• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spice Up Your Next Party: Exciting Couples Cookoff Ideas and Tips

S
sarahmarie
I need ideas for a couples cook off. i have a party in a few weeks made up mostly of women who have been to one of my 5 shows. and thier husbands will be there. I dont really want to do a presentation. the host is ready for fun but cant think of a good idea. and neither can i!
we kinda thought about providing ingredients and having the guys start the recipe and the girls finish.
I want to do something with a winning couple or two. or 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. We can do teams of one couple, 4 couples, or girls vs. guys.

Ideas?

You could so guys vs. girls. Pick out 2 similar recipes like 2 different pizzas. print out both recipes and flip a coin to see who gets first choice. Put out all of the tools for both recipes and whichever team finishes their recipe first gets a prize.

I did something similair to a cookoff since it was the hostesses 3rd show with me and all the other guests had been to my shows and we had the men and women split up into to groups and had them make 2 different recipes. It was pretty fun it ended up not being a contest but it got people to use the tools and some great interaction

I love that idea.....How did you go about promoting it?

JoyfulChef said:
How did you go about promoting it?
You could call it "Marathon Madness"

Did you do a search for couples show? I was thinking there were some good ideas a while back. I have heard of splitting them into men vs. women; the women could do main dish, the men the dessert. You could judge by time or by presentation. I think it would be lots of fun:)

I just had a couple show last Saturday. I had the men prepare the Apple Taffy Pizza (crust prepared before the show) and the ladies made the Fantastic Focaccia Bread. It was SO much fun. All the men commented to me how much fun they had. I didn't make it a contest (Not enough prizes in my inventory for everyone), but the interaction was great! I will most definately be suggesting this kind of show again. It was really easy for me because the guest did the demo - not me.Also, the host provided childcare, so I made a quick batch of Rice Krispy treats demoing the cookware and providing a snack for the kids.

If you click on files and search on "couple" you will find a bunch of old flyers and ideas for couple shows.

I just got home from a "couples show". My host wanted to make two different rings, so I had the ladies do one and the men do the other. The men actually had more fun and seemed to really enjoy themselves. Everyone got to use the different tools, and were impressed at how simple they made preparing a meal. I will hopefully do more of these in the future!
Have a nice day,
Ember

When I did my couples show a few weeks ago everybody had a great time. I'll definetley be doing more of them. It's pretty easy on the consultant because the guests are preparing the recipes!

Thanks for letting us know how these have gone.

1. What is a couples cookoff?

A couples cookoff is a fun and competitive event where couples work together to prepare a dish or multiple dishes within a specific time limit. It is a great way to bond with your partner and showcase your cooking skills.

2. How can I make a couples cookoff more exciting?

One idea is to have a theme for the cookoff, such as a specific cuisine or ingredient that must be used. You can also add a twist by having the couples switch roles halfway through the cooking process. Another option is to have a mystery ingredient that must be incorporated into the dish.

3. What are some team options for a couples cookoff?

You can have teams of one couple, where each couple works together to prepare a dish, or you can have larger teams, such as 4 couples working together. Another option is to have a friendly competition between the girls and guys, where each team must prepare a dish.

4. How can I determine a winner for the couples cookoff?

You can have a panel of judges taste and rate each dish based on taste, presentation, and creativity. Another option is to have each couple or team present their dish to the group and have everyone vote for their favorite. You can also have prizes for first, second, and third place winners.

5. What are some tips for hosting a successful couples cookoff?

Make sure to have all the necessary ingredients and cooking utensils available for the couples. Set a time limit for the cooking process and have a timer visible for all to see. Encourage friendly competition and have fun with it! You can also provide a variety of recipes for the couples to choose from or allow them to come up with their own dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vangogirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • mikaela
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies