• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

House Warming Party/Show: Tips and Ideas for a Memorable Event

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of a housewarming party/show and the etiquette surrounding gift-giving for such an event. Some participants have never heard of a housewarming party that involves guests buying gifts for the host, while others see it as a tradition that is becoming less common with the changing times. Suggestions are made for how to handle the situation, including setting up a wish list similar to a wedding registry. Ultimately, the decision is left to the host and the consensus is to go along with her wishes.
NancyD
Silver Member
Has anyone ever held a House Warming Party / Show? I was asked by a potential host if she could have a house warming show for her new home. Instead of her friends bringing gifts they could just order something for her at the party if they wanted to and of course order something for themselves if they want. Does anyone have any suggestions? Suggestions on what the invitation should say, etc?

I personally have never liked the idea of a "gift giving" house warming party. When I got married and registered with BB&B there was a gal with my same name who had a house registry. I guess around here it's not a normal thing. I've had many of hosts who have hosted a party to show off their new home but not so people could buy stuff for them. They are already getting a ton of stuff from their party anyway if they do the work needed.

NancyD said:
Has anyone ever held a House Warming Party / Show? I was asked by a potential host if she could have a house warming show for her new home. Instead of her friends bringing gifts they could just order something for her at the party if they wanted to and of course order something for themselves if they want. Does anyone have any suggestions? Suggestions on what the invitation should say, etc?

Go to files and type in housewarming; there are several nice flyers...

Hey Wades Girl, I think it is kind of an old tradition. Buying a house used to be a big deal. People would save and save and save for years, and then they stayed there for ever.
I'm not trying to downplay the worth of owning a home, nor the sacrifices people make to do so, but it is more of the norm now, and with two working adults in most families, it isn't really a huge sacrifice. People used to have to save $20,000 or more for a down payment, and now you can buy a house for $5,000 down or less.
I do however think that if people are wanting you to do it as a PC show, I say go for it. I would probably set it up similar to a Wedding registry. Have cards with their wishlist items, tell them they can help by buying a gift or by buying for themselves.

Thanks for your help. I can't turn it down if this is how the Host wants to hold the show. I think I will do it similar to a bridal show with the wish list items. I really appreciate everyone's input.

NancyD said:
Thanks for your help. I can't turn it down if this is how the Host wants to hold the show. I think I will do it similar to a bridal show with the wish list items. I really appreciate everyone's input.

That's what I was thinking. If she wants to do it, then go ahead, but don't push it.

housewarmings, graduations, new baby... There are a wealth of gift-giving occasions where it could be nice to have a "Gift" registry. I've suggested it to HO and got no response. I see nothing wrong with a housewarming party, especially if someone is just starting off. It's all a matter of perspective.

I've done a couple of them. But usually someone else is hosting for the new home owner at the new home owner's home. I do it just like a bridal shower.

I agree with noorak. If that's how she wants to do it then go for it. I did a housewarming party last weekend and when she first booked the show I was not aware that was her intention until I called her after wards and she told me that it was going to be her house warming party. I couldn't tell her no so I just went along and I also did it like a bridal shower etc.:thumbup:

What is a Pampered Chef House Warming Party/Show?

A Pampered Chef House Warming Party/Show is a fun and interactive way to introduce friends and family to our high-quality kitchen tools and delicious food products. It is hosted by a consultant who will demonstrate and share tips on how to use our products to create delicious meals and make cooking easier and more enjoyable.

How do I host a House Warming Party/Show?

Hosting a House Warming Party/Show is easy and free! Simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant and they will help you plan and organize the event. You can choose to have the party at your home or a friend’s home, and the consultant will bring all the necessary products and supplies for the show.

What are the benefits of hosting a House Warming Party/Show?

As a host, you will receive exclusive discounts and free products based on the total sales from your party. You will also have the opportunity to try out our products and learn new recipes. Plus, it’s a great way to spend time with friends and family while earning rewards.

Can I customize the menu for my House Warming Party/Show?

Absolutely! Our consultants are happy to work with you to create a menu that fits your preferences and dietary needs. They can also provide options for guests with allergies or food sensitivities.

Do I have to purchase products at a House Warming Party/Show?

There is no obligation to purchase products at a House Warming Party/Show. However, if you do choose to make a purchase, you can take advantage of special discounts and promotions that are only available at the event. Our consultants will also provide you with helpful tips and tricks on how to best use the products you may be interested in.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pjpamchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KarenMarie
  • nldavis321
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
nldavis321
  • beepampered