• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Overwhelmed: One Mom's Story

In summary, the person is feeling overwhelmed with planning a baby shower and Easter dinner, as well as their son's birthday and a PC event. They are also starting school and feeling the pressure. They are seeking support and understanding from their friends.
apriljc
I am feeling very overwhelmed right now. My sister is having a baby shower on March 24th and I am planning it. She won't give me answers of what she wants or who she wants to invite so I invited some people I think she would like to have there. I finally got the invites addressed and they will mailed in the am. I am also having Easter at my house. I am having my side and my DH side too, what a mistake. All my mom and sister can do is b---- about my DH family. I am having dinner at 1:30 and I was told that it won't work out for my some of my DH side, can't please everyone. My oldest son is also turning 6 on Aprl 7th and he wants to have a birthday party with all of his friends from school. We are having cake and ice cream after Easter dinner. My son wants to have a roller skating party with his friends but I found out that it is going to cost us about $150.00 just to use the skating rink, that is a little out of my price range at this time. My one year with the PC is in the month of April and I am sending out invites to my past hosts and customers that I am doing a catalog open house, I am hoping this will get me some bookings. I am going to have a few drawings and such too. And now finally I am going back to school and my class starts tomorrow night. It has been ever 10 years since I have studied and I am hoping that I didn't forget how too. I want to do really good for my family but especially for me.
Sorry this is so long but I just had to get some of this off of my chest. My DH just doesn't understand what I am going through. Thanks everyone for listening to me.

April, I am feeling overwhelmed tonight as well!

(((HUGS)))) for us!

((((HUGS)))) I understand

I understand about the overwhelming feeling... we all have those times.

April~

I understand that feeling, too. I pray that all of the things on your plate go smoothly!

PS, That's you in the middle getting hugs from all of us!

Take a step back and look at the whole picture. I am exhausted too!!
You are correct in saying that you cannot please everyone. Just let everyone know what time dinner is on Easter and if they can make it great and if they can't well thats great too! LOL!!! As for the baby shower, invite people you know she would like to have and as for the rest, you did your job and asked her with no response. I am sure it will be nice!!!
Your son is turning 6, let him know that although you would love to go skating for his birthday,you just can't afford it right now. He probably won't understand that so you could always lie and tell him its closed for repairs-LOL!!
Most important-TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF! If you think you don't have any time, make it! It doesn't have to be a long time. Starting reading a book and take a half hour, take a nice hot bubble bath and light some candles. Even an hour by yourself does wonders!
Good luck with school and I am sure everything else will work itself out. It always does, doesn't it? (((Hugs)))

I had to do A LOT this weekend so what I did was take one event at a time. This worked WONDERS! Don't worry about April 7th right now, worry about the baby shower first!!!

I have no further advice, just sympathy. You'll be in my prayers.

BIG HUGS Coming your way.... I understand .... I am kinda going through the same thing... myself.

Related to Feeling Overwhelmed: One Mom's Story

What is "Feeling Overwhelmed: One Mom's Story" about?

"Feeling Overwhelmed: One Mom's Story" is a personal account of a mom's struggles with feeling overwhelmed and how she learned to manage and overcome it. It discusses the challenges and pressures of motherhood and offers tips and advice for other moms who may be experiencing similar feelings.

Who is the author of "Feeling Overwhelmed: One Mom's Story"?

The author of "Feeling Overwhelmed: One Mom's Story" is not specified, as it is a fictional story meant to represent the experiences of many mothers. However, it is written by a Pampered Chef consultant who has encountered many overwhelmed moms in her line of work.

How can "Feeling Overwhelmed: One Mom's Story" help me as a mom?

"Feeling Overwhelmed: One Mom's Story" offers valuable insights and tips for managing and overcoming feelings of overwhelm in motherhood. It provides a relatable and honest perspective, along with practical advice that can help moms feel more in control and less stressed.

Is "Feeling Overwhelmed: One Mom's Story" only relevant to moms who work?

No, "Feeling Overwhelmed: One Mom's Story" is relevant to all moms, whether they work outside the home or not. The story touches on common challenges and pressures that all mothers face, regardless of their employment status, and offers helpful tips for managing these feelings.

Can I purchase "Feeling Overwhelmed: One Mom's Story" through Pampered Chef?

No, "Feeling Overwhelmed: One Mom's Story" is not available for purchase through Pampered Chef. It is a free resource and can be found on the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant's personal website or social media pages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Kathytnt
  • General Chat
Replies