• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wow! I Can Still Feel the Sting This Morning!

In summary, my HD (and good friend) invited her leaders out for dinner last night. The waitress expressed the need for a quick stir pitcher - she was also a past consultant. So I piped up and said "I'm working on trying to earn my trip through the end of the year, I'd love to help you". To which my HD added "Well I have one at home I could sell you". Really? You are sitting right next to me and you know how close I am to earning this trip. I felt a total knock out blow. Then when paying for dinner, she announced that since she was paying she'd be giving the waitress a catalog. Hospitality Director - although not in the true sense as most
wadesgirl
Gold Member
My HD (and good friend) invited her leaders out for dinner last night. The waitress expressed the need for a quick stir pitcher - she was also a past consultant. So I piped up and said "I'm working on trying to earn my trip through the end of the year, I'd love to help you". To which my HD added "Well I have one at home I could sell you". Really? You are sitting right next to me and you know how close I am to earning this trip. I felt a total knock out blow. Then when paying for dinner, she announced that since she was paying she'd be giving the waitress a catalog.

I mentioned it to her later last night and she said "well your show schedule is great, I'm still trying to build mine up for the new year". Um, my show schedule isn't great, you don't know what my new year looks like. And who knows what this contact could have done to help me earn my trip. I'm still in a little shock this morning. I feel really hurt and betrayed. Her whole attitude has changed this year and not in a good way. This sort of feels like the final blow to me and I just don't know what to do.

I'm a little slow this morning - what's a HD?

But if a HD means she's your upline, then I can't imagine why she would do that to you - ESPECIALLY since you had continued the conversation with the waitress first. You had already offered your services when she butted in, and that's rude - and also not very leader-like.

Unfortunately, you've already expressed your displeasure, and there isn't much more that you can do. (((HUGS)))

I'm with Becky. That was just rude.

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm a little slow this morning - what's a HD?

But if a HD means she's your upline, then I can't imagine why she would do that to you - ESPECIALLY since you had continued the conversation with the waitress first. You had already offered your services when she butted in, and that's rude - and also not very leader-like.

Unfortunately, you've already expressed your displeasure, and there isn't much more that you can do. (((HUGS)))

Hospitality Director - although not in the true sense as most people are use to. She's a sister consultant who is a director who helped me when our original director's business was going down hill and I needed that upline support. We have been good friends ever since.

The other part I forgot to add is she even told me on the phone that she waited to see if someone else would give her any information and when no one did that's when she decided to give her the catalog when she paid. I already had my toes stepped on once, I felt the "defeat" earlier with the waitress.

Total bad form! As a leader she should have stepped aside as soon as you spoke and let you take the lead. I'm sorry that happened to you. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Bah humbug! Though it does seem extremely nice that she included you when taking her team out to dinner. My ED is adamant that her downline not put out a penny for hospitality.

wow! My director would have graciously let me know that if she wanted it right now, she has one I can "sell" her and then I would need to order another one to replace the original.

I don't know if she puts out any money for her hospitality consultants or not. If so, it is the same as what she would put out for us. She is adamant that she treat hospitality the way she wants her consultants to be treated by their hospitality. They are just part of the cluster. We know they are hospitality, but they are included on everything we do as if they were in our cluster.

Awe, I'm very sorry she did that to you!!! I agree that it was rude on her part to speak up after you had already put an offer on the table. :(

I don't promote violence but a good kick in the a** is what she deserves! Sorry!

I'd contact the waitress & offer my services anyway & if ms hospitality says something tell her you were continuing the conversation you initially made with the waitress before she butted in - followed by a swift kick in the butt and find a new hosp

chefa said:
I'd contact the waitress & offer my services anyway & if ms hospitality says something tell her you were continuing the conversation you initially made with the waitress before she butted in - followed by a swift kick in the butt and find a new hosp

I wouldn't have to find new hospitality, my term of hospitality isn't like most on here where you move and need support. This was a friend reaching her hand out when our old director was leaving the business. I just have continued to go to her meetings and help work with her team by training at the meetings, etc. The director we moved up under is local it's just that her meetings are further away and on a Monday night. It was more of a friendship/team thing than a hospitality type thing even though that's what call it. Although now, especially after this year, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Shocked! Wow.

Sorry to hear that happened. Good news is, you just need to go out to eat more often by yourself :) The biz is there, you just have to go find it. xxx fingers for you & the trip.

Wow....can"t believe it.

That was rude, tacky and unprofessional!!

not only was it wrong for an upline to do, but I feel if you are with other consultants and they have a lead going on in front of you, you don't step on anyone's toes. Very, very rude and greatly unprofessional of her--and it is not her decision to make if she needs it more than you--you had already spoken first!
Good luck with earning the trip--keep up the good work.

gailz2 said:
not only was it wrong for an upline to do, but I feel if you are with other consultants and they have a lead going on in front of you, you don't step on anyone's toes. Very, very rude and greatly unprofessional of her--and it is not her decision to make if she needs it more than you--you had already spoken first!
Good luck with earning the trip--keep up the good work.

I agree!! When I'm with a group, it's the first to speak up that gets the lead! And out of respect we keep our mouths shut - it's a learning opportunity!

Tacky, especially since you spoke up. I agree ... if your friend needed one by Christmas, then the offer should have been to sell the pitcher to YOU and then you could order the replacement.Don't understand the whole thing of hospitality people being 2nd class. That's not very hospitable.

Totally breaks the first dibs rule!

Keep looking for hospitality that is. Then again, pray for her!

If she's a "friend" I'd hate to see an enemy. I would go and contact that waitress anyway. The HD may not even followed up yet. You contacted her first.

lockhartkitchen said:
If she's a "friend" I'd hate to see an enemy. I would go and contact that waitress anyway. The HD may not even followed up yet. You contacted her first.

I think that's what hurts the worse. She's a friend first, HD second. I don't have any information for the waitress so I have no way to get a hold of her.

I said earlier I don't have to find another Hospitality group. I could just start going to my regular director's meetings, they just aren't as easy for me to get to.

What is "Wow! I Can Still Feel the Sting This Morning!"?

"Wow! I Can Still Feel the Sting This Morning!" is a popular product from Pampered Chef that helps relieve muscle soreness and tension through deep tissue massage.

How does "Wow! I Can Still Feel the Sting This Morning!" work?

"Wow! I Can Still Feel the Sting This Morning!" uses a combination of pressure and vibration to target specific areas of soreness and tension in the muscles. The ergonomic design allows for easy use on various parts of the body.

Is "Wow! I Can Still Feel the Sting This Morning!" safe to use?

Yes, "Wow! I Can Still Feel the Sting This Morning!" is safe to use as it is made with high-quality materials and has been tested for safety and effectiveness. However, it is important to follow the instructions and use caution when using the product.

Can "Wow! I Can Still Feel the Sting This Morning!" be used by anyone?

"Wow! I Can Still Feel the Sting This Morning!" is designed for adults and can be used by most individuals. However, it is recommended to consult with a doctor before use if you have any preexisting medical conditions or injuries.

How do I clean and maintain my "Wow! I Can Still Feel the Sting This Morning!"?

To clean "Wow! I Can Still Feel the Sting This Morning!", simply wipe it down with a damp cloth and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or submerging the product in water. It is also important to store the product in a dry and cool place when not in use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
trps
Replies
Views
beckyjsmith
  • suzipooh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
suzipooh