthday party?

We recommend our parties for children ages 5 and up. However, we can also adapt our activities and recipes for younger children with parental supervision.

4. How many guests can I invite to my Pampered Chef birthday party?

Our parties are designed for groups of 10-12 guests. This allows for a more intimate and interactive experience. However, if you have a larger group, we can work with you to accommodate more guests.

5. What types of activities will be included in the birthday party?

Our parties typically include hands-on cooking or baking activities, interactive games, and opportunities to learn about our products. Your consultant will work with you to plan a fun and engaging party that suits your preferences and age group.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Shanz
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • beepampered
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies