• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unforgettable Show Experiences: Share Your Most Memorable Performance

In summary, the conversation was about memorable experiences while doing shows. One person shared a story of a fundraiser show for cancer research, where the hosts and the participant had never met in person until that evening. Another person shared a story about a show for their sister, who is a kindergarten teacher, with high sales and orders from parents and former students. Someone else shared a story about their highest sales from a live cooking show. Lastly, someone shared a funny story about a show where food fell on the floor and the guests ate it using the "5 second rule". The show resulted in multiple bookings, high sales, and recruits.
Joelen
I love hearing about everyone's experience and stories...

What was the most memorable show you did? Why?

(It could be memorable either because of something super positive or horribly negative...)

LONG story

My second show was a fundraiser - Part of the reason I got into the business was do to fundraisers for cancer research.

My hosts were helping a young lady raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphomas Society for their team in training program. The participant and the hosts had a mutual friend. They invited almost 100 people. There were about 25 people at this house when the show started. I was obviously a bit nervous because I was so new.

I didn't realize that the hosts and the participant had just chatted on the phone that they had never even met in person until that evening. How cool!

The hosts were a mom and daughter The daughter was recovering from Leukemia. My mom was battling Lymphoma at the time. The 23-year old daughter hand me a hand made card to give to my mother after the show was over. I just wanted to cry this family was so sweet. Not only were they dealing with the daughter's leukemia but her father is also on the transplant list. I believe is was waiting on a heart transplant.

The line got so long for check out that several people ended up ordering on line - My show was my biggest ever show and I would have qualified on that show alone. 1562.25

Then a friend of theirs booked a catalog show from that which was also a $1000 show.
It was an awesome experience!

The show I did for my sister. My sister is a Kindergarten Teacher, and prior to the show she got over $600 in outside orders from parents of her students and former students. Then at the show she had over 18 people there and an additional $800 something in orders. Was amazing!!

I did a live cooking show on my hot plate. It was so much fun. And was one of my highest sales. I do not know why I haven't done it again. I even had a guest tell me she felt like she was at a Paula Deen show; and that made my night b/c I love Paula Deen!

Feb. 5, 2007, Show # 5 ~ my Large Round Stone with a FRESH OUT OF THE OVEN Chicken Brocolli Braid (which was BEAUTIFUL, well, WAS!) slid off the rack and onto to the host's tile kitchen floor...

The hostess (a GOOD friend of mine) yelled "5 second rule!!!!" and 4 of them were scooping it up off the floor while I stood there with my jaw hanging/picking it up off the floor with my hands! I was thinking ~ What the heck? Are they that hungry they have to eat off the floor? YUCK! Then Cindy (hostess) said, "oh, it's clean, I just bleached the floor today...Whoaaaaa...bleach, Chicken Brocolli Braid...for some reason I'm REALLY sick now!

Until this day, I had NEVER heard "5 second rule" ~ I came home...my family was all excited and was asking how it went ~ I was still in shock these ladies would eat this thing off the floor ~ and said to them..."Have you ever heard about the 5 second rule?" With an EXTREMELY puzzled look on my face...my DH, DS and DD just laughed at me.

It was a great show...7 bookings, $1587 sales, 2 recruits...

I will NEVER forget this show!

Ginny

Kitchen2u said:
Feb. 5, 2007, Show # 5 ~ my Large Round Stone with a FRESH OUT OF THE OVEN Chicken Brocolli Braid (which was BEAUTIFUL, well, WAS!) slid off the rack and onto to the host's tile kitchen floor...

The hostess (a GOOD friend of mine) yelled "5 second rule!!!!" and 4 of them were scooping it up off the floor while I stood there with my jaw hanging/picking it up off the floor with my hands! I was thinking ~ What the heck? Are they that hungry they have to eat off the floor? YUCK! Then Cindy (hostess) said, "oh, it's clean, I just bleached the floor today...Whoaaaaa...bleach, Chicken Brocolli Braid...for some reason I'm REALLY sick now!

Until this day, I had NEVER heard "5 second rule" ~ I came home...my family was all excited and was asking how it went ~ I was still in shock these ladies would eat this thing off the floor ~ and said to them..."Have you ever heard about the 5 second rule?" With an EXTREMELY puzzled look on my face...my DH, DS and DD just laughed at me.

Ginny

Bahaha - with 2 boys we have aLWAYS had a 5-second rule - LOL

My most memorable show - a group of ladies from my neighbor's church...lovely lovely ladies. One of the guests keeled over...just passed out cold - slid off of her chair and onto the floor just as I was about to serve the Chicken & Broccoli braid. I jumped out from where I was standing and shoved my hand with the oven mitt on it under her head just as she was heading for the tile floor. The oven mitt padded her fall LOL
Ambulance came...hauled her off - turned out it was a blood pressure thing...but man, oh man...what a night...

Last edited:
LMAO. Oh dear lord I'm going to hell for laughing at that, but DUDE that is funny right there. LOL :D :D :D

The Chicken Broccoli Braid seems to be a connecting theme here...

My most memorable show was back when I first started and it was with a good friends from church and also a former PC consultant. I was very excited because she had couple hundred in OO and then had 15 plus guest confirmed, anyway I always provide the igrediants for my shows as it is a write-off and makes my prep time easier...I was 1 block from her house when I realized I forgot the food in the fridge (DUH) so thankfully my grandma who was also in attendace turned around went back to my house to get the food...in the mean time I go on and start setting up and my friend and I having a good laugh about me forgetting the food....The party was scheduled to start at 6:30 and the ingrediants got there at 6:25...WHEW!

Ginny

ROTFLMAO
i'm soooooo sorry but i'm laughing so hard i have tears in my eyes:eek:

Kitchen2u said:
Feb. 5, 2007, Show # 5

Ginny - show #5 this past February?!?

Glad you folks got a laugh out of that ~ believe me, I laugh now...but it wasn't too funny then. Back then (I have a life now! LOL) My house was spotless, cleaning all the time, never satisfied...so eating off the floor was disgusting to me! Heck I wouldn't eat anything that fell off anything...

Feb 5, 2001!

Yep Chicken Brocolii Braid...hmmmm....we're going to scare the newbies to make this AWESOME recipe!

Ginny

cmdtrgd said:
Ginny - show #5 this past February?!?

Man if this was true, I would have had oodles of trip points since I'm doing show #450 tomorrow! Call me Super PC Lady! . . . NOT!

Ginny

I love that recipe but man, you guys are scaring me now...
people going nuts eating off the floor...ladies passing out...

Well, I guess I'm qualified to handle that:
Mom = used to kids eating odd things or making messes.
EMT = I'll have the ladies vitals and blood sugar checked before the ambulance arrives.

...guess I may still consider the recipe and see what happens...

Ginny has awesome sales, bookings, recruits, so what can we lose?

Well, my most memorable show isn't because of what happened there necessarily, it is what is happening now.

I just got a call last night from a lady who wanted to order a few things because a lady at my April show referred her. The lady that did the referring is older and had fun, but didn't want to host or anything else so you "think" it's a dead end. Here 2 months later she referred someone to me for an order.

Another show, just did on July 6th, a lady showed up who has had EXTREMELY bad past PC situations with consultants - so much she said she'd never buy PC again and I didn't expect to see her at any of my shows...short story long...SHE APPROACHED ME to book a show and is scheduled for August 16th. We talked and she seems very excited!

Those things make shows memorable to me... :)

Best show ever. Everyone gave me a standing ovation. That's happened a couple of times, but WOW that is a very cool feeling. :D

1. What is an "Unforgettable Show Experience"?

An "Unforgettable Show Experience" is a performance put on by Pampered Chef consultants that is designed to engage, entertain, and educate guests about our products and cooking techniques. It is a one-of-a-kind experience that leaves a lasting impression on everyone who attends.

2. How do I attend an "Unforgettable Show Experience"?

You can attend an "Unforgettable Show Experience" by hosting a Pampered Chef party or by attending one as a guest of a host. You can also contact your local Pampered Chef consultant to find out about upcoming shows in your area.

3. What can I expect at an "Unforgettable Show Experience"?

At an "Unforgettable Show Experience", you can expect to see our products in action, learn new cooking techniques, and have a fun and interactive experience. Our consultants will also share tips and tricks for using our products and provide opportunities for guests to try them out for themselves.

4. Are there any costs associated with attending an "Unforgettable Show Experience"?

No, there are no costs associated with attending an "Unforgettable Show Experience". Our shows are completely free to attend and there is no pressure to purchase anything. However, if you do decide to make a purchase, our consultants will be available to assist you with any orders.

5. Can I bring a friend or family member to an "Unforgettable Show Experience"?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a friend or family member to an "Unforgettable Show Experience". In fact, we encourage it! Our shows are a great way to spend time with loved ones and learn something new together. Just make sure to let your consultant know how many guests will be attending so they can plan accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Brandi2007
  • pamperedbecky
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dianevill
Replies
Views
PamperChefCarol