• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Throwing a Memorable House Warming Party: Tips and Ideas

In summary, to make the invitations for a housewarming party,Deb recommends using PC invites, printing out wish lists for each guest, and mounting the tickets on bamboo skewers. She also suggests covering styrofoam with fabric or wrapping paper and making a "bouquet" of cards for the host.
nldavis321
Gold Member
I am so excited. A really good friend of mine is buying her first house. She had mentioned before that she wanted to have PC Show and I approached her reminding her of this! heehee I told her I wanted to throw her a PC House Warming Party. She is sooooo very excited. Now...

Any helpful ideas! Tips? Suggestions? Has anyone ever thrown one before? I have done bridal showers before, but this one is a little different.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I need help making a flyer for an open house at my house, bring a friend and you will be entered to win a product of you choice at 60% off

nldavis321 said:
I am so excited. A really good friend of mine is buying her first house. She had mentioned before that she wanted to have PC Show and I approached her reminding her of this! heehee I told her I wanted to throw her a PC House Warming Party. She is sooooo very excited. Now...

Any helpful ideas! Tips? Suggestions? Has anyone ever thrown one before? I have done bridal showers before, but this one is a little different.

Thanks in advance for any help!

My first $1000 show was a housewarming party, but it was soooo long ago. I remember she made a wish list for her friends and family and invited lots of people. Her family made more purchases for her "housewarming" than her friends, I think. She did pass her list around at her party, but made sure no one felt obligated to buy for her. She maybe even just mentioned the list and set it on the coffee table. This was 6 years ago, so I am really trying hard to remember....In the end she was able to get a lot of free goodies for her kitchen without making her friends feel obligated. She worked really hard on her outside orders too. We just used PC invites, but I am sure you could go to files and find something you could use. You could tweak a bridal invitation to use for a housewarming too. Hope this helps.
Deb:)

Shower / wishlist suggestion ... lots of ideas today!

Go on a bridal shower thread and find product tickets/cards (SAMPLE ATTACHED). Have host make a wish list, then print the particular sheets and cut out the card for each product she wants. (each sheet has about 10-12 products on it - sample FYI)

Mount the tickets on 3x5 cards and be sure the item number and price are available.

-3x5 cards
-bamboo skewers from grocery store, or thinnest dowels from hardware store
-2 baskets
-solid styrofoam or floral "oasis" foam to cover bottom of basket
-fabric or wrapping paper
-ribbon for a bow
-tape
-her wishlist
-scissors
1. take each item from her wish list and cut out a ticket from the product info pages above, sorting into 2 piles...$20 and under, $21 and up
EASIEST...2. mount the cards either on a sheet of posterboard (maybe with velcro dots on the back, or just with tape loops), separating the less expensive from more expensive products.
FANCIER...2. mount the cards onto skewers and/or dowels
3. cover the styrofoam with fabric or wrapping paper
4. poke the dowel/skewer through the fabric/wrapping paper into the styrofoam.
5. make a "bouqet" of these cards in each basket, one is $21 and up, the other is $20 and under.
6. decorate with ribbon if you choose.

OK it's a bridal idea, but was fun for the guests to be able to pick a card or more to "give" to the host that night. To make "instant gifts", you would also get either
-white lunchbags
-or any lunchbags
-or envelopes,

plus hole puncher, multicolor pens, stickers - each guest decorates a bag or envelope for the host

Have guests remove the skewer from their intended-to-buy cards and stick the card/s in the envelope/lunchbag. Close up the gift, write host's name on it And "From So-and-so" (important!)

This way, they can "give a gift" that the housewarmee "receives" that very day.

-------------------------
Remind guests that their purchase for the host goes toward their purchase total, to make them eligible for the guest special that month. You could offer
-free doorprize tickets for each carded item they give
-5 free tickets if their combined gift/personal total is $100
-or that you'd add a $20 and under item to the host if they purchase over $125 total--which of course you would put on the host's discount so it would cost you much less (plus you're getting commission on all of it!!)
-a pop-a-baloon prize if they spend a set amount, prizes like
--you pay their shipping
--you pay their sales tax
--you give them $20 more in free product if they host a catalog show
--you give them $25 more in free product if they host a cooking show
--you give them a batter bowl if they refer a friend who hosts
--you give them a forged cutlery knife if they recruit or refer a recruit - when they qualify

Attachments

• mixing bowl, cranberry, stainless bowl.doc
    135.5 KB · Views: 368
Wow...thanks Scott! That helps so much! I have a vision now!

1. What is a House Warming Party?

A House Warming Party is a celebration that is thrown for someone who has recently moved into a new home. It is a way to welcome them to their new space and help them settle in.

2. How do I host a successful House Warming Party?

To host a successful House Warming Party, you should plan ahead and send out invitations to your guests. You can also provide food and drinks, decorations, and some fun activities or games for your guests to enjoy.

3. Can I have a House Warming Party if I am renting my home?

Absolutely! A House Warming Party is not limited to only homeowners. Renters can also host a House Warming Party to celebrate their new living space.

4. What should I bring as a gift to a House Warming Party?

It is customary to bring a small gift for the host/hostess of the House Warming Party. Some popular gift ideas include kitchen tools or gadgets, home decor, or a gift card to a home goods store.

5. How long should a House Warming Party last?

The duration of a House Warming Party can vary, but typically they last around 2-3 hours. It is a good idea to consider the schedules of your guests and plan accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NancyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
espinoll
  • pjpamchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KarenMarie
  • Alicia Messenger