• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Child B Day Party- Pay for Parents??

In summary, you should let parents know in advance that they will be charged half-price for admission and skate rental if they want to stay and watch the party.
chefsteph07
It seems as though every year I have a question about what to do w/ my daughter's birthday party...

I am planning on having a roller skating party for her (she will be 7, as are most of her friends who are coming)...the price of the party includes everything for the kids, food, drink, skates, admission, even some tokens for their game room. Parents who want to stay and watch are not charged admission, but I was told if they want to skate, they are charged half price admission and half price skate rental. My question is, should I pay for the adults if they want to skate w/ their kids? I'm kind of torn on it, if Madeline were invited to this party, I would stay but not skate, and would not be upset if I was told it was going to cost me if I wanted to. But, I want to make sure I"m appropriate so what would YOU do? Pay for the parent or just advise them of the cost if they want to participate?

I would not expect the birthday child's parents to pay for me if I wanted to stay! I wouldn't pay for them!

chefsteph07 said:
It seems as though every year I have a question about what to do w/ my daughter's birthday party...

I am planning on having a roller skating party for her (she will be 7, as are most of her friends who are coming)...the price of the party includes everything for the kids, food, drink, skates, admission, even some tokens for their game room. Parents who want to stay and watch are not charged admission, but I was told if they want to skate, they are charged half price admission and half price skate rental. My question is, should I pay for the adults if they want to skate w/ their kids? I'm kind of torn on it, if Madeline were invited to this party, I would stay but not skate, and would not be upset if I was told it was going to cost me if I wanted to. But, I want to make sure I"m appropriate so what would YOU do? Pay for the parent or just advise them of the cost if they want to participate?

I think either way is fine, just let people know in advance. "Parents are welcome to stay and watch. Any parents who also want to skate can do so at half-off the usual price."

I would not pay for parents...just let them know the cost (half-price is still a deal to them! So in some ways- you are getting them that discount by having hte party in the first place!). You are paying for their kid and the food for them, that's enough. I don't think anyone would be bothered by it. If they are....they can watch. :D

I agree..I don't think that you are wrong for having parents pay for themselves..but I do think that that is something that maybe you should tell them in advance. I would not expect another parent to pay for me to skate.

I would not expect you to pay for me...only the kids :)

I don't think you should feel obligated to pay for parents to skate. Maybe a note saying . . .We will of course pay for [child's name] to skate. If parents would like to stay, they are welcome. Parents who would like to skate will only be charged half price, which is $___ for admission and $___ for skate rental. And, because it's been an issue for others you could add . . .Siblings who would like to skate will be charged full price for admission ($___) and skate rental ($___).That way there wouldn't be any question, and no one would expect you to pay for the parents or siblings.

1. Can parents pay for their child's birthday party with credit card?

Yes, parents can pay for their child's birthday party with a credit card. We accept all major credit cards as a form of payment.

2. Are there any additional fees for parents to pay for the birthday party?

No, there are no additional fees for parents to pay for the birthday party. The cost of the party is all-inclusive and covers all supplies and activities.

3. Can parents request specific activities or themes for their child's birthday party?

Yes, parents can request specific activities or themes for their child's birthday party. Our party planners will work with you to create a customized party experience for your child.

4. Is there a minimum number of guests required for the party?

Yes, there is a minimum of 8 guests required for the birthday party. This ensures that each child has a fun and engaging experience with plenty of party activities.

5. What is the cancellation policy for a child's birthday party?

Our cancellation policy for a child's birthday party is flexible. If you need to cancel or reschedule your party, please let us know at least 72 hours in advance and we will work with you to find a new date that works for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pcheframsey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • tvwalsh72